We can add as many rarities and obscure tracks as people want, but Assassin, Showbiz, Dead Star, Fury and Butterflies & Hurricanes will only leave a few scraps for the other contenders imo.

I know, I just don't see much point in adding them if only 1 or 2 people will vote for certain songs. Eh, fuck it, I'll add an 'other' option for people who wanna suggest something else and count up however many times certain songs pop in there.

Was originally gonna make a thread on here but I figured I'd do an online poll instead so it could easily be posted to other sites. When should I set it to end, guys? I was thinking the 1st of Febrauary to coincide with the end of the US/Canada leg and the start of their break (when they could rehearse anything that needed rehearsing). Also they'll probably be on Twitter before/after the gig to see the hashtag. Open to other shouts though.

Next time we do this let's try to make it happen before I see them.

Sorry :( Was worried about it coming across as a bit of a 'fuck you' to the people on the US/Canada leg but I only just thought of it last night.

Going out for lunch for a bit, I'll finish and post the poll later on. Feel free to leave any last minute song/poll method suggestions in here for when I get back peeps :happy:

I know, I just don't see much point in adding them if only 1 or 2 people will vote for certain songs. Eh, fuck it, I'll add an 'other' option for people who wanna suggest something else and count up however many times certain songs pop in there.

It is all the more so pointless since voting for songs that are unlikely to get many votes prevent those people from voting for one of the songs that do have a chance and thus they can't effectively voice their opinion. But that's their problem after all.

Also, 1st of February sounds perfect to me.

I just don't see the appeal and neither does the majority of the fanbase considering its one of the least talked about songs.

Fury has been played almost every tour since 2002 though...

It's not like everyone discusses rarities anyways because clearly it's pointless? Don't see what you're getting at. Nobody talks about things because people don't talk about them. It's a cycle. Things get talked about when someone starts talking about themselves.

It was somewhat sarcastic. I just hope it doesn't turn out like The Resistance Tour polls.

Well, it's not an official poll so the hashtags may well fail spectacularly or go completely unacknowledged by the band :chuckle:

Figured it was worth trying though, and pooling the fanbase's efforts is our best bet.

I'll help with this but I'm still spamming AssassinForBelfast regardless of what the outcome is, since that's more of a friendly reminder in the sense of "hey remember this thing you promised to play".

Oh yeah, personal requests and promise reminders are still totes fine, obvs. You probably won't be alone on the Belfast one.

It is all the more so pointless since voting for songs that are unlikely to get many votes prevent those people from voting for one of the songs that do have a chance and thus they can't effectively voice their opinion. But that's their problem after all.

Also, 1st of February sounds perfect to me.

I wouldn't bother with an 'other' option because of this reason. Also going from that link to a past poll, Glorious should probably be in the list.

It's not like everyone discusses rarities anyways because clearly it's pointless? Don't see what you're getting at. Nobody talks about things because people don't talk about them. It's a cycle. Things get talked about when someone starts talking about themselves.
People do though? People have been discussing Assassin, Dead Star (before it became a semi-staple), Muscle Museum, Futurism, Sing For Absolution, B&H, HCM, HTAILY etc regularly. You can't just ignore that songs that are rare are mentioned constantly just because it doesn't fit your argument. Some rarities are wanted, others aren't, simple. And we could get into number of plays etc on Spotify and similar services too. Not to mention youtube views. The most views that a youtube video of Ashamed has is 30 000, and the second one like 10 000, and then there barely are any more videos of it. Compare it to HCM which has loads of videos with tens of thousands of views, and one with 566 000.

It's not rocket science. Ashamed isn't really that big of a deal, even to fans.

So we're basing song quality based on the amount of views and plays it has on Spotify/YouTube respectively?

I suppose by that logic, Madness and Uprising are the greatest things this band has ever produced.

Who said a word about quality? Maybe you should actually read what you're getting into before speaking.

If we're talking opinions I'd say that it's a crap song. But where does that get us?

Yes Please and Agitated > Ashamed.

Well according to the amount of plays (which are complete bullshit because Warner took these songs down and they all had >50,000 plays in 2010ish before the influx of DMCA takedowns), Ashamed has more plays than Yes Please studio track on YouTube. Sure, 300,000 less on Spotify but YP is much higher on the Hullabaloo track list (where people might get bored or turn it off as background noise)

Same goes for these Japanese tracks you're all fans of. Of course Futurism would have more plays than *insert track off Hullabaloo* since Origin is a popular album and autoplay is a thing.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Why are you trying so hard to not understand, Alexander DeLarge?

I do understand. You're all talking about play counts on Spotify and views on YouTube making the argument that this reflects popularity among Muse fans. I'm saying it doesn't because of various factors, the biggest one being many of those videos haven't been released by Warner and/or were removed by the original posters due to copyright strikes on YouTube.

Playing devil's advocate, let's say these numbers do reflect popularity, should the setlists be at the mercy of the board's public opinion? Let's be honest, the hardcore fans have some shitty plebeian-tier tastes too. #DEADSTAR signs for an entire tour was dumb and those 2010 stadium poll results weren't much better.

I do understand. You're all talking about play counts on Spotify and views on YouTube making the argument that this reflects popularity among Muse fans. I'm saying it doesn't because of various factors, the biggest one being many of those videos haven't been released by Warner and/or were removed by the original posters due to copyright strikes on YouTube.

Playing devil's advocate, let's say these numbers do reflect popularity, should the setlists be at the mercy of the board's public opinion? Let's be honest, the hardcore fans have some shitty plebeian-tier tastes too. #DEADSTAR signs for an entire tour was dumb and those 2010 stadium poll results weren't much better.

Nice backpedaling. You quite obviously thought we were talking about quality.

But okay let's pretend that that never happened. No one is saying that the board should decide anything. I was literally saying that I don't see the point in bringing back Ashamed since it's not really popular ANYWHERE. Not among mainstream fans, not on youtube, not on here, probably not on reddit etc either. Why would we want to bring back a song that no one wants to hear? I'm just asking for one reason to why we as a board would try to bring it back.

The thing about songs like Dead Star is that it's a good song that fans like, which was also quite popular once. I mean back in 2008 there were even sing-alongs to it.

And the taste of the "hardcore fans" is quite varied, we're just not stupid enough to think that anything would get done if everyone just picked different songs, and that it's better to go together and ask for songs that most people can agree on. Such as Bliss, Dead Star, CE etc.

Then when we got them, we went for songs like Assassin and Showbiz. It's quite simple.

EUROPE SETLIST LEAKED!!!!

Assassin

Butterflies & Hurricanes

City Of Delusion

Dark Shines

Dead Star

Fury

Futurism

The Groove

Hyper Music

Micro Cuts

MK Ultra