Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

I really liked this song on first listen, though I was kind of waiting for it to get really epic at the end and it never really did. It kind of sounds like some of the mid-tempo Muse songs like "Invincible", "Guiding Light" and "Soaked", though, so it doesn't get too many points for sounding original.

The song's grown on me a lot even on a second listen. It has a beautiful melody and chords and now that I know what to expect, the fact that it doesn't "bloom" into something more epic doesn't hurt the song at all. On second listen, it has less in common with "Guiding Light" and "Soaked" and there's something quite earnest about it that's nice. It has tinges of cheesiness here and there, but it doesn't bother me like it does on something like "Neutron Star Collision".

everytime I hear the song I think of some kind of steampunk-utopia, especially at the "hear the engines roar" part:LOL:.

it has such a great atmosphere, now it's my one-on-one favorite with Supremacy.

aaaalthough the "fuse helium-3 our last hope" line was a kinda wtf moment..:LOL: when I saw someone saying that it's the actual lyrics I thought he was joking:D

Archived