If this does turn out to happen and it is the Black Holes anniversary then obviously I'm over the bloody moon (like you wouldn't believe oh golly gosh) but, dammit Muse, why another festival? Makes so much more sense to just do your own mini-gig for something like this imo. Screenager was almost ruined by chatter at R/L 2011, wouldn't want the same to happen to Hoodoo :noey: Festival gig might mean no Glorious as well, if there was any chance of that anyway.

Ah well, just about all the songs went down well enough where I was in 2011 anyway so hopefully the same would happen again. They usually don't announce the final headliner until like May/June or something, right?

What about British Summer Time? Wasn't the album released around those days?

Hm, hadn't heard of that festival before.

Dunno if there's any rumours but, looking at the current headliners, Muse might be a bit heavy for something like that. Seems like a pretty chilled out indie/soft rock + pop festival. Plus I don't think when the album was released would be much of a factor tbh, wasn't with Origin in 2011.

Muse might be a bit heavy for something like that. Seems like a pretty chilled out indie/soft rock + pop festival. Plus I don't think when the album was released would be much of a factor tbh, wasn't with Origin in 2011.

Black Sabbath played there in 2013(?) with faith no more and Soundgarden so they're definitely not too heavy...

Yeah, it might not be a factor, I just hope it will be there because it would be easier to travel to and cheaper than R/L...

Yeah, but its Hyde Park, and that venue is shite.

I'd love to see Muse open the Olympic Stadium with a huge gig, even preceding AC/DC's show there, and if it was a Black Holes anniversary gig, that'd be even better. But I don't see it. I also don't see them doing R+L... now watch me be wrong, clearly. :chuckle:

Black Sabbath played there in 2013(?) with faith no more and Soundgarden so they're definitely not too heavy...

Yeah, it might not be a factor, I just hope it will be there because it would be easier to travel to and cheaper than R/L...

Ah okay, fair enough. Like I said, I hadn't heard of it before so I was just going off the current headliners :chuckle:

The more I think about it, the more I can see R+L tbh, especially if they don't end up doing Glasto (which I'm starting to think they won't).

- They'd fit right in with the other headliners (legacy act, 'new(er) blood' + big modern rock act - Foo Fighters would fit too but Muse might just edge them because...)

- It'll be five years and two albums since they last did it (1 extra year and album than the Foos)

- Seemingly available in late August.

- Last anniversary set went down well there so maybe they'd see it as a good opportunity for BH&R.

it's just fate :supersad:well, either that or my crippling need for this gig is convincing me it must be true

Ah nice one. Not long then.

Obviously part of me really wants them to do it but at the same time (much like OoS) this sort of thing would be much better suited to a gig or two of their own. The Shepard's Bush idea was a great shout. If it actually happens though...TaB, Map, Invincible, Assassin, CoD and Hoodoo all in one gig :D

Plus they'd be forced to end on something other than Knights for a change :LOL:

Obviously part of me really wants them to do it but at the same time (much like OoS) this sort of thing would be much better suited to a gig or two of their own. The Shepard's Bush idea was a great shout. If it actually happens though...TaB, Map, Invincible, Assassin, CoD and Hoodoo all in one gig :D

They'd play the singles part of the set first and then BHAR just so they could end with Knights.

Actually if they did that, and ended the first part with Stockholm + riffs then straight into TaB... :facemelt:

Where is this BH&R rumor originating from? Like who specifically?

That fan (name removed for possible personal safety :stunned:) who's been to over 100 gigs and met them loads of times to boot, as well as a couple of other people I think. They won't name their source specifically but they keep saying it's 'someone important' and 'official'.

Yup, I think they usually start teasing who it is around a week or two before as well. So we should be able to guess if it's Muse or not.

Knights not closing would actually be one of the things I'd be most excited for :chuckle: First time I'd see that happen actually.

Edited by Jobby

But Starlight (lol) closed at Etihad?

Oh shit, yeah. Surprisingly enough, my mind seems to want to forget that :chuckle:

Some more info on the original rumour btw for anyone who wants it:

Just had another check at what's been said and it came from a member of the crew (not necessarily the most reliable source tbf, depending on who it was) who apparently mentioned something pretty specific for a Black Holes anniversary gig. That's all we know for definite right now tmk. A couple of things were also said about Glastonbury in the same comment string but it's hard to tell if the two are connected and if the 'ITK' fans actually know anything about that. That's all from what I've seen anyway.

Someone did point out though that the album's exact birthday would fall almost perfectly in line with Glastonbury (just a couple of days off). So basically, a BH&R gig definitely looks at least possible but whether or not it's destined for Glastonbury is unknown atm, by us at least.

Edited by Jobby

They could do SBE (plus another somewhere), as a Glastonbury warm up and do the anniversary that way?

If it is SBE or somewhere similarly sized I can't wait for the ticket shit storm, especially since they'll say nothing and then they'll post an update saying BHAR ANNIVERSARY GIG TICKETS ON SALE NOW GO GO GO.

Getting a ticket for the Psycho tour was the most stressful hour of my life. I don't want to have to repeat it, so for that reason I'd rather it be at a festival, or a stadium or something.

If it is SBE or somewhere similarly sized I can't wait for the ticket shit storm, especially since they'll say nothing and then they'll post an update saying BHAR ANNIVERSARY GIG TICKETS ON SALE NOW GO GO GO.

Getting a ticket for the Psycho tour was the most stressful hour of my life. I don't want to have to repeat it, so for that reason I'd rather it be at a festival, or a stadium or something.

I can sympathise with that, I nearly had a heart attack for that and I don't even wanna imagine how much worse it'd be for a BH&R gig :chuckle: Could be especially worrying if they went with the ID thing again so people would be pretty knackered in terms of buying touts/2nd hand.

Fortunately I have no life and I'm on here almost all the time so hopefully I'd be alright getting tickets, would suck for other people who just didn't happen to be online at the right time though. SBE would be a dream too, always wanted to go there.

Edited by Jobby

I only managed to get a Psycho tour ticket because I happened to log on to check the boards a couple of minutes after they went on sale, and everyone else was caught up in technical difficulties which I somehow managed to avoid. I can't see myself being so lucky a second time :chuckle: One of the reasons I'd rather they do a larger gig tbh.

Where is this speculation coming from? Because depending on who it originated with, that was a completely offhand comment about a certain festival being a bit more special than usual.

Yep, just to clarify/update a little bit on the original rumour for everyone else:

First off - It seems like the people who originally started the rumour may not have received the info from the crew member first hand, and instead just got a tip-off from whoever actually did speak to the crew. So it's unknown how trustworthy that source is (though it seems they trust whoever it is tbf) and how much these fans are filling in the blanks or putting their own spin on it.

It also seems like the crew member may actually have just heavily hinted that the band will be playing Glastonbury and that they may be doing something special there, with no specific mention of BH&R. The anniversary gig part could just be entirely guesswork from the people who started the rumour, given how close the dates are to the album's birthday.

But this whole thing is a bit unclear atm and I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable on it so I should probably just shut up from now on :chuckle: Just thought I'd try and clear things up in case people (like me) were getting their hopes up. The BH&R anniversary set could well be a thing, but it looks like the original hint was just about Glasto and the possibility of 'something special'.

If it does turn out to be Black Holes and they only do it at Glasto - blegh.