Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

I post that before, but i really like Explorers, is a nice lullaby and a good album track, for that reason is not as exciting live as other piano songs.

I think is like Undisclosed Desires, which also is a good song in the album but don't work very well live.

It's one of those songs that if i have Muse on shuffle I won't skip it, but if i had to choose what song to listen to it wouldn't be in even my top 30 choices at all. Was boring as fuck live but on the album I guess I can tolerate it

• 3 months later...

Explorers is a beautiful lullaby. Its melancholic and sad, but also full of life. A gorgeous song that deserved its spot on the 2nd law tour.

Better and more emotionally impactful than invincible and shine, but more subtle. It does not break out to you at once, it opens up after a few playthroughs, and soon it is unrecognizable from the song you heard the first time.

It may blend in with the cosmic backdrop that is the 2nd law album, but when the initial awe of all the more expansive and immediately impressive songs fades away, Explorers remains, a shining star.

And when the audience at the concert does not sing along, it is not because they do not want to, it is because they are touched by it, want to just stand agape, and listen to a beautiful Muse lullaby.

----

Well, um didn't mean for that to go on like it did, but that's what I think about explorers. Just because it isn't usual Muse doesn't mean you should shun it.

Some, sure, but not all

Oh, and did I mention that on this forum, if you post something that disagrees with someone else's opinion, they LOVE to bash the shit out of you.

Nah. It's the manner in which you present an opinion. For example, stating as fact that the reason nobody sings along to explorers is because they feel a deep emotional connection.

But you can't exactly disagree with somebody you agree with for the sake of it.

You can debate the subjectivity of a stated fact without disagreeing with the message itself.

"Explorers is great" is an opinion.

"Anyone who doesn't like Explorers is prejudiced" is, ironically, prejudice.

Thus

"Stockholm Syndrome is terrible" is an opinion.

"You're a fucking idiot get out" is prejudice.

I feel another semantics debate coming on.

The reason exporerknights "opinions" get bashed is because it's usually political standpoints such as "we would be much safer if everyone had guns. Just look at Europe, in places like the UK where everyone barricades themselves indoors at night for fear of being robbed".

Now let's move on.

Nah. It's the manner in which you present an opinion. For example, stating as fact that the reason nobody sings along to explorers is because they feel a deep emotional connection.

There. You don't have to bash me for saying something. Its a thread where people express their opinions on a song, and not everyone is going to agree with you. You should go in accepting that, and be gentlemanly in your criticism.

The reason exporerknights "opinions" get bashed is because it's usually political standpoints such as "we would be much safer if everyone had guns. Just look at Europe, in places like the UK where everyone barricades themselves indoors at night for fear of being robbed".

Now let's move on.

This isn't a political thread tjet.

I'm sorry, I try to take you seriously, but then I just get reminded of the fact that you think "https://twitter.com/account" is a link to your twitter.

Well I'm not actually gonna let you go to my twitter now am I? You'll ruin that for me too.

Oh, and by the way, you're in denial. You don't try and take me seriously at all!

• 3 months later...

Archived