Atlanta

Miami

Tampa

Nashville

Charlotte/Raleigh

Pittsburgh

Ohio (just 1 city, definitely not all 3 C's)

Louisville

Connecticut (Hartford or Uncasville)

Upstate NY (Albany, Buffalo)

Indianapolis

Milwaukee

Minneapolis

St. Louis

Kansas City

New Orleans

Oklahoma City or Tulsa

San Antonio or Austin

Albuquerque

Denver

Salt Lake City

Sacramento

Another LA Show

Another NYC Show

Possible Chicago Lollapalooza

Possible San Fran Outside Lands Festival

Edmonton

Calgary

Saskatoon

Winnipeg

Another Toronto Show

Ottawa

Not saying they'd play all of these, but there's another North American leg in there just based on the cities they didn't play so far. The problem is that Muse can't fill arenas in these cities, especially not in a 360 setup utilizing the entire arena.

I consider The Killers to be on a similar playing field to Muse, in the US anyway. They play the venues they can fill. That's why in NYC they'll play MSG, or the Staples Center in Los Angeles. But in a city like Columbus, where I live, they always play the 5,000 capacity LC Pavilion, and sell it out everytime. Whereas Muse played to 5,500 in Columbus their last time through, but in an arena that holds 18,000+.

The point is Muse are screwing themselves out of potential money by refusing to play smaller venues in smaller cities. If they are only able to draw 5,000 in Columbus, might as well do it in a venue they can sell out, and not have to pay to rent the arena, and set up the giant arena stage only to play to 5,000 people. They probably lose money on the more poorly attended arena shows.

No one disagrees with you. At all.

Muse should 100% do a mix of venues.

But they won't. And it made for a very short disappointing tour here.

There's no reason to believe they lied about more dates; they just made a really disappointing decision for the sake of their stage show and being known as one of the "last great arena bands."

We were having a discussion in the queue about future tours/stage designs.

Personally, I'm hoping they keep the 360 in the round design, keep the curtains for visuals, get rid of the massive rigging/center screen (which is the cause for the 15 hour build time), cut the huge "wings" in half and get rid of the "side stages"

They could use this design in every arena on the planet. The curtains are the most impressive aspect of this design, and the 360 design is great because of how low the stage is for those on barrier, and how many people can fit on it.

If they did this, it'd be like an extravagant version of their festivals without the screen backing them up, only on the sides. I just hope the VIP GA early entrance idea fucks right off.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

No one disagrees with you. At all.

Muse should 100% do a mix of venues.

."

Oh sorry if I seemed defensive, I didn't think anybody on here was disagreeing. The people who apparently do disagree with me are Muse and the people who plan their tours. I wonder if it's an ego thing, being hard to admit that they can't do arenas in most of the US? During the Resistance Tour, it seemed like Muse were finally going to be the band that conquered American arenas. Now it's obvious that they are not, save for a few cities.

Maybe not defensive, but saying Muse will "most definitely" do more NA gigs this round gets people's hopes up for no reason. :(

Even if they do festival gigs this summer, it will be one or two cities, and short sets.

There's only a handful of US/Canada gigs coming up, and I hope anyone who desperately wants to go and can travel is doing so, otherwise they're going to miss out.

Someone said Matt claimed he wanted to bring the big stage shows to the US, so we don't "miss out" even though it cuts into their profits, which seems like a nice sentiment... but would fans be more upset to miss the stage or the band entirely...?

Like I said, I personally believe Muse has painted themselves into a corner in the US, and are going to stick with the full blown arena tour out of pride. They know a ton of people go and see them for the promise of spectacle. They tailor their setlists for those exact people here.

I've always felt maybe they were worried to do smaller gigs and disappoint all those people who showed up still expecting something crazy... but then they did two small gigs and were proved that the crowds were actually better...

Maybe not defensive, but saying Muse will "most definitely" do more NA gigs this round gets people's hopes up for no reason. :(

Even if they do festival gigs this summer, it will be one or two cities, and short sets.

There's only a handful of US/Canada gigs coming up, and I hope anyone who desperately wants to go and can travel is doing so, otherwise they're going to miss out.

Someone said Matt claimed he wanted to bring the big stage shows to the US, so we don't "miss out" even though it cuts into their profits, which seems like a nice sentiment... but would fans be more upset to miss the stage or the band entirely...?

Like I said, I personally believe Muse has painted themselves into a corner in the US, and are going to stick with the full blown arena tour out of pride. They know a ton of people go and see them for the promise of spectacle. They tailor their setlists for those exact people here.

I've always felt maybe they were worried to do smaller gigs and disappoint all those people who showed up still expecting something crazy... but then they did two small gigs and were proved that the crowds were actually better...

I guess I shouldn't have said "Definitely". I apologize, I was stating what I believed to be a likely outcome as though it were fact. I didn't realize that they had come right out and stated that they weren't doing anymore US shows. Consider me mystified and stupefied!!!

I am an Ohioan. The closest gigs to me are Detroit and Chicago. I didn't get tickets to these shows, because I assumed that they'd do at least 1 show in Ohio at some point. I guess I can still buy tickets to either show, but unfortunately my days of traveling out of state for concerts, especially during weeknights, are over. I'm 33, have a busy career, wife and 2 young kids. 10, hell even 5 years ago, I'd have probably done the Detroit show if I had no other option. I've been to Detroit for bands I cared about less than Muse. But that's all ancient history!

I am just confused at their promotion for this album and tour, or lack thereof. This has been discussed a lot in this thread, and it doesn't need rehashed again. There are just many steps they could've taken to try to make this album more successful, and to sell more concert tickets.

What are people's thoughts on potential gigs next summer after the last listed show on 14 June in Helsinki?

Of course there are the never ending rumours of Glastonbury and Reading/Leeds, but I'm thinking British Summer Time in Hyde Park? Muse has never played there, but probably too unlikely due to the five shows at the O2 two and a half months before. And sure, Hyde Park isn't the optimal venue soundwise, but I went to see Blur there this summer and it was fucking amazing.

Or have I missed some interviews saying they will take a break until winter, where we can only assume the 360 tour hits Oceania?

Hyde Park? Ewww. Didn't have a great experience seeing The Killers there in 2011 and actively avoid going for gigs there if I can help it. I think it does look likely Muse will do Glastonbury, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think they'll do Reading/Leeds - too soon since the last time.

Pretty sure the plan was gonna be Australia and maybe Asia 360, but may just be off what I read on heres. 2nd leg in the US... I have no idea. Maybe they will and maybe they won't ehdunno.

• 4 weeks later...
Pretty solid possibility of BH&R in full, eh?

:stunned:

At the risk of sounding stupid...are there any leads for that?

or was that sarcasm

Edit: sweet holy jesus of nazareth, kids get your 'it's happening' gifs (well, don't cuz y'know potential false hope, but...I am)

Edited by Jobby

Yeah, apparently one fan's been heavily hinting (pretty much outright saying) that someone 'important' has at least suggested that it's gonna happen, enough for her to be confident on it. I'm ready to believe tbh, but that might be because I want it so badly :chuckle:

Been some beating around the bush when people asked about it being at Glastonbury as well, though I can't see that personally. Reading and Leeds was a bit of a weird choice for OOS as it is so I think Glastonbury is just too big for something like that. R/L are making another announcement soonish though, and it's been 5 years since they last played...you don't think...? Nah, surely not two anniversary sets in a row.

my heart cant take this rn :( muse say something pls