Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

I also took it on a personal level and ignored the parts about energy and whatnot. Basically about not wanting to be here anymore and it was a mistake getting into this mess

"Free me from this world, I don't belong here, it was a mistake imprisoning my soul".

Sad lyrics but then it picks up and it has a little hopefulness ("don't give in").

Had this song on repeat for a day or two when I first got the album. Love it.

The end always gets me and brings me to tears :supersad:

I've kind of always had my own interpretation of songs and I like them more when they have some kind of meaning TO ME :)

This is similar to my first interpretation and quite an upsetting one.:( I think the idea of feeling alien in your own world, can relate to social rules as well as political ones. There may be some of that in there intentionally. It certainly fits the emotion of the song more closely than escaping to space, or land ownership. I think it may have been conceived in that way deliberately.

The political rules side is more applicable I think to the human race in general. Well the affects of any kind of restricting political system, but most particularly neoliberalism at present. How it affects all of us in our everyday lives. I'm not sure it is something to weep about, more annoying. The idea of the planet no longer being able to support life because of the mess we have made of it is definitely something to weep about, however.

"fuse helium-3 our last hope" is the biggest WTF moment on this album. try placing THAT in the lullaby-theme Fabri:LOL:

anyways, I still love it.

It is indeed, but of course it does fit with the general theme, it just sounds a bit odd, because it's a concrete statement in an abstract song and is an unusual thing to sing about.

A lullaby with political theme :phu:

2deep4u guys

Indeed. It's something I really like about this song, apart from the melody itself, and the emotional pull of it. I like the multiple themes/interpretations.

Matt did say the album was weird. But it's weird in a good way.

Three on the album (Supremacy, Save Me and Explorers) that I've noticed, not three on Explorers, I worded it badly.

It sounds like he finished a take on 'We don't,' then started another take on 'belong here,' but the two got smushed together so it jumps unnaturally.

Really? It's not as obvious as the other two, but it's definitely there.

I think you're trying too hard to find faults. There's nothing unnatural about it. Smushed together maybe, but not like it's an editing fault. More like Matt just kinda smushed the words together.

I think you're trying too hard to find faults. There's nothing unnatural about it. Smushed together maybe, but not like it's an editing fault. More like Matt just kinda smushed the words together.

I wasn't trying, I just heard it today randomly while I was learning it on piano (one of the easiest songs they've ever done btw) and it definitely sounds like an editing fault to me. I'd normally defer to majority rule on something like this but I'm pretty much certain I'm right :LOL:

Archived