I came really early to a gig once, and there were no one there. I was lost, so I just walked around, until i found an open door. I went in, and there Matt was, taking pictures for a magazine. I totally freaked out, but finally i found the courage to go over to him. I talked to him, and followed him into a room, where Dom and Chris was. I got their autographs, took pictures with them, and then we talked for a long time, and I really got to know them. And then.... I woke up! :'(

I was sure that it was real the entire dream! When I woke up, I just felt very empty inside. :stunned:

If that happens to me, I'll have you to thank :LOL:

I'll hold your word for it. ;)

Sure she is, almost everyone I meet loves Bat For Lashes :D And you are so ridiculously lucky haha.

I'd love to meet them one day, highly doubt it's ever gonna happen now though. They've gotten so popular :(

Ah. I suppose she doesn't make it around Tennessee often. :chuckle: And you won't meet them with that attitude. Hah. I seriously think anyone who wants to meet them will meet them some time in their life. Even though they are big, they are fairly accessible compared to other artists with the same fame.

xxEmilyxx, you are one lucky duck! So you got invited back while lingering near the stage after the show, right?

As for the suggestion to wait by buses...At a lot of large venues you can't even get near the buses. :( I tried this method in Atlanta to no avail.

Correct. I just stayed by the barrier until the gaurds were literally pushing me away. Hmm. That sucks about the buses. I guess it should be everyone's last option when trying to meet them.

The band you didn't know was probably Justice. Justice is pretty much a French version of Daft Punk. Plus, Dom said that one of their songs was his "Top song of the decade" in an interveiw.

I would've recognized Justice. I've listened to them for years, along with daft punk. :LOL: It is possible that I didn't hear him properly. It was really loud...and he talks really fast. So, I guess that is an option.

I came really early to a gig once, and there were no one there. I was lost, so I just walked around, until i found an open door. I went in, and there Matt was, taking pictures for a magazine. I totally freaked out, but finally i found the courage to go over to him. I talked to him, and followed him into a room, where Dom and Chris was. I got their autographs, took pictures with them, and then we talked for a long time, and I really got to know them. And then.... I woke up! :'(

I was sure that it was real the entire dream! When I woke up, I just felt very empty inside. :stunned:

Oh man. You really had me there for a second! :(

I

Correct. I just stayed by the barrier until the gaurds were literally pushing me away. Hmm. That sucks about the buses. I guess it should be everyone's last option when trying to meet them.

Excellent info. Thanks! :D

II would've recognized Justice. I've listened to them for years, along with daft punk. :LOL: It is possible that I didn't hear him properly. It was really loud...and he talks really fast. So, I guess that is an option.

:LOL:It's possible that if I ever met him I wouldn't understand a word he said.

i still understand pwetty though :ninja:

So, Matt likes Bat For Lashes? That is officially awesome.

IKR? He's mentioned her in an interview too. :happy:

These stories are so lovely. I like how even though it's more difficult to meet them, Matt seems to enjoy talking to fans for hours on end. It doesn't sound like he's changed much.

TrebleRose, your sig is made of win!

Haha, MUSEirik, I HATE those kind of dreams! :( Just keep telling yourself that one day it will be a reality ;)

And it sounds like chillin near the stage door is the best bet, I suppose! I figure if I can at least SEE them up close at the very least, it will be worth it :LOL: And if any guards try to push me away, I'll show 'em who's boss! ... :erm: Okay, maybe not. :LOL:

And thanks funkadelic! Yay for Lee Pace! :D

I guess so. Haha. Never heard of them...or her. Their/She isn't very popular in America. Is it a band or just a girl? :rolleyes:

Bat For Lashes is technically just Natasha Khan, although she does have a band playing with her.

Dom's sex wee made my eye sting.

Nice :LOL:

IKR? He's mentioned her in an interview too. :happy:

Has he?!

Excellent info. Thanks! :D

:LOL:It's possible that if I ever met him I wouldn't understand a word he said.

i still understand pwetty though :ninja:

No problemo. :LOL:

Bat For Lashes is technically just Natasha Khan, although she does have a band playing with her.

Thank you for the clarification. :happy:

What kind of car did he say was his first?

I love this vid. :LOL:

Me too! Why would he take the Incredible Hulk, though? :LOL:

I had to rewind it about 3 times to understand "Lotus Elise".

After Google-ing it I was like. Dangggg............:stunned:

The second time, on March 15, 2010 in Nashville, TN was far more interesting. :chuckle:

I love telling this story! I WARN YOU...IT"S LONG!

After chatting with a girl from manchester (everyone was wayy older than me) and a millionare, I found out that the millionare had two extrs backstage passes. She told me i could have them. My sister is drunk and matt and chris just walked into the room.

Then I got one by myself, of course. Haha. When he put his arm around me he said "You have a lovely accent." I was so flattered that all I could muster was "Hahah. (nervous laughter). You too!" Then we took the pic. He mentioned that his accent was like "the hillbilly of england".

Sorry if this makes no sense, im not proof reading this. By the way, when he talks to you, he gets real close and does not break eye contact at all. It is really intimidatiing. He loves making hand motions as well.

