Well, my theory is the opposite! Granted, I've not met them, though. :erm: However, they have said they usually eat and re-group after gigs, so I think it usually takes a while for them to come out, unless they have to be somewhere. I'm not sure when there's an afterparty how much time there is between the party and the gig. My thinking is to wait until the crowd clears and be the "last man standing" so to speak. Also, if you loiter around the sound area near the stage right after the gig, you have a pretty good change of meeting T. Kirk.

I agree. At least, that's is how I got in. They do take their time leaving the venues, so there's no point in rushing out. The after party I was at lasted nearly 4 hours. My vote goes to the "last man standing" plan. It worked for me, so why wouldn't it work for you?...Unless you are a boy. :chuckle:

no no no, it was because of her red hair and her lovely accent. :yesey:

Oh, I wish! :happy:

But another question...WHERE do you wait after the gig? Like..I know you have to go near the buses..but where would that be exactly? :$ /noob

It all depends on the venue. Some larger ones have the buses underground, so you have no way on getting near. Try scoping out the perimeter before they open the doors while you wait in line.

It all depends on the venue. Some larger ones have the buses underground, so you have no way on getting near. Try scoping out the perimeter before they open the doors while you wait in line.

Ah ok! But if the buses aren't underground..are they usually like behind the venue or something? I just really want to wait at the SD gig...I know there is not much of a chance but it's worth a shot.

I've done the last man standing thing with some varying success with different bands. Sometimes you get nothing, maybe a wave from the bus. Sometimes people come out and sign things/take pics from behind a fence. Sometimes they come out onto your side of the fence and hang out. And sometimes you get invited to party on a tour bus until the wee morning hours! :LOL: In the last scenario, it happened twice and I felt bad after the fact because venue security/staff has to wait there until all the vehicles leave. Didn't know this at the time :$. I don't play the waiting game too much anymore, but maybe I'll give it a go this fall. We'll see.

Ah ok! But if the buses aren't underground..are they usually like behind the venue or something? I just really want to wait at the SD gig...I know there is not much of a chance but it's worth a shot.

Correct. They shouldn't be too hard to find. :p

hmm.. what about before the gig? I wonder when they arrive

I think it all depends. At the concert I went to, people ran into them at a guitar shop literally one minute walking distance from the venue at like 2 pm the day of the concert. So, they could be roaming around the streets with out you realizing. The way we could tell what store they were in was that someone recognized one of their photographers.

I am planning to wait outside when they're in Stockholm. Buy a poster, bring a pen and ask them to sign.. Do you think they'll do it? :$

I believe it is all luck. If they KNOW you are waiting and you aren't out of their way, I'd think they would sign it....eventually. Hah.

I met Matt and Dom last December in Seattle after the Deck the Hall Ball. I had flown out from PA for the show and was staying at the same hotel as they were. I went by myself, and afterwards, I didn't want to hang out in my room alone and be bored, so I went to the bar for a drink. About ten minutes later, I saw Dom sitting directly across from me. One of my best friends is the publisher of Alternative Press magazine, and he told me that if perchance I met them to make sure to say hello to them from him, so I went over to say hello to Dom and tell him my friend said hi. All of a sudden another voice chirped up from the corner, it was Matt. I hadn't even seen him sitting there. We talked for quite a while, I think because it was a relaxed atmosphere and I didn't ask them for a photo or an autograph or anything [i am not into that stuff at all - if you treat musicians just like you'd treat anybody else you just met, they'll be far more relaxed around you]. Dom was very quiet but very nice and apologized for not being more talkative, he said it was because he was knackered from ending the show with "Knights of Cydonia" but I think it was actually because between Matt and I he couldn't get a word in edgewise [we're both quite fast talkers, tend to talk a LOT, and make a lot of gestures when we talk - at one point Dom looked like he was scared that one of us was going to knock his drink over with our handwaving and overenthusiasm]. Matt is EXTREMELY friendly, asked lots of questions about me, what I did, where I lived, even tried to convince me to come to a bunch of the East Coast shows [unfortunately I had just started a new job and couldn't take the time off]. The thing that touched me the most was when Matt asked me if I had been to any of the shows where they supported U2 - I was supposed to go to the DC show, but one of my cousins had been killed by a drunk driver two days earlier, so I had to cancel my plans. When I told him this, he was so genuinely sympathetic, asked a lot of questions about my three other cousins who had also been critically injured in the accident, and told me to tell them he'd send him good thoughts. He's very funny and engaging. My advice would be that if any of you who haven't met them eventually do, treat them as the human beings they are and not commodities - talk to them just like you'd talk to any other stranger, and they'll probably treat you the same way.

And yes, Matt does get quite close when talking to you, keeps constant eye contact [although not in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable], and completely focuses on you while he's talking to you. He's one of those people who seem to have the gift of making you feel like you're the only person in the room when he talks to you.

