Thanks for the update! What did you think of Reapers?

I really liked it but it goes on for ages haha, outro is good and the vids aren't doing it a lot of justice, it's heavier IRL. Oh and Psycho is brill live.

Hmm, so it's unlikely to pop up on this tour then? :(

So he says! You know what he's like though, never take him at face value lol I saw an copy of tonight's set earlier on and Assassin wasn't actually on it...pity though because what he did play was perfect!

I really liked it but it goes on for ages haha, outro is good and the vids aren't doing it a lot of justice, it's heavier IRL. Oh and Psycho is brill live.

So he says! You know what he's like though, never take him at face value lol I saw an copy of tonight's set earlier on and Assassin wasn't actually on it...pity though because what he did play was perfect!

end-of-gig-itis with the everlasting outro I expect? Also I'm assuming they won't get much rehearsal time in this week to work on Assassin

This.

We just have to accept that the fan base here is different and they have to cater to that.

I'd rather them not cater to that, maybe the newer fans would appreciate hearing some of the more fan favorite songs. There is a reason they're fan favorites after all.

The problem I have with the Dead Star 2 comment is Dead Star doesn't have any obvious influence like this song does with about 10 different classic rock songs. It's heavy and that's about all it has in common with Dead Star.

I think it makes sense though, dead star doesn't really need a sequel and parts of this song are trying too hard (waaaaaay too much fretboard wankery) which come off as though they're deliberately chasing another dead star. But it was still amazing, so, ok.

also the classic rock influences definitely don't come over live or on the videos to me, it felt much heavier and intense when I was there, so I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that count.

EDIT

Also re: The Troubles stuff - it was Matt who had a family member shot (his uncle, I think). I think a lot of it was lost in translation because of the chatting in the crowd so all we heard was something about the Troubles in 1979 and then Uprising started. It was a little awkward but sure, no harm was meant.

+1 to this, basically I didn't seem to explain it very well on Twitter - nobody took offence, it was just like, nobody knew how - or whether - to react so it just went stony silent until the song started.

Edited by Wraffah

This.

We just have to accept that the fan base here is different and they have to cater to that.

I'd rather them not cater to that, maybe the newer fans would appreciate hearing some of the more fan favorite songs. There is a reason they're fan favorites after all.

Really they should play what they feel like playing, but if they think they'll get a better reaction from some songs over others, that's what they'll play, surely, because they're in the business of performing for paying ticket-holders.

Personally I'm a fan of pretty much every genre they span so I don't mind what they play.

It'll be interesting to see how different Glasgow is tomorrow night. If there's rotation, hopefully it's fair rotation and not like previous tours where the first night got fucked hard.

if that setlist is 'getting fucked hard' I'll lie back and think of England...

I don't post much (mostly a lurker) but I can't seem to fathom how people are criticizing Reapers. Even with shitty audio recordings, it sounds like their best song in several albums. Ridiculous guitar, beast sounding bass, falsetto that sounds incredible, drums are stronger than most Muse songs, and did I hear sirens in that outro? I hope that's actually part of the song. That shit sounded epic as all hell.

Really they should play what they feel like playing, but if they think they'll get a better reaction from some songs over others, that's what they'll play, surely, because they're in the business of performing for paying ticket-holders.

Personally I'm a fan of pretty much every genre they span so I don't mind what they play.

It would be nice if the ticket I paid for got a little more than the global substandard. But I'm also not comaining much cause I've never gotten the total short end like some places.