Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

This song is amazing.

My only thought to improve it would be to have some kind of piano based bridge/solo aka Ruled By Secrecy style instead of that vocal section where it changes slightly, but apart from that, it's excellent, vocals are superb and the arpeggios are so well written.

My thoughts :LOL:

I think it sounds Christmassey at the beginning too! I absolutely love this song - as others have said it's beautiful. The end "shhh, go to sleep" actually makes me want to cry :stunned: Maybe it's my maternal instinct.

EDIT: wrong bit of the quote came up, duh!

I think this song might be partly inspired by Matt's own experience. Working in the music industry must be full of rules and obligations you have fulfill which particularly isn't easy if you're a free spirit with interesting and chaotic ideas. I think that gives the feeling of needing a calm place to escape to. Despite the political ideas and ideas about energy resources and space, that is what the song ultimately seems to be saying to me. It's something I can relate to. The need to escape to somewhere quiet and simple at times.

I think this song might be partly inspired by Matt's own experience. Working in the music industry must be full of rules and obligations you have fulfill which particularly isn't easy if you're a free spirit with interesting and chaotic ideas. I think that gives the feeling of needing a calm place to escape to. Despite the political ideas and ideas about energy resources and space, that is what the song ultimately seems to be saying to me. It's something I can relate to. The need to escape to somewhere quiet and simple at times.

That's a rather interesting interpretation of it. Hadn't thought of that.

I also took it on a personal level and ignored the parts about energy and whatnot. Basically about not wanting to be here anymore and it was a mistake getting into this mess

"Free me from this world, I don't belong here, it was a mistake imprisoning my soul".

Sad lyrics but then it picks up and it has a little hopefulness ("don't give in").

Had this song on repeat for a day or two when I first got the album. Love it.

The end always gets me and brings me to tears :supersad:

I've kind of always had my own interpretation of songs and I like them more when they have some kind of meaning TO ME :)

Basically about not wanting to be here anymore and it was a mistake getting into this mess

"Free me from this world, I don't belong here, it was a mistake imprisoning my soul".

"I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here".

That would be a great poll - the biggest WTF moment in T2L :LOL:

The first upremacy falsetto, the big "Yeah, I'm gonna wiiiiiin" in Survival, "Go to sleep", the "fuck" in Panic Station, Panic Station in general, Unsustainable's jerky-as-fuck transition to Isolated System...

Yeah, there are a lot of WTF moments on this album when you listen to it for the first time :LOL:

Archived