^^ That is amazing, had me in tears of joy!

Although I knew the story it was nice to read it again! :awesome:

I should have went to Cologne too :noey:

Well I'm glad you took the time to write it all again, because it was a great story! Thanks for sharing.:)

Yes thank you. That was nice to read. :happy:

I'm glad you enjoyed my wanderings :)

Grrrrr, I've wrote this and it really took me a while...and when I wanted to send, the board crushed down. So I had to write the whole text again.

We met them after their appearance in colongne in german tv. we just left after their performance and waited on the street, more just for fun to have some beers and get excited. We never expected it could happen. But then these three dark cars appeared. We stood on the street and a security from the parking garage called us to leave. The first car passed by – noone, the second passed by – and I heared one of us:”Chris – it’s Chris in the car!!” He had a pipe in his mouth and lolzed to us. Then the third car passed by and I spotted Matt and Dom on the backseat. I felt like I had a cardiac arrest!!! Matt forced the driver to stop when he saw us (that's the reason he has a very special place in my heart). For few seconds he watched us through the window – my friends painted quickly shields a while ago with “we are the resistance” and “we have beer for you” and they held it to the window. He came out and shaked everyones hand and mumbled:”Sorry, I’m eating!” (on the backseat of the car were bananas :’D). Then he pointed at me and asked something I couldn’t understand. His blue eyes…I swear, he use it as weapons to protect himself from inconvenient questions. I asked: “What?” – and thought:”WTF – Matthew Bellamy is asking you something and stupid you cannot understand it?!” He smiled, bend over to me and repeated:”Wock am Wing, tomowwooww? You…going to Wock am Wing tomowwow?” A friend said:”Rock am Ring!! He means Rock am Ring!!” :LOL: I said:”Oh no, we don’t have tickets…”(and asked myself afterwards why I didn’t mentioned that we go to Nijmegen two weeks later :facepalm:) My friends gave him presents then.

At one stroke Dom sneaked around the car almost unseen and said:”Oh they’re nice aren’t they?” :awesome: He was very keen for the beer we presented to him, storraged it quickly on his place in the car and asked:”You’re from France?” – maybe because one of the beers was from France. But before we were able to answer a friend asked from the back:”Can we take pictures with you?” And everyone was like:”Awww picutures…mumble mumble…Awesomeness!!” Matt – like the cock of the roost in the middle – said:”Can we take pictures together?” At a single blow I stood between Dom - and Matt who put his arm around my waist. I really thought I would faint in the next moment. I didn’t realize that I held in one hand a huge jug beer and in the other a ciggi :facepalm: - maybe I was already a little bit drunk in that point. I wore that US flag obey shirt that day (the one that Matt owns as well) – I asked and lolzed during the picture procedure to him:”You like my shirt huh?” He looked down at me giggled and said: “Ohh yess!” :chuckle: Then they were all around Matt and I stood in front of dom like :$..we looked each other and didn't know what to say few seconds...then he spotted my jug, pointed at it and said with a huge smile:”Can I have…?” I said:”Of course, it’s Foster’s! Cheers!” He took a big hit and held it for a while before he gave it back to me.

Matt said then the have to leave cause they are in hurry (RATM fannies :LOL:). My friend stood next to Matt and asked:”Can we hug you?” I did nothing, wasn’t able to think, to breathe, to react…before I knew what was happening Dom came to me, put his arms around me and hugged me. It was like… the time stood still and in slow motion. Tom Kirk filmed us all the time from the car haha. I’ve just realized it afterwards. When they were on the way back into the car my friend dropped down something accidently and Matt bend down and picked it up for her – they are soooo fucking nice, no affectations at all!!! (like Matt said in the Kerrang Interview few weeks ago – they are just like us – it’s true!) When they left Kirky still filmed us through the open window from the distance. I hope I’ll get to see this one day – must look very funny. When they left we were so musestoned, screamed and jumped around haha. It took days….no weeks to manage my mind again and form clear thoughts. I was all the time like: “Waaaah!!” inside and it came over me in batches. Luckily one of my friends took a video until she started to take the pictures. Everytime I watch this I get a heart attack again! But we decided set it private on youtube cause we didn't want to sell our memories for 50...bla blah.. There’s a quote: “You always meet twice!” Can’t wait for the second time :D

I was a little bit sad, that Chris didn’t came out of his car. But fortunately I and the awesome Musers here met him after the footie at Barnet Hive. I presented him another bubble pipe (we threw one onstage in Krakow and he picked it up and put it in his mouth :)) and he remembered me and lolzed.

Can’t believe I’ve wrote this twice now lol – took me a while. But I’m waaaaah inside again hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsHa0-Tcc8

:awesome:

Grrrrr, I've wrote this and it really took me a while...and when I wanted to send, the board crushed down. So I had to write the whole text again.

