This whole conversation has made me that much more sad that getting a setlist like Dallas, Houston, or the Canadian gigs that had Bliss or CE would have made me wonderfully happy...

Apparently I'm super easy to please.

(And yet, it wouldn't have happened for me...)

There's another point to be made here, nobody in the US would benefit from these petition efforts either. Only reinforces the idea that European fans would care more than US fans about any of this stuff. Thus is doomed to begin another vicious cycle of bias against America.

I admit to a certain amount of hopelessness regarding Muse in the US right now (that amount being "tons,") beyond any of my personal hang ups about stages, etc.

I really, honestly, feel like they just can't wait until the US gigs are over, and I'm a bit sick to my stomach to see if they remove simple stuff like CE and Bliss again immediately after leaving Canada.

And unless I saw some badly framed videos, those Canadian crowds seemed a hell of a lot like the US ones when it comes to "activity" levels.

Probably a bad attitude to have, but I'd be more disappointed after seeing the rotations happen on those gigs, seeing a US show like was going on around Oakland and later.

Like, going in with a hope of seeing something I really, really want to.

At least after those bad US sets, I'd have given up hope. :chuckle:

Yes, really. Fanbase mobilization of this sort would have been far more effective around Psycho Tour time than it is/would be now, especially with Reddit seeking to undermine whatever efforts are made here by petitioning for songs like Stockholm Syndrome and New born.

No one on reddit is undermining anything lmao. The thread about hashtagging for Stockholm was up before I even made the poll (for a gig that happens before Feb 1st anyway) and like one guy mentioned wanting New Born on the list

If you don't like the poll then don't vote on it, hun :kiss: it's just a little idea that might result in one or two popular rarities appearing a bit more this year, no need to get so bent outta shape about it. If you've got any other issues you can pm me if you want 'cause the thread doesn't need filling up with this.

Edited by Jobby

I personally like the idea of sticking with stuff that's already been played for the US.

There's been enough gigs that haven't gotten something like CE, Bliss or Map, and it would actually be pretty damn nice if they could bring those songs to the future US gigs... and highly unlikely they'd do anything much rarer that that, tbh.

I personally like the idea of sticking with stuff that's already been played for the US.

There's been enough gigs that haven't gotten something like CE, Bliss or Map, and it would actually be pretty damn nice if they could bring those songs to the future US gigs... and highly unlikely they'd do anything much rarer that that, tbh.

Meh, worst case scenario is the poll flops and the songs don't get played at all. No harm in trying imo, we can only benefit from it, and an en masse request for something like this is probably our best bet.

They've paid attention to smaller requests, hopefully this being way more unified and heavily pushed will make up for the requests being a bit rarer. I mean, they've already shown that they're open to potentially playing Showbiz at least twice on this tour, this could even just solidify that or get it played in more places.

There's another point to be made here, nobody in the US would benefit from these petition efforts either. Only reinforces the idea that European fans would care more than US fans about any of this stuff. Thus is doomed to begin another vicious cycle of bias against America.

This. I honestly want equal treatment throughout the tour just so everyone can relate to the poor setlists. I'm sick of these dipshits on the East Coast and Europe telling West Coast/Middle American fans to "stop complaining" when they've gotten better shows quite consistently from 2011 onward. Not to mention the hypocrites who not only do that, but vote on and share the petitions/polls for better setlists.

Again, I need to point out that if anyone is going to get treated "better", why not over here where it's infinitely more difficult to get from show to show? East Coast/Europe is easy mode for gigs.

This is why we can't have nice things. :noey::LOL:

You're acting as if the West Coast or the surrounding areas have had nice things for the better half of a decade.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Fans in the US could have taken the initiative earlier, couldn't they? You can't blame people for trying to get what they want.

Fans in the US could have taken the initiative earlier, couldn't they? You can't blame people for trying to get what they want.

We did, with signs, just as I started last tour on night 2 of LA with Citizen Erased. Who could've guessed that the twitter accounts which consistently ignore fan requests would start once they left the West Coast as always?

Also the burden shouldn't be on the fans. That's misplaced to say the least.

Take into account that we saw enough variation throughout Mexico/US debut in Texas and going down through the Pacific Northwest that we didn't think a hashtag campaign was necessary. They were handling it themselves, then all of a sudden, going through California/Nevada/Arizona, it stopped then started up immediately after.

I know what you mean and I get the frustration. I don't think I'm the one placing the burden on the fans though, I was merely replying to jonisdead, whose point was basically "you guys are not cool because you make us look like we don't care about rarities". No need to turn this into a Europe vs US argument.

I don't get it. Are Jon and Alex complaining because European fans are trying to do something for themselves and not for the US? Do you even have an alternative? Should Europe NOT try to get their favourite songs played out of respect for you? Should we have done it earlier to include you? In that case you should have done it yourself.

