Oh yay, a performance video! We've had so many classic, memorable videos with interesting narratives recently I thought it was about time they cobbled together some miming and live footage with After Effects into something passable and instantly forgettable.

Because it's so uncommon that the band performes in the videos that have "interesting narratives"?

Who gives a fuck bout what a music video is like at the end of the day? Knights of Cydonia is epic but I've only watched it 4/5 times so what's the deal?

Yes you're actually right. mv's are overrated. They can make a bad song a little bit better, but that's pretty much it. A good song doesn't need a mv at all. Not saying I don't want any, but I won't cry if it's a bad one like most Muse videos

Yes you're actually right. mv's are overrated. They can make a bad song a little bit better, but that's pretty much it. A good song doesn't need a mv at all. Not saying I don't want any, but I won't cry if it's a bad one like most Muse videos

It still amazes me how Muse have got only 2-3 good videos while the others are shitshitshit

You seem somewhat bitter about this turn of events.

I don't actually really care much, it was just an opportunity to be sarcastic :chuckle:

I guess you could break them down like this...

Live

In Your World

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Resistance

Follow Me

Pure Performance

Hyper Music

Feeling Good

Dead Star

SS (USA)

Hysteria (USA)

Starlight

Undisclosed Desires

Neutron Star Collision

Performance + some other 'narrative'

Uno

Muscle Museum

Unintended

PiB

New Born

Time Is Running Out

SBH

Invincible

Uprising

Madness

Narrative

Sunburn

Bliss

Hysteria

SFA

KoC

Other artist/stock footage

MK Ultra

Exogenesis

Survival

Unsustainable

Isolated System

Follow Me (alt)

They're quite diverse really. And I think the 'good' once can be drawn from quite a few of the categories. I just hope that Supremacy is a bit more than a straight up performance but I guess Warner don't want to invest much money into a video which probably won't be seen that much anyway...

I think (and hope) it will be something like NSC vid which was not that bad at all (of course I mean the Twilight-free clean version :D)

Performance+some video and lighting effects

and this one is my favourite video from the recent years (and it's a performance one)

it looks sooo delicious from the visual and artistic standpoint

in my opinion of course :)

I always looked at videos like commercials for the band's albums, in a way... I just don't see their place in the world now that they're never actually played anywhere.

Maybe this is different for other countries, but MTV hasn't played music videos in the US in at least a decade, and you have to go out of your way to find music videos.

Not that YouTube if "out of your way"... but is it as effective if I'm searching for what I want to see? Not really...

They seem like a waste of money to me, unless they're so spectacular (or terrible) they go massively viral.

Not that YouTube if "out of your way"... but is it as effective if I'm searching for what I want to see? Not really...

They seem like a waste of money to me, unless they're so spectacular (or terrible) they go massively viral.

Espacially considering how noone is going to really actively watch a mv today anyway because they're all so obsessed with their smartphones and do thousands of things at the same time.

Bloody terrible... Is that the official R1 channel? why did they get two teenagers?!

Its AmazingPhil and DanisNotOnFire

The biggest YouTube Vloggers, they now have a 2 hour slot on Radio 1 every Sunday 7-9 for the rest of the year. Anyway, they are huge Muse fans and get their listeners to make their own music videos to be played online on the show each week, and this week they made their own :)

• 2 weeks later...
Oh God what did they cut off?

If I had to guess it would be that they shortened the first guitar solo. Probably cut it in half. Just a guess though.

The very start of the intro is nearly non-existent. The first verse vocals come in straight after the riff (which sounds bloody weird lol), and the second half of it are gone (so it goes straight in to "the time has come...". The first part of the guitar solo is gone also.

The very start of the intro is nearly non-existent. The first verse vocals come in straight after the riff (which sounds bloody weird lol), and the second half of it are gone (so it goes straight in to "the time has come...". The first part of the guitar solo is gone also.

:pope: is it now 2 minutes long? :LOL:

Archived