Funny, it reminded me of a James Bond intro but I guess to does look a bit like the Nolan Batman films.

Obviously Bond is one to consider given the song is basically a rejected Bond theme but a lot of the artwork and, to a degree, the font made me think "Dark Knight Rises" and the collapsing bat used on the promo artwork for that film.

Not sure of the relevance but didn't Matt say he met Hans Zimmer during the making of T2L and was invited to listen to the soundtrack Zimmer was doing for that film?

Best song on the album, but Panic Station's punchier, and to my mind, more accessible.

I think they missed a trick not making Panic Station the lead single rather than Madness. But that might be bias given I liked PS from 1st listen but it took me about 2 months to like Madness.

Yep! That's what it reminds me of too.

High-five :cool:

I think they missed a trick not making Panic Station the lead single rather than Madness. But that might be bias given I liked PS from 1st listen but it took me about 2 months to like Madness

But Madness is their most succesful track ever in the US charts. I think it should have been Madness > PS > FM and then maybe Supremacy, if they will release one more it should be either Animals or Big Freeze

Lyric video is fucking amazing! Very Bond meets Batman, lol. I really didn't want Supremacy to be the next single for selfish reasons: it's my fave so I don't want it to get overplayed, plus the radio edit (as usual) totally butchers it. It's not such a radio-friendly song, but then again neither was New Born and that became a single.

Panic Station was the obvious choice but that's prob why they went the opposite way and chose a heavier track. Unsustainable is probably next :p

Edit: Lol, I just read back and noticed lots of others agree about the Bond/Batman effect. Must have been intentional ;)

Archived