So chose showbiz.

Took a while to decide and honestly tomorrow I might have voted differently.

I guess I decided for the older song of the ones I wanted to vote for and the lack of showbiz songs up to now on the tour reinforced that as well.

Now let's see if the effort leads somewhere.

Good call to do this as a community effort.

I lurk a lot but don't post much. Too much negativity,but anyway, believe me when I say thank you Jobby. I think and hope that this is a more effective method. I voted.

For what it's worth

I do really love the spectacle but I personally would rather take a more intimate show with better crowds. Would it be expensive or impossible to do both? Maybe

just sell the small shows to muse.Mu members

or something?

Do you do children's parties?

:LOL:

Edited by bob122577

Tell us then, what SHOULD we be voting for?

I don't know, but if you're going to be spamming them with requests throughout the tour, at least make it something really obscure and interesting. I'm talking Spiral Static, Host (in full), Falling Away With You, Shrinking Universe, Glorious, Crying Shame, Easily, Eternally Missed versus a song that was consistently rotated throughout the 2010 stadium tour) and a song played at every single single gig the tour before that.

Maybe it's because US has been played in the last year while Ashamed hasn't been played in over 15 years, and is also much more well known. I'd rather hear US than Ashamed anyway, and I like Ashamed.

If people are wanting them to play US over an actual rarity then that's quite sad. It's not a 'rarity' if it was a frequently played track from the last two albums. Makes no sense to include it

Wow I totally couldn't see this coming, a bunch of plebs voting for pleb material.

I've seen this before. Oh right, six years ago with their official polls.

it's more fun to post in places where you like things

you're such a pretentious bag of dicks that sometimes i consider that you are bellamy on a decoy account

some terrible, barely related supporting facts: prince once went by the pseudonym alexander nevermind. also, to be hidden is to be at large. alexander delarge: the worst person on this forum, or matt bellamy.

So chose showbiz.

Took a while to decide and honestly tomorrow I might have voted differently.

I guess I decided for the older song of the ones I wanted to vote for and the lack of showbiz songs up to now on the tour reinforced that as well.

Now let's see if the effort leads somewhere.

Good call to do this as a community effort.

I might be wrong (don't understand my own poll lmao) but I think you can swap your vote if you go back and try the poll again. Poll doesn't close until midday Monday 1st so you can change anytime until then :happy: (I think)

I don't know, but if you're going to be spamming them with requests throughout the tour, at least make it something really obscure and interesting. I'm talking Spiral Static, Host (in full), Falling Away With You, Shrinking Universe, Glorious, Crying Shame, Easily, Eternally Missed versus a song that was consistently rotated throughout the 2010 stadium tour) and a song played at every single single gig the tour before that.

Why? :erm:

More obscure =/= better. People are voting for the rarities they'd most like to see. Are you seriously moaning about the prospect of Showbiz, Assassin, Muscle Museum, B&H, Sing For Absolution or MK Ultra returning to rotation?

And, again, it's Showbiz and Assassin that are currently in the lead, two songs that haven't been regulars in years.

If people are wanting them to play US over an actual rarity then that's quite sad. It's not a 'rarity' if it was a frequently played track from the last two albums. Makes no sense to include it

I'd much rather see US for a second time over Ashamed personally but that's not why it's there. It's there because it is rare and was recently played on the Pyscho Tour.

Also, have you considered that not everyone was around on TR Tour, which is the only time it was a regular?

Why do you seem so upset by this? :LOL:

Showbiz and Assassin are currently in the lead with B&H, Muscle Museum and Sing For Absolution all tied just behind them. How is this 'pleb material'? :erm:

It upsets me because you claimed to be inclusive then you go and exclude Ashamed after you said you would include it. Good going. I couldn't care less if people don't vote for it, but it's hypocritical to exclude it after you said you'd include it.

It's sad for me to want them to play a song I like instead of a song I don't like as much? Ok. Also basically what Jobby said.

It's sad for me to want them to play a song I like instead of a song I don't like as much? Ok. Also basically what Jobby said.

You realize I'm trying to make a point about getting songs on this list, not about preference. Preference comes into play once people see songs on the list. US should simply not be on it because it's not a rarity. Full stop. Nobody here would even consider it a 'classic' much less a rarity. Conversely, Ashamed is a rarity and it was omitted.

More obscure =/= better. People are voting for the rarities they'd most like to see. Are you seriously moaning about the prospect of Showbiz, Assassin, Muscle Museum, B&H, Sing For Absolution or MK Ultra returning to rotation?

And, again, it's Showbiz and Assassin that are currently in the lead, two songs that haven't been regulars in years.

I'd much rather see US for a second time over Ashamed personally but that's not why it's there. It's there because it is rare and was recently played on the Pyscho Tour.

Also, have you considered that not everyone was around on TR Tour, which is the only time it was a regular?

Well shouldn't these polls be directed towards people who have been fans for a long periods of time and want to get a chance of hearing these songs without hell freezing over as it did in Helsinki or the Zepp that one day instead of the reddit "this is my first show" crowd?

I'm not saying obscure=better, but often hyped up doesn't mean better either.

All you guys are doing is reinforcing their idea that old material = obscure material. If you can buy it on an album and listen to it on spotify, it isn't obscure. I'd argue that the way fans talk about "rarities" is partially responsible for the situation we're in now. The way this community has talked about "obscure" tracks like "Assassin" and "Take a Bow" is absolutely laughable.

It upsets me because you claimed to be inclusive then you go and exclude Ashamed after you said you would include it. Good going. I couldn't care less if people don't vote for it, but it's hypocritical to exclude it after you said you'd include it.

I was inclusive and asked for suggestions on multiple aspects of the poll several times. The only remotely realistic song suggestion I got was Space Dementia, which was added to the list. I changed my mind about Ashamed because a couple of people suggested not putting an 'other' option, like I was going to, and I didn't think it mattered enough to bother adding into the poll as it's own slot.

Look, I've tried my best to make this as much of a community/collective thing as I can to make it fair. Please don't get butthurt just because one specific song that, like, 3 people might have voted for isn't on there. The current list isn't exactly shite.

Well shouldn't these polls be directed towards people who have been fans for a long periods of time and want to get a chance of hearing these songs without hell freezing over as it did in Helsinki or the Zepp that one day instead of the reddit "this is my first show" crowd?

...no?

This isn't a vote for a small, hardcore fan-focussed club tour like the Psycho Tour. It's a vote for two rarities to be in rotation for a massive arena tour, which anyone could be going on. Most of the songs on there were picked because they've been played fairly recently and are therefore rehearsed.

Edited by Jobby

You should just make a realistic list Kueller, a gigantic list like the one proposed was never going to accomplish much.

As I said in the IRC chat, any song is realistic as long as it isn't City of Delusion because we know he doesn't have the acoustic electric anymore.

Rehearsing new tracks is why soundcheck exists. As long as they're reading it an hour before a show, I don't see why something that hasn't been played since 1997 couldn't get played at the show later that night.

any song is realistic as long as it isn't City of Delusion because we know he doesn't have the acoustic electric anymore.

I don't think not having an acoustic-electric guitar would really stop them from playing CoD if they really wanted to, given how Matt's been treating his guitar parts over the years.

people are legit complaining about the prospect of showbiz and assassin coming back because they aren't rare enough wtaf lmao

I don't think not having an acoustic-electric guitar would really stop them from playing CoD if they really wanted to, given how Matt's been treating his guitar parts over the years.

He could also easily buy one or somehow get one over the break before the Bercy gigs, which is why the poll's timed to end just before then. Doubt that'll be necessary though as COD's fallen behind since the start.