I dunno, they didn't play Futurism, did they?

True, Futurism's not as much as a fan favourite though tmk. There'd probably be loads of requests for it before the gig so they might be inclined to add it in. Plus, might depend on if it's at a festival or not.

maybe since it'd be an album playback they'd ditch the damn harmonica before Knights

I actually wouldn't mind it after Hoodoo, one of the only times it'd be fitting :LOL:

I'd say I would pay anything for even a chance to see Glorious, but the banks have stopped issuing me credit cards...

I want to know what the "go to Europe" crowd does for a living. Not just for money, but that lets them take that time off.

And where they park their families. And pets.

$1800 for a flight is a real punch to the proverbial nads.

I can't even come up with enough credit for one flight. :chuckle: Thanks, American health care system.

Even if my debts were free and clear, that's not a negligible amount of money, and despite my job being absolutely terrible, it does require my being here. Even trying to go to Philly for a day and a half was a nightmare of getting someone shipped in to do my job.

I literally had to bribe someone.

I still don't have someone reliable to watch the dogs when I'm gone for more than 12 hours, and I'm sure I'd come home to find all the fish were dead.

I'm pretty glad I never had kids. :LOL:

If this does happen, it had better not be at Glastonbury. A full TV broadcast would be nice (if they even allowed it...) but it would be a slap in the face to fans who aren't able to get Glasto tickets (aka most fans). Unless they somehow dropped hints that it was gonna happen before tickets went on sale, without actually giving away that they were playing...

Of course, I don't think it'll happen at a festival. At an arena/stadium gig hopefully. Not that I think it's likely to happen at all.

I (kinda) hate to be the one to always talk about vocals but I think if Futurism was considered for R/L, they decided against it because Matt was worried about the vocals at the time. I mean he was worried enough as it was about singing Micro Cuts, and Futurism would have been the second hardest song vocally that night.

I dunno, they didn't play Futurism, did they?

Pretty sure I saw it written on a rehearsal setlist at some point. Could be wrong though - looked like a fake.

maybe since it'd be an album playback they'd ditch the damn harmonica before Knights

We can but only hope. Although, as said, it would actually be fitting between CoD/Hoodoo and Knights.

Regarding Futurism, I seem to remember one of them saying that they tried rehearsing it but that it sounded terrible so they dropped the idea. Could be totally making that up though. I remember people being disappointed because Chris(?) heavily hinted towards Dead Star on Twitter shortly before the gig as well, which obviously didn't end up happening.

Glorious or no Glorious though, it'd be BH&R in full and the official end of my fragile soul </3

If this does happen, it had better not be at Glastonbury. A full TV broadcast would be nice (if they even allowed it...) but it would be a slap in the face to fans who aren't able to get Glasto tickets (aka most fans). Unless they somehow dropped hints that it was gonna happen before tickets went on sale, without actually giving away that they were playing...

Of course, I don't think it'll happen at a festival. At an arena/stadium gig hopefully. Not that I think it's likely to happen at all.

Yeah, I really hope it isn't Glastonbury, if anything other than it just being a pain in the arse to get in to. I mean, I'd find a way but I'd just prefer something else, plus a lot of other people who would love to see it would be fucked off (even moreso than if it was a standard gig). Doubt it will be though, like I said it just makes too little sense imo.

That said, I massively doubt it'd be a stadium gig either and I'd be surprised by a full on arena gig as well tbh, unless they work it into one of the ones they're already playing. Wouldn't really make sense to use a 'Drones World Tour' gig for a BH&R anniversary though, 'specially with all the concept shit and whatnot. I reckon it'll be a theatre or festival-that-isn't-Glasto job.

Wherever it is, I hope to Christ they announce it beforehand (preferably with reasonable time) and don't spring it as a surprise. I'd be genuinely devastated if it happened and I wasn't there.

kids I'm so perhaps unwisely excited you don't know

Edited by Jobby

Regarding Futurism, I seem to remember one of them saying that they tried rehearsing it but that it sounded terrible so they dropped the idea. Could be totally making that up though. I remember people being disappointed because Chris(?) heavily hinted towards Dead Star on Twitter shortly before the gig as well, which obviously didn't end up happening.

Glorious or no Glorious though, it'd be BH&R in full and the official end of my fragile soul </3

Yeah, I really hope it isn't Glastonbury, if anything other than it just being a pain in the arse to get in to. I mean, I'd find a way but I'd just prefer something else, plus a lot of other people who would love to see it would be fucked off (even moreso than if it was a standard gig). Doubt it will be though, like I said it just makes too little sense imo.

That said, I massively doubt it'd be a stadium gig either and I'd be surprised by a full on arena gig as well tbh, unless they work it into one of the ones they're already playing. Wouldn't really make sense to use a 'Drones World Tour' gig for a BH&R anniversary though, 'specially with all the concept shit and whatnot. I reckon it'll be a theatre or festival-that-isn't-Glasto job.

Wherever it is, I hope to Christ they announce it beforehand (preferably with reasonable time) and don't spring it as a surprise. I'd be genuinely devastated if it happened and I wasn't there.

kids I'm so perhaps unwisely excited you don't know

If they were to do it I guess it would be a one-off gig in an open air venue like Knebworth or something like that? Or the Olypmic Stadium in London so we can all trash it before West Ham move in

Or they can play Nottingham and Wembley Arenas again like 2006

If they were to do it I guess it would be a one-off gig in an open air venue like Knebworth or something like that? Or the Olypmic Stadium in London so we can all trash it before West Ham move in

Or they can play Nottingham and Wembley Arenas again like 2006

Not sure about open air, seems like too big of a deal for something like this, but it worked at L/R tbf so I guess it's definitely possible. Wembley Arena would be great though.

Maybe Shepherds Bush, where it all began? I can't lie about having multiple dreams of a BH&R anniversary gig there :LOL:

Named as favourites to be the final headliner for this years Leeds/Reading festival

:eek:

R/L are making another announcement soonish though, and it's been 5 years since they last played...you don't think...? Nah, surely not two anniversary sets in a row.

Black Holes

CALLING IT

do it muse, fuck me up