Sing for Absolution would've been amazing on the 2nd law tour

I would've loved to have seen 2012 Matt do some of those big songs. CoD, Showbiz, RBS, SFA spring to mind.

Out of interest does someone with sufficient musical knowledge reckon 2012 Matt could've hit the Hyper Music choruses?

I would've loved to have seen 2012 Matt do some of those big songs. CoD, Showbiz, RBS, SFA spring to mind.

Out of interest does someone with sufficient musical knowledge reckon 2012 Matt could've hit the Hyper Music choruses?

He did do RBS.

The HM chorus tops at A4s, same as the ones he do in the verses. So yes he can hit them, but it would probably be a bit shaky and very tiring.

lol all I wanted was an inclusion, it's really not asking much from a fellow board member, I couldn't care less if it didn't get voted but people forget things granted Muse has well over 100 songs in their catalog, and maybe people like some of those songs. Who knows.

Like I said, you would've had an inclusion if you'd suggested a fairly realistic song (i.e. piano Falling Down or Cave maybe) or something that a fair amount of people agreed with, which is what I asked for. There's no point putting something like Ashamed on there because even if it did get voted for there's no way Muse would actually bring it back into rotation on a massive arena tour. On a small club tour, maybe, but that's not what this is for.

For the record, I quite like Ashamed and I'm sure there's plenty of people who do. It's just most of the rarities in that list are some of Muse's most popular and are always gonna dominate votes. Stuff as frequently requested as Showbiz and Assassin are massively unlikely to suddenly get toppled by an old b-side that nobody really talks about.

But let's just drop it now, it's not a big deal and I'm not sure how many times I can explain the same things. I'm sorry you personally didn't get an inclusion but, again, you didn't really suggest anything productive.

The redditors want to know why New Born isn't on the list...

Eh, maybe I should've included it tbf. If someone had mentioned it beforehand, I probs would've put it on. I considered it but left it out 'cause it didn't really seem to fit in with the others. It was in fairly steady rotation on T2L Tour iirc though so I don't think it's been gone long enough that we can call it an out-and-out rarity yet, certainly not as much as the others.

I still don't get how people can moan about specific songs not being on there though. Like, "Shit, [insert song] isn't on there, guess I have to vote for Showbiz/Assassin/Muscle Museum etc. instead." It's not exactly a bad trade-off :LOL:

Edited by Jobby

If you vote a second time, it cancels your first vote.

On another note, I'm starting to wonder, if the winning couple were Showbiz + Muscle Museum, wouldn't they laugh them off? 2 songs from Showbiz seems rather unlikely, doesn't it?

Shouldn't we create a thread for the poll? The link is kind of buried here and lacks visibility imo.

Votes have been coming in at a decent rate so I don't think there's any immediate need. Also, without sounding like an elitist dick, I'd be a bit hesitant to make it too visible in case of lurkers and whatnot who aren't too familiar with all of the songs or recent setlists and don't realise what their vote might mean.

If people think a separate thread would be best though then we can do one.

On another note, I'm starting to wonder, if the winning couple were Showbiz + Muscle Museum, wouldn't they laugh them off? 2 songs from Showbiz seems rather unlikely, doesn't it?

They'd only be in semi-rotation to be fair, both consistently would obviously never happen. Matt tipped Showbiz to maybe pop up this year and Muscle Museum was played a few times last year so we know they're at least open to playing both of them separately. Swapping between having one or the other make the occasional appearance shouldn't be out of the question imo.

Plenty of time before the poll closes though, a lot could change yet. Muscle Museum wasn't doing all that well yesterday iirc, and now it's not far off first :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

If you vote a second time, it cancels your first vote.

You're totally right, those songs have never had a pre-show/spur of the moment request fulfilled, but obviously we're going off of popularity versus plausibility here, otherwise those songs wouldn't be included just as my "unproductive" and "implausible" suggestion of Ashamed (according to Jobby) wasn't.

Edited by jonisdead

You're totally right, those songs have never had a pre-show/spur of the moment request fulfilled, but obviously we're going off of popularity versus plausibility here, otherwise those songs wouldn't be included just as my "unproductive" and "implausible" suggestion of Ashamed according to Jobby wasn't.

giphy.gif

Also, you do realise Muscle Museum was played on the Psycho Tour by pre-show requests just last year...right?

oh god why am i even trying to logic at this point

giphy.gif

Also, you do realise Muscle Museum was played on the Psycho Tour by pre-show requests just last year...right?

oh god why am i even trying to logic at this point

That was for an entire tour full of ass-random songs that nobody expected. You can't measure a mid-tour attempt at song requests against a standard of club tour full of nothing but rarities where the band was trying to please the crowds. This is a different beast entirely.

You're totally right, those songs have never had a pre-show/spur of the moment request fulfilled, but obviously we're going off of popularity versus plausibility here, otherwise those songs wouldn't be included just as my "unproductive" and "implausible" suggestion of Ashamed (according to Jobby) wasn't.

Dude, really?

Dude, really?

Yes, really. Fanbase mobilization of this sort would have been far more effective around Psycho Tour time than it is/would be now, especially with Reddit seeking to undermine whatever efforts are made here by petitioning for songs like Stockholm Syndrome and New born.