I love your story, Sandy. You know that my favorite part is when tiny Matt emerges from the shadows. :LOL:

I met Matt and Dom last December in Seattle after the Deck the Hall Ball. I had flown out from PA for the show and was staying at the same hotel as they were. I went by myself, and afterwards, I didn't want to hang out in my room alone and be bored, so I went to the bar for a drink. About ten minutes later, I saw Dom sitting directly across from me. One of my best friends is the publisher of Alternative Press magazine, and he told me that if perchance I met them to make sure to say hello to them from him, so I went over to say hello to Dom and tell him my friend said hi. All of a sudden another voice chirped up from the corner, it was Matt. I hadn't even seen him sitting there. We talked for quite a while, I think because it was a relaxed atmosphere and I didn't ask them for a photo or an autograph or anything [i am not into that stuff at all - if you treat musicians just like you'd treat anybody else you just met, they'll be far more relaxed around you]. Dom was very quiet but very nice and apologized for not being more talkative, he said it was because he was knackered from ending the show with "Knights of Cydonia" but I think it was actually because between Matt and I he couldn't get a word in edgewise [we're both quite fast talkers, tend to talk a LOT, and make a lot of gestures when we talk - at one point Dom looked like he was scared that one of us was going to knock his drink over with our handwaving and overenthusiasm]. Matt is EXTREMELY friendly, asked lots of questions about me, what I did, where I lived, even tried to convince me to come to a bunch of the East Coast shows [unfortunately I had just started a new job and couldn't take the time off]. The thing that touched me the most was when Matt asked me if I had been to any of the shows where they supported U2 - I was supposed to go to the DC show, but one of my cousins had been killed by a drunk driver two days earlier, so I had to cancel my plans. When I told him this, he was so genuinely sympathetic, asked a lot of questions about my three other cousins who had also been critically injured in the accident, and told me to tell them he'd send him good thoughts. He's very funny and engaging. My advice would be that if any of you who haven't met them eventually do, treat them as the human beings they are and not commodities - talk to them just like you'd talk to any other stranger, and they'll probably treat you the same way.

And yes, Matt does get quite close when talking to you, keeps constant eye contact [although not in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable], and completely focuses on you while he's talking to you. He's one of those people who seem to have the gift of making you feel like you're the only person in the room when he talks to you.

:happy:

Too bad I have NO chance of meeting them in a bar :LOL:

:yesey:

Great story! I love how they can hang out at places in America still with out having to be worried about paparazzi or fans chasing them down.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, MUSEirik, I HATE those kind of dreams! :( Just keep telling yourself that one day it will be a reality ;)

Yes, i hate them too! And I've had many :(

When I see them this summer, I'm gonna wait ouside the stage after the concert until someone drags me away. I need that picture and autograph. And a little conversation would be nice too. Maybe I could bring a piano and show him my piano skills :rolleyes:

EDIT: Wow, I sound like I'm in love :stunned:

• 2 months later...
To be quite honest i wouldnt even know how to access a band at a stadium gig,like people are saying wait outside i guess but i dont fancy that with hundreds of other people. In the early days they came into the bar at the venue afterwards........imagine that now,they'd probably lose a limb!!:LOL:

Well, they didn´t lose a limb when they (a big suprise to me!) came to the official after party! Never thought they´d actually attend such a venue. :stunned:

But I got to meet Dom. :dom: He´s super nice! :matt: was there 2 but didn´t have the chance to talk to him. He stayed in the VIP area the whole time. Only saw him briefly when they left.

I think that majority of the people didn´t even realise the guys were there. :chuckle:

Well, they didn´t lose a limb when they (a big suprise to me!) came to the official after party! Never thought they´d actually attend such a venue. :stunned:

But I got to meet Dom. :dom: He´s super nice! :matt: was there 2 but didn´t have the chance to talk to him. He stayed in the VIP area the whole time. Only saw him briefly when they left.

I think that majority of the people didn´t even realise the guys were there. :chuckle:

wow you are so lucky to have met Dom!

im going on the saturday for wembley (not the best date since people are gonna get a bit offended when i put me facebook status as "best day ever" or whatever i put it as)

so where would i go to try an meet them, since i absolutely love them and i would love to meet them more than anyone else, if youd like to contend, well, we shall see about that on the 11th

Do you all recall when Muse opened for My Chemical Romance back in 2007ish? They came to Williamsburg, VA -- a stone's throw from where I lived, so I scrambled to see them. It was a strange mixture of people. You could definitely tell who was there for which band. I left after Muse finished their opening act for MCR, and waited at the side of the building near the back for my boys to come on out. As I waited with my friends, others Musers slowly trickled out. Our excitement continued to mount as we redirected curious MCR fans to nonexistent locations :LOL: , so as to have Muse to ourselves, unadultered by MCR tweens.

