I don't know, but I think there are some very suspect gaps in the current N.A. schedule.

so, what I think might happen:

1) a couple of US TV appearances at the very end of november (right after Thanksgiving, which is Nov 26....Matt will prolly want to spend said holyday with his son in L.A.)

2) a US TV appearance between Vegas and Vancouver, or a West Coast Xmas radio festival

3) (maybe) a couple more of US shows in the US, right before Chicago

4) a second Brooklyn show on jan 28

4) further N.A. shows in the first 10 days of February

if the majority of the shows will sell well, I think they'll be back in N.A. in the summer

(of course, Australia + maybe a return to Japan will end the tour in fall 2016)

(and they are strongly rumoured to headline Glasto 2016)

Tickets are not selling well. However, that never seems to deter them. I foresee them doing an amphitheater NA tour in the later summer/early fall, maybe co-headlining with another band to sell tickets. That way they can play shorter setlists!!

I don't know, but I think there are some very suspect gaps in the current N.A. schedule.

so, what I think might happen:

1) a couple of US TV appearances at the very end of november (right after Thanksgiving, which is Nov 26....Matt will prolly want to spend said holyday with his son in L.A.)

2) a US TV appearance between Vegas and Vancouver, or a West Coast Xmas radio festival

3) (maybe) a couple more of US shows in the US, right before Chicago

4) a second Brooklyn show on jan 28

4) further N.A. shows in the first 10 days of February

if the majority of the shows will sell well, I think they'll be back in N.A. in the summer

(of course, Australia + maybe a return to Japan will end the tour in fall 2016)

(and they are strongly rumoured to headline Glasto 2016)

The gap is definitely there for a pair of Brooklyn gigs, but the first one hasn't sold enough.

Surprised no Denver or Salt Lake City gigs around the time between Vegas and Vancouver. If anything's added, I'd half imagine them (even despite the insane lack of time between sale and gig), and maybe Atlanta/Nashville after the Washington DC gig that currently ends the US tour.

But I dunno. Who knows with Muse. :chuckle:

Surprised no Denver or Salt Lake City gigs around the time between Vegas and Vancouver. If anything's added, I'd half imagine them (even despite the insane lack of time between sale and gig), and maybe Atlanta/Nashville after the Washington DC gig that currently ends the US tour.

But I dunno. Who knows with Muse. :chuckle:

in september 2013 they went this route:

Charlotte > Duluth > Nashville > Pittsburgh > Philadelphia > Washington, D.C. > Rio de Janeiro > Denver > Salt Lake City > Las Vegas

so, anything is possible...

in september 2013 they went this route:

Charlotte > Duluth > Nashville > Pittsburgh > Philadelphia > Washington, D.C. > Rio de Janeiro > Denver > Salt Lake City > Las Vegas

so, anything is possible...

Yeah that's also weird.

Almost as weird as U2 going Anaheim > Baltimore > Glastonbury > East Lansing > Miami in 2011.

They aren't doing any stretches of shows 3-days in a row on this tour, so I don't think Milwaukee (or anything) on Jan 12 is likely. Chicago's probably going to be the first one back from holiday break.

I guess I'll be pre-ordering Chicago tix on Wednesday then (assuming I have the funds), luckily I'm actually on break while they're coming so I'm not missing any classes or anything like that :stunned:

Well I knew they wouldn't make it to FL as they sold terribly on the last tour so now I don't know what to do. I can only go to weekend shows which eliminates most options. I can't make the Newark show which would be the easiest one for me. So now I am deciding between Phoenix and LA on the 19th. LA is a little further but it is the 2nd night which often gets a better set so I am leaning that way. Any thoughts?

Well I knew they wouldn't make it to FL as they sold terribly on the last tour so now I don't know what to do. I can only go to weekend shows which eliminates most options. I can't make the Newark show which would be the easiest one for me. So now I am deciding between Phoenix and LA on the 19th. LA is a little further but it is the 2nd night which often gets a better set so I am leaning that way. Any thoughts?

Come to Paris Milano London Brussels or Amsterdam :)

Come to Paris Milano London Brussels or Amsterdam :)

Nothing like a $1000+ flight to see a band. :chuckle:

I went into this feeling 99.9% certain my city wouldn't get a gig this time, and the nearest one would be 7 hours away at best.

