414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

they could be worse

You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe [x3]

You a stupid hoe, (yeah) you a, you a stupid hoe

You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (stupid, stupid)

You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (you stupid, stupid)

You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (you stupid, stupid)

(stupid, stupid)

Like this

Ya but there are songs on each of those albums with really lackluster/bad lyrics

Fair enough, but my point is he just doesn't write lyrics as good as the ones I mentioned anymore. The lyrics today (The Resistance/The 2nd Law) are either acceptable or terrible.

The only seriously bad lyrics in this album are Explorers, Survival, imo.

Fillip, Sober, Overdue, Cave, Plug In Baby, TiRO, Hysteria, B&H, Starlight, Exo-Politics, Uprising, IBTY are all on the same level.

Panic Station and Animals have really good lyrics, I think. (and both Chris' songs too, but we're talking about Matt)

The only seriously bad lyrics in this album are Explorers, Survival, imo.

Fillip, Sober, Overdue, Cave, Plug In Baby, TiRO, Hysteria, B&H, Starlight, Exo-Politics, Uprising, IBTY are all on the same level.

Panic Station and Animals have really good lyrics, I think. (and both Chris' songs too, but we're talking about Matt)

Animals' lyrics seem to be getting hated on but for the theme of the song/album I think they work very well.

IBTY would have been better if he didn't use the word 'muse' in it.

Animals' lyrics seem to be getting hated on but for the theme of the song/album I think they work very well.

I haven't really seen Animals lyrics getting hated. Sparking controversy for the last line, yes, but not hated on the same levels as Big Cheese, Explorers, and Survival.

I haven't really seen Animals lyrics getting hated. Sparking controversy for the last line, yes, but not hated on the same levels as Big Cheese, Explorers, and Survival.

I could be mistaken.

Supremacy could have been much better without brainwashing line. Or atleast changing "to be mean". I don't particularly find Explorers bad though. Repetitive, yes. Bad, no.

"And she attacks me like a Leo, when my heart is split like Rio."

But I know that the whole song it's not supposed to be serious, therefore I'm not bothered by its lyrics.

Serious or not that's really one of the worst things Matt's ever written.

I 100% forgot about that line.

I thought BH&R had some good lyric work.

Supremacy could have been much better without brainwashing line. Or atleast changing "to be mean". I don't particularly find Explorers bad though. Repetitive, yes. Bad, no.

I really hate that line. Supremacy's a bit more of a serious song and that line just sticks out so much. It could've been something like "to their need" or whatever.

It was meh. Original versions of Assassin and Exo-Politics would've made it so much better. OoS still ranks at the top for me lyrically.

Serious or not that's really one of the worst things Matt's ever written.

Oh yeah definitely his worst line.

I remember how he explained it on twitter: "Rio is pretty divided, 5 Star hotels and favelas close together. Leo star sign." :LOL:

Yeah apart from Starlight and Exo-politics, overall it was good. Absolution is their best lyrically, imo.

Supremacy could have been much better without brainwashing line. Or atleast changing "to be mean".

When I sing along to it, I change it to "to be thieves". I just thought it sounded better and less embarrassing than "to be mean".

As for Explorers lyrics, I don't mind them much to be honest. The verses can be a bit weird and/or cheesy at times but I quite like the lyrics in the chorus for whatever reason.

I really hate that line. Supremacy's a bit more of a serious song and that line just sticks out so much. It could've been something like "to their need" or whatever.

When I sing along to it, I change it to "to be thieves". I just thought it sounded better and less embarrassing than "to be mean".

As for Explorers lyrics, I don't mind them much to be honest. The verses can be a bit weird and/or cheesy at times but I quite like the lyrics in the chorus for whatever reason.

The best change on that line is "brainwashing our children tuning in". It works quite well.

It was meh. Original versions of Assassin and Exo-Politics would've made it so much better. OoS still ranks at the top for me lyrically.

It had some good lyrics on it plus for 5/6 songs had a very consistent theme.

I hate Animals lyrics...that's one.

As for Supremacy, I change that one horrible line to "brainwashing our children to deceive"

The best change on that line is "brainwashing our children tuning in". It works quite well.

As for Supremacy, I change that one horrible line to "brainwashing our children to deceive"

Both good changes and much better than the original. Honestly, sometimes it's a wonder how Matt doesn't come up with better lyrics for some bits, it only takes a couple of seconds' thought :chuckle:

Why?

I expected so much more from Muse than what I actually got with T2L, and to be honest it just doesn't seem as exciting to me as some of their other high concept songs...like Assassin or City of Delusion. Personally, they feel lazy and unimaginative and if a high quality instrumental version of the song ever surfaced, that would probably replace the current version in my iTunes.

On Topic: I find Explorers incredibly corny/cheesy at the same time as well as a rip off...a sub-par rip off I should say of Invincible. Lyrically speaking, I think I'd have to give best lyrics on the album to Panic Station.

I expected so much more from Muse than what I actually got with T2L, and to be honest it just doesn't seem as exciting to me as some of their other high concept songs...like Assassin or City of Delusion. Personally, they feel lazy and unimaginative and if a high quality instrumental version of the song ever surfaced, that would probably replace the current version in my iTunes.

The instrumentals are already out.

I think the lyrics in Animal do exactly what they are intended to.

On Topic: I find Explorers incredibly corny/cheesy at the same time as well as a rip off...a sub-par rip off I should say of Invincible. Lyrically speaking, I think I'd have to give best lyrics on the album to Panic Station.

I had my share of disappointments with the album, but Animals is still one that stuck out for me. It's not my all time favorite lyric but I'd put it up there with the rest of them. I'd put it on the same level with Assassin's studio version.

Archived