Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

No I don't think it's dark.

And before you explain the lyrics to me, I don't give a damn about lyrics. I sing along to them, I don't analyse them.

Well that's why you don't get the darkness. But the lyrics don't really need analysing incidentally. It's not about analysing lyrics, the context maybe. In any case that's up to you but to me it would be something lost.

My only criticism is of the Helium 3 bit, which to me reduces the emotion of it somewhat. I can feel emotional about exclusion, about the excesses of the system, the affects it has on people and the planet, actual proposed energy solutions: not so much. :LOL:

Damn. I couldn't resist saying something about the lyrics. :p

I don't think it's dark but it's incredibly sad. It's like a twisted invincible, more like blackout. I'm going to Auschwitz on Thursday and will probably have this on repeat on the plane there

You think Auschwitz isn't dark? I wouldn't put this song on the level of Auschwitz. But I'm not sure of the distinction between sad and dark. I suppose if it's about one person's feeling of not fitting in, that's sad. Very sad in fact. It it's about the whole of humanity feeling they don't fit in, that's pretty dark. If it's about the complete destruction of the planet, well that's probably about as dark as it gets. Well maybe barring Auschwitz.

I think I get what you mean though. It feels like it is about one person and that's what makes it poignant, and sad. Much better really than a song that more generally attacks the system. And the music and the way it is delivered is sad. Yeah makes a difference typing while actually listening to it.

Anyway, this is probably the most beautiful song they've ever done. I love it!

:yesey: has beaten my previous favourites blackout, shine and invincible

You think Auschwitz isn't dark? I wouldn't put this song on the level of Auschwitz. But I'm not sure of the distinction between sad and dark. I suppose if it's about one person's feeling of not fitting in, that's sad. Very sad in fact. It it's about the whole of humanity feeling they don't fit in, that's pretty dark. If it's about the complete destruction of the planet, well that's probably about as dark as it gets. Well maybe barring Auschwitz.

I think I get what you mean though. It feels like it is about one person and that's what makes it poignant, and sad. Much better really than a song that more generally attacks the system. And the music and the way it is delivered is sad. Yeah makes a difference typing while actually listening to it.

oh yes I definitely think it is dark! I dont think it relates to that place I just feel like listening to it on the way there, idk I tend to listen to music which reflects my current mood

:yesey: has beaten my previous favourites blackout, shine and invincible

oh yes I definitely think it is dark! I dont think it relates to that place I just feel like listening to it on the way there, idk I tend to listen to music which reflects my current mood

Better than blackout?? ew.. there's some redeeming qualities like the vocals and the pacing is great (at almost 6 minutes it never feels long). But to me its too upbeat sounding (even though the lyrics and themes aren't. It sounds like, as many have said, a Disney musical. Overall I like it, its grown on me. And the second verse middle bit of the song is pure signature muse with an upbeat tone.

I think this is the song that's grown on me the most. It didn't make a huge impression the first time I listened to the album, but it's surprised me with its beauty since then. A lovely melody, and I like the way the vocals get stronger as the song progresses.

I do think it'll fall a bit flat live, though. :(

And I don't like the 'go to sleep' bit at the end! I think I'll always skip that.

See I like Feeling Good. Btw, yes...the song has finally grown on me.

I actually like it too. But TR tour left me some scars... the gigs I attended was the FG setlist instead of RbS or Cave. That is why i hate it now :p

And yes, explorers is awesome :ninja:

Better than blackout?? ew.. there's some redeeming qualities like the vocals and the pacing is great (at almost 6 minutes it never feels long). But to me its too upbeat sounding (even though the lyrics and themes aren't. It sounds like, as many have said, a Disney musical. Overall I like it, its grown on me. And the second verse middle bit of the song is pure signature muse with an upbeat tone.

Better at the moment, once the novelty has worn off that might change

There's a lot of talk about how it sounds like other songs and I agree. I always thought that Invincible was a bit like Keane.. and Explorers sounds a lot like Invincible.

I'm kind of surprised that this is ok with everyone.. if taking parts of others songs and merging them all into one counts as song writing then back up - I'm about to release The 3rd Law. Track one will be Billie Jean merged into killer queen, with a Bowie beat.

Seriously though, it pisses me off and I can't listen to songs that take so much from other songs. Just my opinion obviously :)

Archived