I only felt this feeling for the initial moment, but there's a fair bit of surreality when entering a room and (from my perspective being the first to walk in) having 3 of your idols standing up with smiles on their faces to greet and introduce themselves to you. I was fortunate to be the first to make the rounds through the room shaking each of the band member's hands, all who were smiling, polite, and introducing themselves by name (knowing full well that we all knew who each of them were).

Felt the exact same way for the myspace interviews. It's like you enter the room and for a split second there's an "OH SHIT THERE'S FUCKING MUSE" moment, it passes then you just start talking.

Apparently there was a room full of Warner representatives in that interview room that I didn't even know were there until after :LOL: kinda just beelined for the chair. That was a damn good writeup Kevin, did a spot on job of describing the experience.

My friend and I met the guys after the show in Milwaukee on Wednesday. It was the best thing ever. She was the girl who threw the socks up on stage for Matt. I had a pair but the camera got in the way and didn't make it to the stage. The guy who told us Matt wanted a picture of the girl who threw the socks had them in his hand though. And we mentioned them later to Dom (cause they were bright green leopard print socks) and told him that those were for him.

It was so amazing. Chris and Tom came over first. They were both so nice, and GORGEOUS! I got a hug from both of them, and Chris signed my shirt. I got a picture with Tom. It was great. Then Matt and Dom came over and when Matt saw my friend his face lit up and he went straight over to her, ducking under/pushing Dom out of the way and he was like, "You're the girl who gave me the socks! I wearing them! I'm wearing them!"

And he pulled his pant leg up to show her. She took a picture of it and was like, "Did you get them, did you get me and the socks?" When she took the picture I was talking to Dom and as soon as he realized someone was trying to take a picture of Matt he tried to photobomb it, but he was too late. I asked Dom for a hug. And he signed my t-shirt. And I asked Matt for a hug but before that he took a second to look at my hoodie. I was wearing my JET hoodie. And he sorta smirked, and smiled then looked at me and nodded. Then I asked for a hug, but I had been sick before so I really had no voice after the show. And my voice cracked. He was like, "Awwwww" and he gave me a hug and giggled for a second then sorta like rubbed my back while he hugged me.

I got a picture with Dom too, and he almost didn't sign my shirt. Cause I asked him to, and I set it on the barrier between us then I asked Tom for a picture, and my friend asked Dom. So I said I'd take a picture of them and I grabbed her camera. Before I could take their picture Tom took the camera out of my hand to take a picture of us. So I just assumed that during that time, Dom signed my shirt. So I almost walked away thinking Dom had signed it. But he grabbed it after I took a picture of him and my friend. And he had me help him stretch the section he was going to sign so it was flat. And he was like, "Its cause I'm left handed." So I excitedly told him I understood, cause I was left handed too.

Overall a pretty awesome night!

your the luckiest person ever!

My friend and I met the guys after the show in Milwaukee on Wednesday. It was the best thing ever. She was the girl who threw the socks up on stage for Matt. I had a pair but the camera got in the way and didn't make it to the stage. The guy who told us Matt wanted a picture of the girl who threw the socks had them in his hand though. And we mentioned them later to Dom (cause they were bright green leopard print socks) and told him that those were for him.

It was so amazing. Chris and Tom came over first. They were both so nice, and GORGEOUS! I got a hug from both of them, and Chris signed my shirt. I got a picture with Tom. It was great. Then Matt and Dom came over and when Matt saw my friend his face lit up and he went straight over to her, ducking under/pushing Dom out of the way and he was like, "You're the girl who gave me the socks! I wearing them! I'm wearing them!"

And he pulled his pant leg up to show her. She took a picture of it and was like, "Did you get them, did you get me and the socks?" When she took the picture I was talking to Dom and as soon as he realized someone was trying to take a picture of Matt he tried to photobomb it, but he was too late. I asked Dom for a hug. And he signed my t-shirt. And I asked Matt for a hug but before that he took a second to look at my hoodie. I was wearing my JET hoodie. And he sorta smirked, and smiled then looked at me and nodded. Then I asked for a hug, but I had been sick before so I really had no voice after the show. And my voice cracked. He was like, "Awwwww" and he gave me a hug and giggled for a second then sorta like rubbed my back while he hugged me.

I got a picture with Dom too, and he almost didn't sign my shirt. Cause I asked him to, and I set it on the barrier between us then I asked Tom for a picture, and my friend asked Dom. So I said I'd take a picture of them and I grabbed her camera. Before I could take their picture Tom took the camera out of my hand to take a picture of us. So I just assumed that during that time, Dom signed my shirt. So I almost walked away thinking Dom had signed it. But he grabbed it after I took a picture of him and my friend. And he had me help him stretch the section he was going to sign so it was flat. And he was like, "Its cause I'm left handed." So I excitedly told him I understood, cause I was left handed too.

Overall a pretty awesome night!

Awesome story! I'll remember to bring socks with me to the next gig, did they come to u after the gig? How was the actual process of after-gig-to-meeting them?

I'd just like to know, cause security tells everyone to get out as soon as the show's over.

Well, I didn't get to meet the band, but I did meet Tom. That's just as good, right? I think so.

