Have the band actually acknowledged the Showbiz recommendations anywhere?

I seem to remember at one of the Psycho gigs (Manchester?) The crowd were chanting Showbiz but Matt laughed it off by saying "got the wrong memo on that one."

The last time they performed it Matt said that it would be the last time they'd ever play it. This info was on the Wiki for years but was deleted for some reason.

Have the band actually acknowledged the Showbiz recommendations anywhere?

I seem to remember at one of the Psycho gigs (Manchester?) The crowd were chanting Showbiz but Matt laughed it off by saying "got the wrong memo on that one."

Dom said on his way into that gig that he'd love to play it. During the gig, when the chants were started, Matt said 'aw, fuck' in like an 'oh, shit, I didn't know soz' kind of way. After the gig I asked Dom about it and he said they'd love to play it but the request was just a bit short notice and they didn't have time to rehearse it.

Sometime after that, another fan mentioned it to Matt and he specifically mentioned it might come back in Paris and London but then also said he wasn't sure if he could sing it.

Dom said on his way into that gig that he'd love to play it. During the gig, when the chants were started, Matt said 'aw, fuck' in like an 'oh, shit, I didn't know soz' kind of way. After the gig I asked Dom about it and he said they'd love to play it but the request was just a bit short notice and they didn't have time to rehearse it.

Sometime after that, another fan mentioned it to Matt and he specifically mentioned it might come back in Paris and London but then also said he wasn't sure if he could sing it.

I doubt the band will ever say "No we don't want to play it/no we won't play it" if a fan is talking to them face to face to avoid awkwardness.

I doubt the band will ever say "No we don't want to play it/no we won't play it" if a fan is talking to them face to face to avoid awkwardness.

Seemed pretty genuine, particularly from Matt. The tour was pretty heavily focused on listening to fan requests and playing rare/old songs so I doubt they'd just outright refuse to play something, especially when they played Muscle Museum and Uno which I'm at least fairly certain Matt doesn't like.

Plus, I don't see why he'd tip it for London and Paris afterwards if they were refusing to play it.

Seemed pretty genuine, particularly from Matt. The tour was pretty heavily focused on listening to fan requests and playing rare/old songs so I doubt they'd just outright refuse to play something, especially when they played Muscle Museum and Uno which I'm at least fairly certain Matt doesn't like.

Plus, I don't see why he'd tip it for London and Paris afterwards if they were refusing to play it.

You said it was Dom. "Aw, fuck" isn't anything to go off of if you're talking about Matt

You said it was Dom. "Aw, fuck" isn't anything to go off of if you're talking about Matt

I meant Matt seemed genuinely pretty gutted that the fans were chanting for a song on a request-based tour that he couldn't remember how to play. He also went over to Dom and it looked like he was having a quick chat with him about it while maybe trying to see if he could remember it but quickly shook his head, came back to the mic and apologised.

Dom also seemed genuine though, obviously, and what he said after the gig was pretty much what it looked like happened on-stage.

But, again, given that Matt tipped it for London and Paris afterwards, they're clearly open to playing it and know that it's highly requested.

people are legit complaining about the prospect of showbiz and assassin coming back because they aren't rare enough wtaf lmao

I'm more annoyed by the fact that these tracks on albums you can pick up off a shelf and buy or listen to on Spotify quite easily are labeled as these "obscure rarities" by fans. This board in particular is likely responsible for mentality the band has with the "only 10 of you probably know it" comment the other night.

I mean the fans themselves are regularly spreading/buying into the nonsensical idea that track 2 and even track 1 of their albums is obscure and that it's reserved strictly for the "hardcore fans".

Well shouldn't these polls be directed towards people who have been fans for a long periods of time and want to get a chance of hearing these songs without hell freezing over as it did in Helsinki or the Zepp that one day instead of the reddit "this is my first show" crowd?.

It should be for the crowd who truly knows their entire catalogue. Front to back. I've only had the chance to see them once, but I know from the biggest hits (Starlight, Uprising) to the really obscure songs (Eternally Missed kicks ass and so does Coma).

