I'm getting terrible Wembley Day 1 memories in this thread. Seeing one giant disappointment cause so much beef. Everyone starts raging and suddenly every fault Muse has is picked out and obsessed over.

Hey, a hurricane has been shitting on me all weekend. I have nothing better to do cooped up in here. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9g2YbanEkE

This one video > everything they've done in the last 5 years tbh

Compare that to the 3 OoS songs we got. It doesn't make for good comparison. Matt looks unrecognisable. From a young bundle of nervous energy and charisma throwing himself around the stage with glee, to a middle aged man pottering about with a permanently bored expression on his face looking as though he wished he wasn't there.

I'm truly gutted I didn't get to see OoS played live again. But from those 3 tracks, I'm unconvinced it would have been mind blowing anyway. It definitely sounded good, but was unaccountably boring to watch. Best thing about the tiny bit of the performance we got to see was the set.

There was nothing lacking about the performance peeps. It just wasn't broadcast. Let's not go off on irrelevant tangents. I do agree though that it seems really obscure that the band would have asked BBC not to play the set. That seems insecure, yet the band's performances have been anything but insecure. In fact they're breaking new ground. There's something else at play here

Im still pretty sure that the BBC just said that as a quick retaliation to all the sudden complaints they received. But then again a few months ago in a pre R/L interview matt did mention about how nervy he was of playing these highly unpracticed songs infront of a audience again. So no idea what to believe really, hopefully Chris can give us an answer tommorow.

Compare that to the 3 OoS songs we got. It doesn't make for good comparison. Matt looks unrecognisable. From a young bundle of nervous energy and charisma throwing himself around the stage with glee, to a middle aged man pottering about with a permanently bored expression on his face looking as though he wished he wasn't there.

I'm truly gutted I didn't get to see OoS played live again. But from those 3 tracks, I'm unconvinced it would have been mind blowing anyway. It definitely sounded good, but was unaccountably boring to watch. Best thing about the tiny bit of the performance we got to see was the set.

:supersad: Mark, hold me.

Have to say, as pissed off as I am that so many of us didn't get to see it, I'm really happy that some did :happy:

And whoever said about Matt looking bored tonight and comparing him to the earlier days; the guys changed! I thought he looked like he was really enjoying himself, you can't expect him to be the pale, thin, madman he was then :p Sure he's different, but he's still got all of that charisma and creativity that he had back then, just in different ways.

What would really suck is if nobody decided to film any of the songs thinking the entire Origin set would be getting pro-shots anyway.

At leeds there was virtually nobody around filming with cameras until the moment Uprising intro began. Hopefully Reading had a few more filmers.

What a waste of time. Title speaks for itself. BBC had over 2 hrs set aside for Muse Gig, but Muse decide to let them show the same old shit I've seen at the last 2 live muse gigs I've been to and not the OOS 10 year anniversary live set that this was meant to be about. Come on Muse, this is poor. Haven't played it for a while? Crap excuse. You better not release this as a DVD. Almost as bad as Eminem refusing to show ANY of his gig from V fest. Waste of time. Hullabaloo was your best tour. Apologies guys, but your losing it, that was some lame guitar smashing from you Matt.....

What would really suck is if nobody decided to film any of the songs thinking the entire Origin set would be getting pro-shots anyway.

I remember a poll on MuseBootlegs talking about an R&L fan proshot project. So hopefully some people filmed for that purpose. If there's no DVD released we'll need it more than ever.

Either Muse are saving the footage for some sort of release, or BBC just wanted to play it safe and just go with the hits. Either way, it felt like a kick in the bollocks. We even got e-mails from the muse thing advertising the broadcast. :LOL:

Definitely some trolling going on here.

trollface.jpg

Did anybody else get excited and think, "by golly, this is a rather epic intro to Citizen Erased"

Only to feel like this when the bloody Uprising bassline kicks in.

patrick_stewart_as_captain_picard.jpg

I heard the sirens and instantly started yelling at my computer.

Like, I was already completely pissed that they skipped 2 of my favorite Origin songs (Space Dementia and Hyper Music), but then to see them skip the rest of the album? I was in disbelief.

Archived