At this point, I'm expecting a 20th anniversary Absolution gig more than any of BH&R's material being dug out of that grave, except for Take a Bow and Assassin. With enough noise being made, I'm sure City of Delusion could get played but that'd require people to actually care about it (really does deserve the attention, best live song I've ever seen them do)

I don't think BH&R has the pull of Origin of Symmetry or Absolution in full.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

At this point, I'm expecting a 20th anniversary Absolution gig more than any of BH&R's material being dug out of that grave, except for Take a Bow and Assassin. With enough noise being made, I'm sure City of Delusion could get played but that'd require people to actually care about it (really does deserve the attention, best live song I've ever seen them do)

I don't think BH&R has the pull of Origin of Symmetry or Absolution in full.

Those two are the most loved by the fanbase. However for the band it was BHaR where things really took off (in the UK especially); highest charting single (#4 with Supermassive), highest charting singles in general (#4, #12, #14), first stadium gigs

Those two are the most loved by the fanbase. However for the band it was BHaR where things really took off (in the UK especially); highest charting single (#4 with Supermassive), highest charting singles in general (#4, #12, #14), first stadium gigs

Yeah, the main reason they gave for doing Origin was because it was such a big step forward in their career so they could definitely do Black Holes for the same reason. It does seem to have grown in popularity a lot among hardcore fans over the last few years as well tbf, with songs like Assassin, COD and TAB getting higher and higher demand.

I'm still not sure though tbh. There's definitely enough reason for them to, I guess it's mainly just a case of whether they want to or not.

I'd love a Absolution anniversary gig, its a album that means an awful lot to me... But would also love the same for all the others tbh, especially Showbiz.

There's no way they'll ever do a Showbiz anniversary... all the others (except OOS I guess) have at least a small chance of happening but I'd say there's basically 0 chance of Showbiz. Another OOS anniversary is actually probably more likely :LOL:

There's no way they'll ever do a Showbiz anniversary... all the others (except OOS I guess) have at least a small chance of happening but I'd say there's basically 0 chance of Showbiz. Another OOS anniversary is actually probably more likely :LOL:

They're going to do The Resistance 10th Anniversary in 2019, I'm calling it. It's the album that definitely has consacrated them worldwide and began their gradual ascent in United States.

Maybe we'll get the chance to see and listen to the Exogenesis Symphony in full, supported by a whole 50-piece orchestra.

Rather bold statement... I think there's hope.

The probably remembered a few years ago when it was on ebay again.

Matt might have facepalmed in seeing it being paid a lot (relatively speaking), because he has claimed pre-Showbiz stuff wasn't so good in his opinion ...In fact, it really wasn't the most awesome demo in history - I've heard some snippets on a YT video - but, you know, the mere nostalgia factor repays the sellers a lot...

What do you think about a ''rarities'' tour? or a absolution anniversary tour

Pretty sure the Psycho Tour was as close as we'll get to a rarity tour and the time for any kind of Absolution anniversary's well passed at this point, unless they fancy doing one in 2023.

While we've been talking about festivals...

Why wasn't Muse able to play Bestival after Matt spilled the beans on it?

I know the Bestival people said the contract fell through, but Matt said on Zane Lowe that they couldn't play because he "put his foot in it," implying they weren't permitted to play.

That seems like it only harmed the fans.

While we've been talking about festivals...

Why wasn't Muse able to play Bestival after Matt spilled the beans on it?

I know the Bestival people said the contract fell through, but Matt said on Zane Lowe that they couldn't play because he "put his foot in it," implying they weren't permitted to play.

That seems like it only harmed the fans.

It will have been because Download had Muse booked as a 'UK exclusive'.

They were billed on the Bestival lineup as special guests, so they would have been able to play because they weren't advertised.

However as soon as Matt revealed they'd be playing, Download presumably didn't want them there as it could have harmed their sales.

Lots of the major UK festivals try to get acts on exclusive deals, I think the only one that doesn't it Glastonbury.

Touche, but with the 360 shit, both Helsinki to Krakow & Krakow to St. Petersburg in that little a timeframe is pretty tricky.

Yeah but it's seems weird to have a week off when Helsinki and Moscow are relatively close, and also there definately won't be multiple dates in Moscow as the place is damn big.