My best friend and I attended the show in Honda Center and pretty much had an epic night. For the show we right up front on Chris' side and at the end of the performance, Dom walked over to us and threw his drumstick. After it flying and dancing over our heads, it ended up being in my hands and the 2 girls in front of me. After begging and trying to convince each other why we deserve to take the stick home a guy next to me said, "Why don't you just break it in half?" Hmm....not a bad idea! So he did the breaking of the stick and the girl in front of me was so kind and gave us the handle part of the stick. Being that my best friend is in love with Dom and is now playing drums because of him, I handed the end of the stick to her and said, "Merry Christmas!" I'd like to say that I won the The Most Awesome Best Friend In The World award for that ;)

Now, after the show we waited in my car for a bit for traffic to calm down then we decided to walk around the outside of the arena. We ended up waiting by the tour buses for a bit and security was telling us to go home blah blah blah. We waited anyway. Right after the security guards were released and told to go home by their boss I spot Tom walking into a tour bus. I pointed him out to my friend. He comes back out and I just would love to thank all the fans on Twitter for wishing Tom a happy birthday because I had no idea that it was his birthday before that day. Tom walks out of the tour bus and I yell out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!!" He smiles and walks over to us and says, "Is it obvious it's my birthday?" He was so adorable about it. We talked about what his plans were for his birthday and we talked a lot about Primus and how Chris and Dom like to jam to Tommy the Cat (awesome). Unfortunately, he had to leave because his ride was waiting for him. I wish we could have talked more about music but beggers can't be choosers! Needless to say, it was an epic night and Tom is a sweetheart and he has very soft hands.

Tom if you're reading this (I doubt it, but a girl can dream), it was Jay Lane who was drumming for them. Not Brains. :)

I love reading all these stories, even though each one basically makes me die of jealousy :LOL: But I feel like I can live vicariously through all of you or something :chuckle:

Well, I didn't get to meet the band, but I did meet Tom. That's just as good, right? I think so. :)

Awww, I loved that story! :happy: You're so lucky to have met him! He sounds like he's such a nice guy! And I bet he really appreciated the birthday wishes! :D

Never have and probably never will, especially since it will take them another 7 years to come back to anywhere near here.

I know how you feel :supersad: I keep trying to hold on to hope, but it's hard :LOL: Still though, part of me refuses to give up. I feel like if you want it badly enough, it will happen, somehow, someday. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself :LOL:) Even if it's like 10 years from now, I will keep trying until it happens :yesey::p

Closest I've gotten so far is a "conversation" with Chris via Twitter... we Tweeted back and forth to each other about 4 times each over a couple of days while he tried to track-down a gift I had given to security to give them at one of their shows... Turns out it never made it to anyone working for Muse and we think it was lost/stolen :'( I was absolutely gutted (and still am) because it was a homemade gift that took hours of time and energy to make.

But I'm grateful that Chris was so sweet about it and went out of his way for me. :happy: And I had more "contact" with a member of Muse than I ever dreamed... but I wish it was under different circumstances :noey:

Oh well... I'm still trying to be positive and convince myself that I'll meet them for real someday! Although I'm pretty sure I'd quite literally die if I ever did... :chuckle:

I know how you feel :supersad: I keep trying to hold on to hope, but it's hard :LOL: Still though, part of me refuses to give up. I feel like if you want it badly enough, it will happen, somehow, someday. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself :LOL:) Even if it's like 10 years from now, I will keep trying until it happens :yesey::p

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My best friend and I have tried to meet them alll year. I feel like this whole year has been dedicated to Muse. It makes me extremely sad that we haven't met them. We tried RREEAAALLLLYYYY hard in April at Vegas and at Coachella then at Honda Center and then alas Staples Center. We waited almost 2 hours by the tour buses only to see a black mercedes (Kate Hudson) and an SUV to speed out of the parking lot. We were so bummed. We just don't get it!! We work so hard! Emails, begging and pleading security guards, via Twitter, etc. I mean, it is an honour to have met Tom but I really want to have a conversation with the guys. I even told Tom that I just want to talk music with Dom and Chris. He responded with, "Oh, they talk music together all the time." Yeah, that's great, maybe they need someone new to talk music with!?!?!? ::sad sigh:: Anyway, we're not giving up. Even though we can't really do anything about it now, like you said....maybe 10 years from now??? Hope I see you there :)

• 1 month later...

Can't believe I can finally post an experience in this thread!!! :awesome:

I met Dom and Matt today at the ABC in Sydney where they were doing an interview with Triple J radio along with a small bunch of lovely fellow Musers - had a quick chat and got photos and autographs, they were actually taller than I was expecting! And sooo English sounding! *gushes*

Anyone wanting to meet them, just come to Australia and wait for them at the airport.

I've met them both times I tried, and lots of my friends have too.

See, this is something I never got. How do you people always know when they will be arriving where, etc?! :erm:

Wow, I'm really late posting on this tread! Haha

I met Matt, Chris, Tom, and Morgan back in March. (Sadly I didn’t get to meet Dom, but I’m hoping I can some day!)

My friend and I got to talk with them for about five minutes. They were all really, really nice, and they seemed in no hurry to leave. So we just stood in a circle and talked.

Matt did most of the talking (and he wasn’t insanely energetic, just calm and friendly). Chris didn’t really talk much, but he stood there and smiled (just like I thought he would). Tom talked a little, too.

I didn’t have anything for them to sign, but I got my picture with them.

I kept my cool the whole time we talked, fighting not to be nervous. But after they walked out the door and said "Cheers!", my friend and I went crazy (not in a fan girl way), and gave eachother a huge hug and just kept repeating "We just met Muse!", because we couldn’t believe what had just happened. Then we got to go back to the venue and experience our first Muse gig at the front of the pit. It was epic.

That will forever remain one of the most exciting days of my life.

Archived