Muse were so long in coming out that my friends and I had enough time to go get a box of pizza and return. We were roped off with a few security guys here and there, perhaps 20-30 of us musers in all. A while after MCR wrapped up on stage, Chris casually walked around the corner. Then Dom. People were mildly buzzed but pretty chilled out, making conversation with Dom, exchanging hugs... and then Matt turned the corner too. Instantly, words became louder, faster, more excited. Chris came by asked us about our night, and signed a shirt I'd just bought. When I told him he smelled nice, he smiled in mild disbelief and thanked us. He then lifted his arm to sniff his armpit and check himself. Dom came by next with his signature grin ;) , asking what we'd been up to all night. We offered him some pizza that was still left in our pizza box. He didn't want any, but he signed the box and my shirt, and continued to move leisurely down the roped off area. Matt meanwhile had skipped where we were and went further down the line from us, taking pictures and trying to respond normally to fans gushing their hearts out to him. Then a van came up behind them and they all piled in, Matt last. We yelled for them to come back for a bit, especially for Matt to stay a little longer, but they drove off with Matt not really looking back much at us. I think they were tired (and, frankly, confused about the MCR audience situation) and ready to leave.

I've never really been able to catch them on an intimate level since. Which is good because it means they are getting the fan attention they deserve after the show, but also bad because I wish I could be around them without having them freaked out and a bit uncomfortable.

"Chris incredulously tells a tale of being mobbed by children at his son's primary school in Teignmouth last week. An eight year old said "You guys seriously rock!". "What a cool child," he beams."

- Kerrang! Interview.

Yep. I was the eight year old. :dance:

:LOL: Aww excellent!

"Chris incredulously tells a tale of being mobbed by children at his son's primary school in Teignmouth last week. An eight year old said "You guys seriously rock!". "What a cool child," he beams."

- Kerrang! Interview.

Wow your lucky! :D

- Kerrang! Interview.

Are you still eight, or are you reminiscing? Cool story anyway.

Dumb question.

If they're playing a show, but have a free day in-between, does that mean they'll usually stick around and stay at a hotel? Also, do you think it's likely that they'd pick a hotel really close to the venue?

I'm seeing them in NJ on 10/24, and they don't have a show on the 25th. I'm staying overnight with my friend at a Hilton Hotel half a mile from the venue. Do you think there's any chance that A. They'd be staying in NJ overnight and B. That they'd happen to be staying at that hotel, as it's so close to the venue? :) I don't want to get my hopes up, but I thought I'd see what people think :D

(Also, if you ARE at the same hotel as them, anyone have any idea how to find them/meet them at the hotel? Sounds like hanging around the bar is a good idea :LOL:)

Do you all recall when Muse opened for My Chemical Romance back in 2007ish? They came to Williamsburg, VA -- a stone's throw from where I lived, so I scrambled to see them. It was a strange mixture of people. You could definitely tell who was there for which band. I left after Muse finished their opening act for MCR, and waited at the side of the building near the back for my boys to come on out. As I waited with my friends, others Musers slowly trickled out. Our excitement continued to mount as we redirected curious MCR fans to nonexistent locations :LOL: , so as to have Muse to ourselves, unadultered by MCR tweens.

Muse were so long in coming out that my friends and I had enough time to go get a box of pizza and return. We were roped off with a few security guys here and there, perhaps 20-30 of us musers in all. A while after MCR wrapped up on stage, Chris casually walked around the corner. Then Dom. People were mildly buzzed but pretty chilled out, making conversation with Dom, exchanging hugs... and then Matt turned the corner too. Instantly, words became louder, faster, more excited. Chris came by asked us about our night, and signed a shirt I'd just bought. When I told him he smelled nice, he smiled in mild disbelief and thanked us. He then lifted his arm to sniff his armpit and check himself. Dom came by next with his signature grin ;) , asking what we'd been up to all night. We offered him some pizza that was still left in our pizza box. He didn't want any, but he signed the box and my shirt, and continued to move leisurely down the roped off area. Matt meanwhile had skipped where we were and went further down the line from us, taking pictures and trying to respond normally to fans gushing their hearts out to him. Then a van came up behind them and they all piled in, Matt last. We yelled for them to come back for a bit, especially for Matt to stay a little longer, but they drove off with Matt not really looking back much at us. I think they were tired (and, frankly, confused about the MCR audience situation) and ready to leave.

I've never really been able to catch them on an intimate level since. Which is good because it means they are getting the fan attention they deserve after the show, but also bad because I wish I could be around them without having them freaked out and a bit uncomfortable.

Awww. I've never met Muse, and I don't think I would try to meet them (I'm just interested in reading other people's stories) but I recognise the situation from someone else I met once, who was very popular. I remember the tension and people being awkward and gushing *shudder*. I wonder if Muse, particularly Matt, get that a lot. I wouldn't be surprised. I know exactly what you mean about wishing it could have been different. I hate situations like that. Even the memories are making me feel unnerved which is good reason for never staying behind in an attempt to meet Muse and just enjoying admiring them from afar.

Archived