My sister then introduced herself. "Im lisa. Todays my birthday!". "Happy birthday! How old are you?" he asks. "Old. " she replied. "You surely can't be older than me, though" he said. She asked "how old are you?". "Old" he replies. "Okay, i turned 29" she said. He leans in and whispers "Im 31. See, you aren't the oldest one in the room!". Lol. Um...i got a hug from him, but i had to ask for it.

lisa quietly ate doritos while i was chatting it up with him. I know! I was soo nervous at first, but after a while I got used to it. I was too afraid to talk to chris...he's big and was engrossed in his little circle of guy friends. Matt on the other hand, is only an inch taller than me and really skinny. Haha. When I hugged him i was like...omg...he needs a cookie. he was all bone! Haha.

Oh, he was drinking just a single glass of red wine. Everyone offered him more, but he said he was fine. I found out he drinks a glass of red wine after ever concert b/c it's the only drink he can drink that doesn't get his throat dry. Trust me, at the time i thought he was still engaged to that model, so i thought he was just being friendly. Then yesterday, I found he was single again. Maybe he was flirting just a little? Who knows. Lol. I so would've slipped him my number before he left if i known. I would've said something like "In case you want to hear my "lovely" accent again". Haha. Yeah, he's like 14 years older than me. So what? He's hot (minus his teeth) and talented and has an accent! He offered me a drink and then he was like wait "nevermind, you're far too young. Hha.".

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Matt seems like a very nice guy which is good. Some artists don't even talk to their fans. Let alone let them get backstage.

Your story sounds similiar to something that happened to me a long time ago. I met this very famous rock star several years ago. I felt like I was in a dream the whole time I was there. He personally invited me to his party after the concert. It was awesome! Did you ever feel like you were in a dream while you stood there talking to Matt? And did your sister talk to other people there while you chatted with Matt? It seems like she just stood there waiting patiently for you. What a nice sister!

By the way, when he talks to you, he gets real close and does not break eye contact at all. It is really intimidatiing. He loves making hand motions as well. Oh does he? Ohh how nice. I would love to stand really close to Matt and have him not break eye contact with me. I wouldn't mind at all! :-)

So he's 31 eh? Hmm..I could go out with him. Hehe. I wish I could meet him. I want to meet him! I want to meet Muse this fall! Not just Matt but Dom and Chris as well and tell them what amazing musicians they are. And from what you have said and what others have said it doesn't seem impossible to meet them. So maybe my dream will come true. ;)

cheers!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Matt seems like a very nice guy which is good. Some artists don't even talk to their fans. Let alone let them get backstage.

Your story sounds similiar to something that happened to me a long time ago. I met this very famous rock star several years ago. I felt like I was in a dream the whole time I was there. He personally invited me to his party after the concert. It was awesome! Did you ever feel like you were in a dream while you stood there talking to Matt? And did your sister talk to other people there while you chatted with Matt? It seems like she just stood there waiting patiently for you. What a nice sister!

By the way, when he talks to you, he gets real close and does not break eye contact at all. It is really intimidatiing. He loves making hand motions as well. Oh does he? Ohh how nice. I would love to stand really close to Matt and have him not break eye contact with me. I wouldn't mind at all! :-)

So he's 31 eh? Hmm..I could go out with him. Hehe. I wish I could meet him. I want to meet him! I want to meet Muse this fall! Not just Matt but Dom and Chris as well and tell them what amazing musicians they are. And from what you have said and what others have said it doesn't seem impossible to meet them. So maybe my dream will come true. ;)

cheers!

It definitely felt like a dream. I could not believe it was happening. Afterwards, though it really does seem like a dream. I still cannot believe it happened! Thank god for pictures and my sister. Speaking of which, she didn't really care for the band too much so it wasn't a big deal to her at all. She would, about every 15 minutes, tap me and say "Can we go now? I'm hungry..." And I whisper "Ummm...do you see what is happening? ::gestures to matt:: No way are we leaving!". Although, yes, with her drunkenness and hunger combined she did wait patiently. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you meet them this fall! ;)

It definitely felt like a dream. I could not believe it was happening. Afterwards, though it really does seem like a dream. I still cannot believe it happened! Thank god for pictures and my sister. Speaking of which, she didn't really care for the band too much so it wasn't a big deal to her at all

Yes thank God for pictures because then you can look at them and say "Yes it did happen. I wasn't dreaming!" And those are nice pictures by the way.

She would, about every 15 minutes, tap me and say "Can we go now? I'm hungry..." And I whisper "Ummm...do you see what is happening? ::gestures to matt:: No way are we leaving!".

That is too funny!

Although, yes, with her drunkenness and hunger combined she did wait patiently.

Well how much did she drink? Lol. It seems like your sister had fun at the concert even though you said she doesn't really care for the band.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you meet them this fall! ;)
Oooh! That would be simply delightful!

And those are nice pictures by the way.

Well how much did she drink? Lol. It seems like your sister had fun at the concert even though you said she doesn't really care for the band.

