Its length, its structure, its heavy (radio heavy) riff. Not necessarily un-radio-friendly, but not a hit material either.

Having said that, I haven't heard the radio-edit of it.

:erm:

The song length, the intro, the style of singing (in this time), the heavy distortion.

The ....everything

Are you two aware that I was talking about New Born? :LOL: (as you can see from my post, in which I quoted hyper_chondriac_muser)

How could I not notice how not radio-friendly Supremacy is? :LOL:

Are you two aware that I was talking about New Born? :LOL: (as you can see from my post, in which I quoted hyper_chondriac_muser)

How could I not notice how not radio-friendly Supremacy is? :LOL:

Yes :LOL: I think you're listening to the wrong New Born, Fabri. Not the one on TR.

And I agree, Supremacy isn't any more radio-friendly than NB.

/Fabri

Lol, no

Really, how is New Born Radio friendly?

In fact Supremacy is a more radio friendly, because it's shorter (and it's a song you would expect from Muse)

How is it not? What's so special about New Born? Its radio edit is 4:30, not too long for radio play. Maybe just the intro, but the rest is normal :erm:

wat

Its length, its structure, its heavy (radio heavy) riff. Not necessarily un-radio-friendly, but not a hit material either.

Having said that, I haven't heard the radio-edit of it.

Everything Tim said. It's totally not radio friendly. When has any six-minute song been right for the radio? It had to be cut by a minute and a half because the composition simply doesn't work for casual radio listening. It's like saying Citizen Erased is radio friendly!

Not just length, though: it's too obscure. It goes from soft to aggressive in a sharp transition - it's too angsty and atmospheric for radio listening, imo. It has a piano intro with classical overtones that jump straight into heavy rock.

That's how I drew a parallel to Supremacy: it's also atmospheric/dark and the composition's not for radio listening: it's symphonic for one thing!

Anyways, we'll go back and forth, I'm sure, but that's my take.

@Dominic_Howard

Had to try and break the ice at the video shoot meeting today!

BBB6wtRCUAAXC7d.jpg

Looks like Matt and Chris in the background. Supremacy vid surely? :awesome:

the first thing that stands out for me in this pic is that Dom's clearly got a haircut

and a short haircut, which is much more unexpected :eek:

@Dominic_Howard

Had to try and break the ice at the video shoot meeting today!

BBB6wtRCUAAXC7d.jpg

Looks like Matt and Chris in the background. Supremacy vid surely? :awesome:

SO DAMN CUTE :love:

Does the need to break the ice mean things aren't progressing very well :chuckle: Sophie lopez tweeted saying the shoot was over so I presume they've got it all sorted now

Oh yay, a performance video! We've had so many classic, memorable videos with interesting narratives recently I thought it was about time they cobbled together some miming and live footage with After Effects into something passable and instantly forgettable.

At least the Animals one will be decent, even if they had to outsource it to the fanbase.

Oh yay, a performance video! We've had so many classic, memorable videos with interesting narratives recently I thought it was about time they cobbled together some miming and live footage with After Effects into something passable and instantly forgettable.

At least the Animals one will be decent, even if they had to outsource it to the fanbase.

You seem somewhat bitter about this turn of events.

Archived