It'll be down to the Warner this, 100%.

Beyonce's management refused to show her set at T in the Park, likewise Pulp's at the Isle of Wight & Eminem's at V last week.

It happens all the time, its usually down to cash, future DVD releases etc, sometimes its so the songs can not be ripped around YouTube etc. It's hard to explain but I'm certain this is Muse management/Warner's doing this.

I was at Leeds and my god is was awesome! I was debating going to Reading today to see it again, but decided to save money and watch it on TV. I'm as disappointed as anyone but it wont take away my amazing memories of Leeds. The performance was spot on, the production was excellent, they promised OoS and we got OoS.

As a band I can't fault Muse, I really don't think this was Matt's call or what not, the bottom line of it for me is, I really think Warner are killing Muse and the legalities of the contract Muse will be in means they can't do anything about it. It's only going to get worse people :(

Did anybody else get excited and think, "by golly, this is a rather epic intro to Citizen Erased"

Only to feel like this when the bloody Uprising bassline kicks in.

patrick_stewart_as_captain_picard.jpg

Yep. Big time. Thought they were doing something new, then the little graphic comes up and says Uprising. Fun.

I heard the sirens and instantly started yelling at my computer.

Like, I was already completely pissed that they skipped 2 of my favorite Origin songs (Space Dementia and Hyper Music), but then to see them skip the rest of the album? I was in disbelief.

This, I knew the sirens and all that from Uprising at Wembley. This to the rest of the post too.

I wanted a proshot of Chris singing the Hyper Music chorus, dammit.

Glad you had fun. We've been having beef like no other in here.

Thanks. Don't know where these comments came from about Matt looking bored...he certainly didn't look it from where I was standing. Infact they all seemed on good form, with Dom smiling away from behind his damaged drum-kit. I'm on a high from hearing all of OoS...bad news about the BBC.

I heard the sirens and instantly started yelling at my computer.

Like, I was already completely pissed that they skipped 2 of my favorite Origin songs (Space Dementia and Hyper Music), but then to see them skip the rest of the album? I was in disbelief.

I was a bit :erm: when Plug In Baby started. Then I heard the sirens and was like "No.... fuck no.... they wouldn't". Then my mom was in my room so I couldn't express the screaming rage that went through my head.

What a waste of time. BBC had over 2 hrs set aside for Muse Gig, but Muse decide to let them show the same old shit I've seen at the last 2 live muse gigs I've been to and not the OOS 10 year anniversary live set that this was meant to be about. Come on Muse, this is poor. Haven't played it for a while? Crap excuse. You better not release this as a DVD. Almost as bad as Eminem refusing to show ANY of his gig from V fest. Waste of time. Hullabaloo was your best tour. Apologies guys, but your losing it, that was some lame guitar smashing from you Matt.....

What a waste of time. Title speaks for itself. BBC had over 2 hrs set aside for Muse Gig, but Muse decide to let them show the same old shit I've seen at the last 2 live muse gigs I've been to and not the OOS 10 year anniversary live set that this was meant to be about. Come on Muse, this is poor. Haven't played it for a while? Crap excuse. You better not release this as a DVD. Almost as bad as Eminem refusing to show ANY of his gig from V fest. Waste of time. Hullabaloo was your best tour. Apologies guys, but your losing it, that was some lame guitar smashing from you Matt.....

If that's the case why wouldn't they show CE, they play it often and do amazing. Its also possible that they want to realize it as a DVD, which would be cool, and that's not very smart if u let the concert out on youtube. Doesn't give much incentive to buy it, i mean i would but I'm addicted to them.

Now in an argument with some buttfuck on Twitter spouting utter shit. If you don't like my complaining then just unfollow, dumb twat :LOL:

I just had a look at your twitter, she seems like an idiot. I really wouldn't bother if I were you.

@WillDunn_ Its one TV channel who wont be able to afford to broadcast all 11 songs. You should be thankful they decided to do the show.

:LOL: Ok. I can tell she doesn't pay the licence fee or have any idea how television scheduling or outside broadcasting works.

It'll be down to the Warner this, 100%.

Beyonce's management refused to show her set at T in the Park, likewise Pulp's at the Isle of Wight & Eminem's at V last week.

It happens all the time, its usually down to cash, future DVD releases etc, sometimes its so the songs can not be ripped around YouTube etc. It's hard to explain but I'm certain this is Muse management/Warner's doing this.

I at least hope they release a DVD. Even if it is greedy practicing it's better than nothing. They played all festivals in the US this summer (save Indy) and none of those were broadcasted.

If this is true I wonder why Matt chose to continue with Warner. I was hoping they'd get a little more freedom when their old contract ended.

There's something iffy with all this. Why did they only use the 15 flamethrowers during Megalomania, if there was a long-standing intention on Muse's part to not allow footage to be broadcast? The optimist in me wants to believe that the pyro/fireworks/explosions are planned out solely with the live audience in mind, but in reality you'd think they'd try and show as much of the fancy stuff off on TV as possible as it can only help to shift tickets for the next tour. Setting the stage alight during Undisclosed Desires Stockholm or something as well would have made for some seriously bad-ass TV.

Also, if they intended to cut most of OoS, why has the coverage referred to the flamethrowers on at least two occasions (firstly in the interview in the earlier embedded YouTube video, and just before the BBC3 coverage started)?

I just had a look at your twitter, she seems like an idiot. I really wouldn't bother if I were you.

:LOL: Ok. I can tell she doesn't pay the licence fee or have any idea how television scheduling or outside broadcasting works.

Yeah. Just gonna block her, she's ridiculous.

There's something iffy with all this. Why did they only use the 15 flamethrowers during Megalomania, if there was a long-standing intention on Muse's part to not allow footage to be broadcast? The optimist in me wants to believe that the pyro/fireworks/explosions are planned out solely with the live audience in mind, but in reality you'd think they'd try and show as much of the fancy stuff off on TV as possible as it can only help to shift tickets for the next tour. Setting the stage alight during
<s>Undisclosed Desires</s>

Stockholm or something as well would have made for some seriously bad-ass TV.

Also, if they intended to cut most of OoS, why has the coverage referred to the flamethrowers on at least two occasions (firstly in the interview in the earlier embedded YouTube video, and just before the BBC3 coverage started)?

The flame throwers were used in SS at Reading tonight, used even more so than during Megalomania at Leeds.

Well there were flamethrowers in Stockholm

The flame throwers were used in SS at Reading tonight' date=' used even more so than during Megalomania at Leeds.[/quote']

SS didn't have them at Leeds. This makes me sad.

Either that, or, you know, I am really quite unobservant during live gigs (though the heat coming from them at Leeds was noticeable even from near the secondary barrier during Megalomania)

Archived