Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

I wasn't trying, I just heard it today randomly while I was learning it on piano (one of the easiest songs they've ever done btw) and it definitely sounds like an editing fault to me. I'd normally defer to majority rule on something like this but I'm pretty much certain I'm right :LOL:

So what if it's easy to play? It's a damn effective piece of piano music.

I wasn't trying, I just heard it today randomly while I was learning it on piano (one of the easiest songs they've ever done btw) and it definitely sounds like an editing fault to me. I'd normally defer to majority rule on something like this but I'm pretty much certain I'm right :LOL:

Easier than New Born, Sunburn or Feeling Good?

I'm not a piano player, but doesn't Redemption sound relatively simple to play too? As well as these ones.

I managed to work out a fair bit of it back before I even started getting piano lessons so it must be fairly easy (I'm not much of a piano player yet) :LOL: I was just counting songs I can play all the way through though, I'm not too good with chords just yet so I might find Explorers a bit more difficult. That said, I can play most of Space Dementia without much trouble so I guess I'm just quite an odd learner/player.

I managed to work out a fair bit of it back before I even started getting piano lessons so it must be fairly easy (I'm not much of a piano player yet) :LOL: I was just counting songs I can play all the way through though, I'm not too good with chords just yet so I might find Explorers a bit more difficult. That said, I can play most of Space Dementia without much trouble so I guess I'm just quite an odd learner/player.

Jesus, I thought SD would have been like one of the hardest Muse songs to play on piano. :p

I think Cross Pollination and Ruled By Secrecy are supposed to be pretty difficult, but idk.

Easier than New Born, Sunburn or Feeling Good?

"One of" the easiest ;)

Also I'd say it's easier than Sunburn, and Feeling Good isn't their song anyway.

Redemption is also very easy, but the rest are fairly tricky.

Oh, and some shameless self promotion: me playing RbS 4 months after I started teaching myself the piano/keyboard. [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJFCCQuISo&list=UU8RGnreUYPI4ZDek_3mtQGg&index=1&feature=plcp[/YT]

(I can play it a lot better now)

all muse songs are pretty easy on piano. also, don't go thinking that all the improv wankery Matt does on the piano is that hard either. you just have to know the chords, have some creativity, and bam, you can easily play an epic ending to space dementia.

edit: okay, except perhaps for piano thing.

Not as hard as it sounds/looks apparently. A lot like the New Born live solo.

The hardest part of the (highly variable, almost random) New Born solo is the double speed tremolo, so basically when he plays the album version, but at double speed. That's pretty hard. The other parts are rather easy as far as guitar playing goes.

Only 1 thing that bothers me about this song. One of the lyrics needs to be changed to sound much better, " A world lush and blue, with rivers running wild "

should be

" A world lush and blue, with rivers running THROUGH "

Sounds alot better and when i listen to it thats all i can think about

OK I love this album but the lyrics for the most part of it are definitely the band's worst ever. And really effortless!

/every Muse album

Although I think we give Muse shit for bad lyrics when in reality they are just really average compared to other things. Sure they have so epically shit lines but so do other bands.

/every Muse album

Although I think we give Muse shit for bad lyrics when in reality they are just really average compared to other things. Sure they have so epically shit lines but so do other bands.

Not every Muse album, come on. Matt's no songwriting genius, but when I think of songs like Megalomania, Hoodoo and Fury I kind of realise he used to put more effort/care a bit more about the lyrics than he does now. Today all he comes up with, in general terms, are lines with repetitive and obvious phrases he's used before and silly laughable rhymes that are pretty dispensable in my opinion.

Not every Muse album, come on. Matt's no songwriting genius, but when I think of songs like Megalomania, Hoodoo and Fury I kind of realise he used to put more effort/care a bit more about the lyrics than he does now. Today all he comes up with, in general terms, are lines with repetitive and obvious phrases he's used before and silly laughable rhymes that are pretty dispensable in my opinion.

Ya but there are songs on each of those albums with really lackluster/bad lyrics

Archived