Just got back from tonight, via a few pints. Tonight was far far better than the Emirates sound and atmosphere wise I thought, maybe it might of been my positioning in London, I don't know but both were still brilliant gigs!
Plus points from both shows:
- The stage set up is excellent, far better than the Resistance stadium stage.
- The band seem to be enjoying it.
- The main set is a pretty excellent mix.
- Map, B&H, Bliss, Dead Star, Sunburn, Unintended and Blackout. Pretty good mix of rarer song there.
- The crowd interaction is very very good.
- Guiding Light
- They should swap Uprising/Starlight with PiB/Survival. The last 2 songs felt like an anti climax a little bit. Either that or drop Guiding Light, put Starlight in it's slot and finish on Take a Bow.
- One more rarity slot would be nice.
- David Cameron on the visuals!
On the whole though, the tour as a tour is miles better than the Resistance one. I must admit I enjoyed Wembley more but that was more down to the setlist than anything. This as a complete gig package is far better. A few minor tweaks and it would be perfect.
Roll on the 20th anniversary gig next year hopefully!