I think this video was auto-compiled by Pandora music service. :stunned:

The only explanation I have for going this way: may they are trying to appeal to pre-teens? Assuming Twilight fans all grew up by now?

If that were the case, they would just collaborate with Niki Minaj for real.

Has anyone, in the US at least, cared about heavy metal in the last 20 years?

The only people I know of that wear face paint are the fat kids that listen to ICP...

I am a bit wowed that Muse can make an uber corporate basketball advert with the cheesiest use of Madness possible, and it's acceptable...

... but they make a heinous video for a song that isn't releaed in the US, and the video won't be played in the US ever, either...

... and it's all the US fault. :LOL:

I'll accept the surfing part.

The Norwegian Metal kids... nope. Seriously, metal hasn't been cool since before most boardies were born.

Metal is so uncool that stuff making fun of metal is cool.

I am a bit wowed that Muse can make an uber corporate basketball advert with the cheesiest use of Madness possible, and it's acceptable...

... but they make a heinous video for a song that isn't releaed in the US, and the video won't be played in the US ever, either...

... and it's all the US fault. :LOL:

I'll accept the surfing part.

The Norwegian Metal kids... nope. Seriously, metal hasn't been cool since before most boardies were born.

Metal is so uncool that stuff making fun of metal is cool.

It's something I could understand from a 30 Seconds to Mars video... But Muse.. Aren't they supposed to be more ... class?

What a horrible video. Seriously the worst Muse music video ever. SMBH video set to Supremacy would be better.

I was so happy and completely shocked to hear they were gonna use Supremacy as their next single (best choice for a single since KOC?) and then they come out with this pile of crap video. I hope that never gets shown in the US I'll be too embarrassed for them lol.

I don't think the US plays videos anymore. :LOL:

I'm also not sure exactly what, if anything, the next single will be.

We are still on Madness, skipped Follow Me, and are sort of playing Panic Station - which ISN'T a single...

What a fucked up bunch of promotion.

Terrible Muse videos haven't been noteworthy since... Ever.

KoC seriously made me feel personally embarassed. And that DID get played in the US.

I think we just got blindsided by the quality of the song and let our guard down. :LOL:

We started to take Muse more seriously than they take themselves?

I don't think the US plays videos anymore. :LOL:

I'm also not sure exactly what, if anything, the next single will be.

We are still on Madness, skipped Follow Me, and are sort of playing Panic Station - which ISN'T a single...

What a fucked up bunch of promotion.

Terrible Muse videos haven't been noteworthy since... Ever.

KoC seriously made me feel personally embarassed. And that DID get played in the US.

I think we just got blindsided by the quality of the song and let our guard down. :LOL:

We started to take Muse more seriously than they take themselves?

Still, the KOC video fits the song thematically, to some extent.Supremacy is just a horrible video that connects to the song in no way.

And yeah, they are definitely not taking themselves seriously ,not in that way.

No? :LOL: also, Uprising and Madness have been way better than KOC as singles.

I don't mean by success I mean by actually choosing a good rock song that is text book Muse that is not chosen because its radio friendly and simple. Uprising and Madness are radio friendly and simple to a T. Supremacy and KOC....no....

Wait, I think I don't understand something here. The band playing the song, along with shots of some black metal surfers/skaters. Oh, and cherry juice. What's so weird about that? :LOL:

Oh Muse

I think you're probably right. :LOL:

We wanted a great video to go along with a song that was SO Muse.

And got a video that was... well... so Muse. :eek:

I don't mean by success I mean by actually choosing a good rock song that is text book Muse that is not chosen because its radio friendly and simple. Uprising and Madness are radio friendly and simple to a T. Supremacy and KOC....no....

There is no "textbook Muse" though.

Archived