I really don't get the issue here other than that you're still upset that your song wasn't included so now you have to be against the whole thing.

There's still time for the rest of the US tour to start something. Trying doesn't hurt and then you can say you at least tried it!

Kobe and I started a campain for Vienna in September (#showbizforvienna :p) and if we succeed, great! If not, ok but we tried...

Edited by Claudia O.

I don't get it. Are Jon and Alex complaining because European fans are trying to do something for themselves and not for the US? Do you even have an alternative? Should Europe NOT try to get their favourite songs played out of respect for you? Should we have done it earlier to include you? In that case you should have done it yourself.

Let's be honest. Europe was always going to get exactly what they're asking for so I don't see the point of this little poll other than having the ability to tweet spam the band/crew with numbers they already know people want.

It's easy to be a critic of our actions when you have the benefit of hindsight. We did signs both tours, and again, how were we supposed to know that our signs would be ignored (on a multiple night residency) while Tweets seem to work everywhere but here (including single nights), when they used to be entirely ignored quite universally?

I'm saying the setlists should remain stagnant so everyone knows how much it sucks because I'm sick of these pricks from the East Coast and Europe (that can not relate to getting bad setlists consistently) to suck it up and deal with it or travel elsewhere (because why do 5 shows with generic/bad setlists when you can do 1 on the East Coast which will likely be better due to location/crowd bias for the same price?). Alternatively, they could you know, give a really strong set that people are happy with every single night everywhere.

I'm saying the setlists should remain stagnant so everyone knows how much it sucks because I'm sick of these pricks from the East Coast and Europe (that can not relate to getting bad setlists consistently) to suck it up and deal with it or travel elsewhere.

You sound like one of those cheesy supervillains whose main motivation in the film is 'you shall all suffer like I once did!!1!'

Personally, I'd rather see some places get good sets and rare songs than nowhere at all, even if the gigs I went to got shafted. Watching videos of stuff I'd like to see but didn't get to is much preferable to wishing everywhere else ill will due to some twisted sense of 'fairness' and spite.

You sound like one of those cheesy supervillains whose main motivation in the film is 'you shall all suffer like I once did!!1!'

Personally, I'd rather see some places get good sets and rare songs than nowhere at all, even if the gigs I went to got shafted. Watching videos of stuff I'd like to see but didn't get to is much preferable to wishing everywhere else ill will due to some twisted sense of 'fairness' and spite.

I mean that's easy for you to say considering the extreme abundance of rarities you got at the gigs you went to.

Edited by jonisdead

It's funny you say you'd rather watch videos of stuff you'd like to see but didn't get to, considering I remember looking at each of those sets as they happened and thought to myself "Jesus, I wish I did that show instead of *insert number of shows I did on that tour trying to get a fraction of that*"

Let's take a look

20 songs including B&H/CE/Take a Bow/Map your first show

Origin in full + 9 hits your second show

24 songs (standard 2013 European stadium show) plus Dead Star your third

An incredibly intimate gig at the Manchester Academy with The Groove, Dead Star, Fury and Hyper Music your fourth

The heaviest set they've done since 2004 Earl's Court as your fifth at Download and you have another four on your way in London and one in Manchester.

Don't say "if my gigs got shafted" because that has literally never fucking happened to you (and likely never will). You'd have sit down for a couple minutes and think about what it'd be like to get screwed on a setlist, and here you are creating a poll to get even more in your favor. Check your European Muse gig privilege m8

I think that illustrates my ultimate point as to why this bothers me, you guys see us getting screwed and as your shows approach, suddenly "SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE", which it would by default, because Europe consistently gets treated better in every way.

This isn't going to help anyone outside of Europe who were already being given without even asking, so don't act like this is some humanitarian cause. It's primarily Europeans trying to get better shit than they already have.

I mean that's easy to say considering the extreme abundance of rarities you got at the gigs you went to.

It's also easy to say because I'm not that much of a spiteful dick...? :LOL:

I don't get why anyone would wish bad setlists on other countries/cities.

I think that illustrates my ultimate point as to why this bothers me, you guys see us getting screwed and as your shows approach, suddenly "SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE", which it would by default, because Europe consistently gets treated better in every way.

This isn't going to help anyone outside of Europe who were already being given without even asking, so don't act like this is some humanitarian cause. It's primarily Europeans trying to get better shit than they already have.

Weird how you seemed totally fine with the poll/plan when you were arguing for Ashamed to be on there. Then it turned into 'pleb people voting for pleb songs' and how we should've done rarer stuff, now it's like morally wrong or some shit lmao.

Also, when did I act like this was some 'humanitarian cause'? Bloody hell, I just thought it'd be a more effective way of getting a couple of songs played that probably wouldn't otherwise :LOL:

Edited by Jobby