Um.. I just played soccer with Chris. For real. He tweeted that he would be in Chelsea NYC to play soccer and my husband and I were the only ones who turned up! They invited us on the field, it was just 6 of us playing with Chris, his fitness guy security guy etc. Best day of my life. He was so friendly and let me hug him and get photos :) :)

That would be so surreal. Using the benefits of last minute notice to the full there!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in North America have a successful encounter with Muse pre/post concert during the 2nd Law tour? I'm curious whether such star-crossed luck could befall me during their fall tour. Are they harder to meet after a concert because they're even bigger superstars now?

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks

Anyone in North America have a successful encounter with Muse pre/post concert during the 2nd Law tour? I'm curious whether such star-crossed luck could befall me during their fall tour. Are they harder to meet after a concert because they're even bigger superstars now?

My girlfriend and I actually did have success (completely unexpected!) meeting all three of them after the second Montreal show this tour. I wrote up a bit about it on a post on the Bell Centre gig page and in the general tour discussion thread, but I'll copy it again here:

"As if the concerts weren't already good enough, we did also successfully manage to meet Muse!!!!! Thanks to the advice of our new Montreal friend from the first night (who we met in line), we staked out the rear entrance at the Bell Centre where bands apparently often exit. No luck the first night, but on night 2, just as we were about to give up, their chauffeurs came out for a smoke and confirmed that a) the band was still there and that b) they'd be leaving via that exit! They said they couldn't influence whether the band chose to stop to meet us, but they did promise to "drive slowly", which they did :) [Note: this was about an hour and a half after the gig ended]

Chris and Dom were in the first vehicle, and got out to meet our little group (7 of us in total), sign autographs and take photos with each of us. Matt also came out of the second vehicle a few minutes later, and did the same (although he just did one group photo with us). All of them were very nice, although Chris was definitely the nicest, followed by Matt. Dom seemed a bit tired, and I don't think he smiled even once during the whole time.

Meeting them was really amazing, and just capped off an unbelievable experience in the best way possible."

It was an interesting combination of chance encounter and strategic planning. It was chance in that we just happened to be in line with someone who knew her way around the venue and that we ran into the chauffeurs when we did, but we also had specifically tried to stake out a possible location and wait it out when we had good reason to do so.

My advice is if you want to try to meet them on tour, start by doing some research (online and asking around) to find out likely exits from the venue, etc., then decide on the most sensible location, and wait. Try to be patient...one of the guys who was with us that night gave up and left early, thereby missing his chance to meet them. And of course if they do come out, try to make it obvious that you're actually there trying to meet them (so they don't end up driving by unaware! We made a little sign and waved and cheered quite a bit :p), and of course be friendly :)

My girlfriend and I actually did have success (completely unexpected!) meeting all three of them after the second Montreal show this tour. I wrote up a bit about it on a post on the Bell Centre gig page and in the general tour discussion thread, but I'll copy it again here:

"As if the concerts weren't already good enough, we did also successfully manage to meet Muse!!!!! Thanks to the advice of our new Montreal friend from the first night (who we met in line), we staked out the rear entrance at the Bell Centre where bands apparently often exit. No luck the first night, but on night 2, just as we were about to give up, their chauffeurs came out for a smoke and confirmed that a) the band was still there and that b) they'd be leaving via that exit! They said they couldn't influence whether the band chose to stop to meet us, but they did promise to "drive slowly", which they did :) [Note: this was about an hour and a half after the gig ended]

Chris and Dom were in the first vehicle, and got out to meet our little group (7 of us in total), sign autographs and take photos with each of us. Matt also came out of the second vehicle a few minutes later, and did the same (although he just did one group photo with us). All of them were very nice, although Chris was definitely the nicest, followed by Matt. Dom seemed a bit tired, and I don't think he smiled even once during the whole time.

Meeting them was really amazing, and just capped off an unbelievable experience in the best way possible."

It was an interesting combination of chance encounter and strategic planning. It was chance in that we just happened to be in line with someone who knew her way around the venue and that we ran into the chauffeurs when we did, but we also had specifically tried to stake out a possible location and wait it out when we had good reason to do so.