I think this is the way to judge fake fan vs. true diehard. One simple question:

What do you think of Execution Commentary?

Fake fan: "It's a cool song, I like it."

Real fan: *hysterical laughter*

It actually works, I've tried it.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that these tracks on albums you can pick up off a shelf and buy or listen to on Spotify quite easily are labeled as these "obscure rarities" by fans. This board in particular is likely responsible for mentality the band has with the "only 10 of you probably know it" comment the other night.

I mean the fans themselves are regularly spreading/buying into the nonsensical idea that track 2 and even track 1 of their albums is obscure and that it's reserved strictly for the "hardcore fans".

Jesus Christ you're deluded. You think the board is responsible for the mentality of the band? Do you honestly think that the band are on here enough to get into that? And how can you still not get that people aren't trying to get the most "obscure" songs played because it's literally meaningless. We talk in terms of how RARE songs are. By your logic, Agitated is more special than FAWY.

You can at least try to understand that this board tries to pick songs that are rare but still popular enough that a lot of people will go together for the cause. Do you honestly believe that you could ever get loads of fans to chant for Ashamed which you two keep going on about?

And the only one who has an elitistic perspective on this is you. The rest of us don't believe that the music is reserved for anyone.

It's been almost 10 years or something since they last played it. Might not have that same attitude towards it.

I was there :awesome:.

Manchester MEN, November 11 2006: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/manchester-evening-news-arena-manchester-england-1bd7b58c.html

I thought I'd never get to see Showbiz live. Then I saw it at two gigs in a row (Eden Project 2006 and then Manchester).

Jesus Christ you're deluded. You think the board is responsible for the mentality of the band? Do you honestly think that the band are on here enough to get into that? And how can you still not get that people aren't trying to get the most "obscure" songs played because it's literally meaningless. We talk in terms of how RARE songs are. By your logic, Agitated is more special than FAWY.

You can at least try to understand that this board tries to pick songs that are rare but still popular enough that a lot of people will go together for the cause. Do you honestly believe that you could ever get loads of fans to chant for Ashamed which you two keep going on about?

And the only one who has an elitistic perspective on this is you. The rest of us don't believe that the music is reserved for anyone.

People chant whatever people around them chant, not sure how that's relevant. "Loads" of people don't ever chant things at Muse concerts anyways besides the lyrics to Starlight or PiB singalongs.

People chant whatever people around them chant, not sure how that's relevant. "Loads" of people don't ever chant things at Muse concerts anyways besides the lyrics to Starlight or PiB singalongs.
And you couldn't possibly imagine that I was using the word chant as a metaphor for requests, kind of what we've been doing for a while now?

And jesus christ this is petty. Btw you do realise that your argument that the "popular" rarities among fans are only talked about because of a cycle where stuff that gets brought up becomes requested falls short when you try to bring up Ashamed and no one except Alex picks up on it?

Meanwhile if I bring up CoD, SFA, HCM, Showbiz or The Groove, people instantly join in on the "yeah that would be great". You're right that certain songs get into the cycle of board popularity, but that obviously isn't the case with certain songs.

And you couldn't possibly imagine that I was using the word chant as a metaphor for requests, kind of what we've been doing for a while now?

And jesus christ this is petty. Btw you do realise that your argument that the "popular" rarities among fans are only talked about because of a cycle where stuff that gets brought up becomes requested falls short when you try to bring up Ashamed and no one except Alex picks up on it?

Meanwhile if I bring up CoD, SFA, HCM, Showbiz or The Groove, people instantly join in on the "yeah that would be great". You're right that certain songs get into the cycle of board popularity, but that obviously isn't the case with certain songs.

lol all I wanted was an inclusion, it's really not asking much from a fellow board member, I couldn't care less if it didn't get voted but people forget things granted Muse has well over 100 songs in their catalog, and maybe people like some of those songs. Who knows.