And yet I'm still heartbroken over the announcement that there aren't any more dates. :'(

I'm kicking myself for not getting Chicago tickets, but of course it's last minute enough that I can't get out of work for those days.

Not to mention I tied up my money with tickets to the PA show before the announcement of Chicago, and wasn't able to offload them in time.

• 3 weeks later...
UK press reporting Muse have agreed to headline Glastonbury in June.

Does at least guarantee a pro-shot.

Makes sense I guess, it's been 6 years since they last played there, same amount of time as before.

Not to be a miserable bastard but I'm not really particularly excited for it if it's true tbh. The band haven't really changed much from the last time they played, except now they wear a lot of black I guess. They haven't really put out all that great stuff between 2010 and now that could be cool to look forward to either, except maybe a couple of songs from Drones. Then again, they do seem to up their game for the Glastonbury gigs so maybe the performance would make it worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts on potential gigs next summer after the last listed show on 14 June in Helsinki?

Of course there are the never ending rumours of Glastonbury and Reading/Leeds, but I'm thinking British Summer Time in Hyde Park? Muse has never played there, but probably too unlikely due to the five shows at the O2 two and a half months before. And sure, Hyde Park isn't the optimal venue soundwise, but I went to see Blur there this summer and it was fucking amazing.

Or have I missed some interviews saying they will take a break until winter, where we can only assume the 360 tour hits Oceania?

There will most definitely be another North American leg later in the summer. Lollapalooza has been rumored for muse, and that's in early August. Then Australia/NZ at the end of the year, when it's summer down under.

In North America, they'll either;

1. Play smaller venues

2. Team up with another band of similar stature as a co-headliner

3. Continue playing arenas on their own and just deal with the 1/3 full arenas

3 seems the most likely

There will most definitely be another North American leg later in the summer. Lollapalooza has been rumored for muse, and that's in early August. Then Australia/NZ at the end of the year, when it's summer down under.

In North America, they'll either;

1. Play smaller venues

2. Team up with another band of similar stature as a co-headliner

3. Continue playing arenas on their own and just deal with the 1/3 full arenas

3 seems the most likely

What are you basing this information on? Only questioning because this has me excited because I thought they already said there was no second leg.

While I do think it's possible they'll play an American festival or two, I think there's very little chance of future NA dates until the next album.

There's absolutely no basis to believe otherwise.

Seriously, why would they go out of their way to say "no more dates" both on their website and to fans, if that wasn't true?

To fool fans into buying tickets and traveling to shows?

I want there to be more dates as much as anyone (although I sort of shudder to think how short a US festival date would be) but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

not saying I am definitely sure, but Chris has mentioned Australia would be from mid to end of 2016 in interviews. And knowing they traditionally end off their World Tours with Australia this may be a short world tour.

Regarding the Asia leg in July, I think financially for them it would be a beneficial move. The short Asian leg of 6 gigs in September this year were all sold out or nearly sold out and it was not even with the 360 stage, whereas so far in the United States sales have been mediocre despite the money put into the elaborate stage, such as Phoenix only selling 6000+ tickets according to billboard. In addition, tickets to the Asian gigs mostly cost quite much more than the tickets to the US gigs. Thus, it would be not that all surprising to me that they opt to not do a second leg for the US, considering they haven't done a formal gig in Tokyo, Taiwan and some other countries they had visited before and how the reception has honestly been quite lacklustre (so far at least)

They've never sold out Phoenix at US Airways (I don't think) but they certainly could have pulled more sales if the date wasn't announced like a month before the show. Vegas still had GA up for sale when the date moved back, but that's because Vegas' music scene thrives on tourism, and tourists just aren't going to Vegas shows on a Sunday night right before Christmas.

I'm curious to see the turnout in January.

Vegas seems to be selling a lot better now. Having some more time between date and release is probably a big help.

I'm more and more suspecting the rushed US dates were because they were falling behind getting the stage set up together, but were still desperate to use us as a testing ground so everything could go smoothly in UK/Europe.

Not that farfetched with Matt joking about using Mexico for that purpose.