My advice is if you want to try to meet them on tour, start by doing some research (online and asking around) to find out likely exits from the venue, etc., then decide on the most sensible location, and wait. Try to be patient...one of the guys who was with us that night gave up and left early, thereby missing his chance to meet them. And of course if they do come out, try to make it obvious that you're actually there trying to meet them (so they don't end up driving by unaware! We made a little sign and waved and cheered quite a bit :p), and of course be friendly :)

Timberley, thanks so much for your descriptive and thoughtful post in response to my hope to meet Muse!! I will definitely hit the research books to see if I can be as lucky as you were. I'm glad you had such a great experience! Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

I met Matt about 3 hours after the Vegas show. It was completely random and unplanned. My tips: Go back to your hotel after the show completely exhausted and debate if you want to go back out. Accept friend's offer of finding a bar to have Irish Carbombs, walk around your vegas hotel at 1am looking for a decent bar that's open, find one and stay til they close, give up on finding another bar and go gamble the rest of your daily gambling allotment, call it a night and leave the gambling area and BOOM! Matt Bellamy will suddenly appear. :chuckle:

I met Matt about 3 hours after the Vegas show. It was completely random and unplanned. My tips: Go back to your hotel after the show completely exhausted and debate if you want to go back out. Accept friend's offer of finding a bar to have Irish Carbombs, walk around your vegas hotel at 1am looking for a decent bar that's open, find one and stay til they close, give up on finding another bar and go gamble the rest of your daily gambling allotment, call it a night and leave the gambling area and BOOM! Matt Bellamy will suddenly appear. :chuckle:

whaaa really!!! thats crazy.. the best nights are unplanned nights :LOL:

I randomly met Chris when I was in Teignmouth for a little Muse pilgrimage last summer... and I got a tattoo in the same studio where he got some of his! :)

We spent like 20 minutes talking, HE IS SO NICE, I couldn't believe it was real. It was in his mother's pub, so I went there, asking for Chris Wolstenholme's mother, and the girl working there just said "Chris is sitting over there", I turn around and BAM. That was the best thing that ever happened to me. especially considering how much effort I had put into meeting Muse before without success. So yeah, dreams come true :) I've written the long version of the story on my blog if you want to read more. ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi, all!

I can't believe they're finally (!) coming back to the US again and I will get to see them in all their glory. I am so obsessed I have actually had dreams with Muse in them. Last night I dreamt I was pleading with Matt to play Citizen Erased at one of their upcoming concerts.

Anyways... Is anyone going to try to meet the band after any of the East Coast gigs? Meeting Muse would make my life complete.

• 5 weeks later...

I had never heard of the drink 'Irish Car Bomb' until I read this post. According to Wikipedia it is virtually unknown in Ireland and ordering it there is likely to cause confusion and offence. I come from Belfast and I think it's pretty sick to name a drink after something that killed and mutilated so many people but I'm glad you met Matt. :eek:

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Ever since joining this forum, it's been my dream to be able to post in this thread ;):LOL: (minus my Morgan post! Haha)

Between the Webster Hall and iHeartRadio gigs the past two days, I have interacted with the guys four times! (All pretty brief, but awesome!) I got the selfie in my avatar during the first one (which was super quick -- basically just enough time to ask for a picture, then thank them!)

After the gig, I got Dom's autograph, and asked Chris about whether or not they'd gotten the candy I'd given them (via Dom A), and he said no, but he'd ask about it :LOL:

At the end of the iHeartRadio gig tonight, the guys were SO kind, staying to talk to us at the barrier! I was able to talk to all three of them (finally able to tell them THANK YOU for everything!), and shake their hands. (Chris also handed me a pick! And Matt randomly gave me his microphone after the interview?!? :LOL: but the iHeartRadio people snatched it away :( )

Then afterwards, they came outside and I got Matt and Chris' autographs, and got to briefly talk to all three one last time.

Beyond my wildest dreams!!!!

Well, never thought I'd post in here but might as well now that I've met them.

I almost left a few times before they came out. I'd been in the queue for about 9 hours before the gig even started and it was about one and a half hours until any of them came out so I was knackered, freezing and starving. I stuck it out though 'cause I knew I'd probably never get a better chance to meet them.

Dom was first out, about ten minutes before the other two. He was pretty chatty and had a decent laugh with the fans running back and forth between people shouting for him and talking about how he fucked up his hair when he dyed it blonde which is why he'd dyed it black. I only managed to speak to him quickly as he came out. Told him it was a fucking great gig and he said "Yeah, that was amazing, probably the best one so far", then I asked him how come they didn't play Showbiz and he said "Yeah, sorry, I dunno. We wanted to but couldn't remember how to play it. It's been ages since we last played it."

Matt came out shortly after and all I could think was he was kinda weird. Very animated and swears a lot (as someone who swears a lot myself, even I was surprised :chuckle:). Didn't say much to him 'cause I was too nervous but told him it was a good gig while he was signing and he just said "Yeah, yeah, cheers."

Tom, Morgan and Dom Anderson were actually the coolest people though. Morgan was genuinely lovely, can't stress enough how nice and humble he was. Dom A and Tom were very chatty and funny as well. I think they knew fans had been waiting for ages so they stayed out for a bit longer to chat to them while they waited.

Managed to get Matt and Dom to sign my OOS booklet. Would've loved a picture but my phone had like 5% battery and I really needed it :( Didn't get chance to ask or speak to Chris 'cause I was supposed to be staying at a friend's and she was nagging me to get back so she could go to sleep :rolleyes:

Archived