Thank you! How much did she have to drink? Hmm. Well she had a huge glass before the concert and three at the party. Let's not forget to mention she is 5'1" and a light weight to begin with. Haha. So, she was pretty much gone by the time Matt and Chris showed up. She did quite well at not be obnoxious. :happy:

Thank you! How much did she have to drink? Hmm. Well she had a huge glass before the concert and three at the party. Let's not forget to mention she is 5'1" and a light weight to begin with. Haha. So, she was pretty much gone by the time Matt and Chris showed up. She did quite well at not be obnoxious. :happy:

Oh yes height does have an effect on how much you drink. Four glasses would have made me a little tipsy too. Especially knowing that Muse was standing next to me. So did she think Matt was cute? :)

by the way, I think I know one of the reasons Matt stayed talking to you. He probably liked your sense of humor. He's quite funny too isn't he? What he said about his accent. The hillbilly accent...:LOL:

Now I really want to meet him! I wish I could meet him at a pub though. :erm:

Okay, I have a theoretical question about the possibility of meeting the guys after the show.

I'm sure that the one of the biggest reasons that it's so difficult is that there's just WAY too many people to get close enough to the stage door (or the barriers they have around or whatever). (BTW, I'm assuming here that the best bet to meet them is while they're heading out to the stage door towards the tour bus).

So my question is, do you think the chances of seeing them are better if you leave while they're playing the last song so you're outside before all the massive crowds?

I know that sounds blasphemous and horrible to leave DURING the show, but it was just an idea my friend and I were discussing. Because honestly, if I could just get even ONE of their autographs or, let's face it, even see any one of them close-up just for a few fleeting moments, I think it would be worth missing the last half of a song. :p

But does anyone with experience meeting the guys (or just meeting bands in general) think this would help my chances at all? :)

Okay, I have a theoretical question about the possibility of meeting the guys after the show.

I'm sure that the one of the biggest reasons that it's so difficult is that there's just WAY too many people to get close enough to the stage door (or the barriers they have around or whatever). (BTW, I'm assuming here that the best bet to meet them is while they're heading out to the stage door towards the tour bus).

So my question is, do you think the chances of seeing them are better if you leave while they're playing the last song so you're outside before all the massive crowds?

I know that sounds blasphemous and horrible to leave DURING the show, but it was just an idea my friend and I were discussing. Because honestly, if I could just get even ONE of their autographs or, let's face it, even see any one of them close-up just for a few fleeting moments, I think it would be worth missing the last half of a song. :p

But does anyone with experience meeting the guys (or just meeting bands in general) think this would help my chances at all? :)

Well, my theory is the opposite! Granted, I've not met them, though. :erm: However, they have said they usually eat and re-group after gigs, so I think it usually takes a while for them to come out, unless they have to be somewhere. I'm not sure when there's an afterparty how much time there is between the party and the gig. My thinking is to wait until the crowd clears and be the "last man standing" so to speak. Also, if you loiter around the sound area near the stage right after the gig, you have a pretty good change of meeting T. Kirk. I totally forgot to do this in Atlanta, but will try that this fall if I see them again. Maybe others will have different advice. In Atlanta we waited for about 2 hours near the buses. There were only a handful of people, and they STILL didn't come out. It was freezing and I had to pee, so I gave up.

Another thing is that there's usually so much traffic around the venue parking lots, in many places it would literally be impossible for them to make a quick getaway.

Oh yes height does have an effect on how much you drink. Four glasses would have made me a little tipsy too. Especially knowing that Muse was standing next to me. So did she think Matt was cute? :)

by the way, I think I know one of the reasons Matt stayed talking to you. He probably liked your sense of humor. He's quite funny too isn't he? What he said about his accent. The hillbilly accent...:LOL:

Now I really want to meet him! I wish I could meet him at a pub though. :erm:

no no no, it was because of her red hair and her lovely accent. :yesey:

Well, my theory is the opposite! Granted, I've not met them, though. :erm: However, they have said they usually eat and re-group after gigs, so I think it usually takes a while for them to come out, unless they have to be somewhere. I'm not sure when there's an afterparty how much time there is between the party and the gig. My thinking is to wait until the crowd clears and be the "last man standing" so to speak. Also, if you loiter around the sound area near the stage right after the gig, you have a pretty good change of meeting T. Kirk. I totally forgot to do this in Atlanta, but will try that this fall if I see them again. Maybe others will have different advice. In Atlanta we waited for about 2 hours near the buses. There were only a handful of people, and they STILL didn't come out. It was freezing and I had to pee, so I gave up.

Another thing is that there's usually so much traffic around the venue parking lots, in many places it would literally be impossible for them to make a quick getaway.

and the point goes to Furygirl. :p no but seriously, it usually takes a while before they come out, so there's no point in missing a song. I've met them a few times and I often waited for more than 2 hours.

And for what concerns aftershows, it's a bit more random.. I've been invited to two of them but I have no idea about how to get back to another one, so you can't really do anything about it.. i think that waiting outside is the best bet.

Archived