We met them after their appearance in colongne in german tv. we just left after their performance and waited on the street, more just for fun to have some beers and get excited. We never expected it could happen. But then these three dark cars appeared. We stood on the street and a security from the parking garage called us to leave. The first car passed by – noone, the second passed by – and I heared one of us:”Chris – it’s Chris in the car!!” He had a pipe in his mouth and lolzed to us. Then the third car passed by and I spotted Matt and Dom on the backseat. I felt like I had a cardiac arrest!!! Matt forced the driver to stop when he saw us (that's the reason he has a very special place in my heart). For few seconds he watched us through the window – my friends painted quickly shields a while ago with “we are the resistance” and “we have beer for you” and they held it to the window. He came out and shaked everyones hand and mumbled:”Sorry, I’m eating!” (on the backseat of the car were bananas :’D). Then he pointed at me and asked something I couldn’t understand. His blue eyes…I swear, he use it as weapons to protect himself from inconvenient questions. I asked: “What?” – and thought:”WTF – Matthew Bellamy is asking you something and stupid you cannot understand it?!” He smiled, bend over to me and repeated:”Wock am Wing, tomowwooww? You…going to Wock am Wing tomowwow?” A friend said:”Rock am Ring!! He means Rock am Ring!!” :LOL: I said:”Oh no, we don’t have tickets…”(and asked myself afterwards why I didn’t mentioned that we go to Nijmegen two weeks later :facepalm:) My friends gave him presents then.

At one stroke Dom sneaked around the car almost unseen and said:”Oh they’re nice aren’t they?” :awesome: He was very keen for the beer we presented to him, storraged it quickly on his place in the car and asked:”You’re from France?” – maybe because one of the beers was from France. But before we were able to answer a friend asked from the back:”Can we take pictures with you?” And everyone was like:”Awww picutures…mumble mumble…Awesomeness!!” Matt – like the cock of the roost in the middle – said:”Can we take pictures together?” At a single blow I stood between Dom - and Matt who put his arm around my waist. I really thought I would faint in the next moment. I didn’t realize that I held in one hand a huge jug beer and in the other a ciggi :facepalm: - maybe I was already a little bit drunk in that point. I wore that US flag obey shirt that day (the one that Matt owns as well) – I asked and lolzed during the picture procedure to him:”You like my shirt huh?” He looked down at me giggled and said: “Ohh yess!” :chuckle: Then they were all around Matt and I stood in front of dom like :$..we looked each other and didn't know what to say few seconds...then he spotted my jug, pointed at it and said with a huge smile:”Can I have…?” I said:”Of course, it’s Foster’s! Cheers!” He took a big hit and held it for a while before he gave it back to me.

Matt said then the have to leave cause they are in hurry (RATM fannies :LOL:). My friend stood next to Matt and asked:”Can we hug you?” I did nothing, wasn’t able to think, to breathe, to react…before I knew what was happening Dom came to me, put his arms around me and hugged me. It was like… the time stood still and in slow motion. Tom Kirk filmed us all the time from the car haha. I’ve just realized it afterwards. When they were on the way back into the car my friend dropped down something accidently and Matt bend down and picked it up for her – they are soooo fucking nice, no affectations at all!!! (like Matt said in the Kerrang Interview few weeks ago – they are just like us – it’s true!) When they left Kirky still filmed us through the open window from the distance. I hope I’ll get to see this one day – must look very funny. When they left we were so musestoned, screamed and jumped around haha. It took days….no weeks to manage my mind again and form clear thoughts. I was all the time like: “Waaaah!!” inside and it came over me in batches. Luckily one of my friends took a video until she started to take the pictures. Everytime I watch this I get a heart attack again! But we decided set it private on youtube cause we didn't want to sell our memories for 50...bla blah.. There’s a quote: “You always meet twice!” Can’t wait for the second time :D

I was a little bit sad, that Chris didn’t came out of his car. But fortunately I and the awesome Musers here met him after the footie at Barnet Hive. I presented him another bubble pipe (we threw one onstage in Krakow and he picked it up and put it in his mouth :)) and he remembered me and lolzed.

Can’t believe I’ve wrote this twice now lol – took me a while. But I’m waaaaah inside again hahaha.

wow....you are my hero! thanks for sharing :)

That's such an awesome story! I'd love to see your video!

I've changed the settings - now it's still private but with the link you can watch it :) I love the epic laughter of Nicki at the beginning :awesome: We were all like...it's not them come down - and she only laughed an wanted to film our excitement haha.

I've changed the settings - now it's still private but with the link you can watch it :) I love the epic laughter of Nicki at the beginning :awesome: We were all like...it's not them come down - and she only laughed an wanted to film our excitement haha.

:eek: That's so awesome! And you guys got it all on video! So lucky. Did you end up going to RaR?

Thanks for the link! :happy:

:eek: That's so awesome! And you guys got it all on video! So lucky. Did you end up going to RaR?

yeah it was so nice from nicki to film, I forgot anything - even though to ask for autographs :rolleyes: no, unfortunately not. but I was really tempted to spend all my money to buy a ticket :LOL: but at least we went to nijmegen to weeks later all together. The excitement with the people is the same awesomness as muse themselves!

Thanks a lot for the link!

I (of course :LOL:) knew your story already but never saw this vid :kiss: (Love the title *g*)

Edit: I love the way Matt looks at you when he has to repeat what he just mumbled :LOL:

OH EM GEE :eek: I like died watching this! Its a story come to life :happy:

I (of course :LOL:) knew your story already but never saw this vid :kiss: (Love the title *g*)

Edit: I love the way Matt looks at you when he has to repeat what he just mumbled :LOL:

I think it was more that he managed to spit out a bit of what he was eating. :chuckle:

It must be hard saying Rock AM Ring when you can't pronouce "Rs" and have a mouth full of banana! :chuckle:

Aww that was good to watch, thanks. It's nice that they stopped to meet you. :happy:

And they're lovely. :happy:

yeah it was so nice from nicki to film, I forgot anything - even though to ask for autographs :rolleyes: no, unfortunately not. but I was really tempted to spend all my money to buy a ticket :LOL: but at least we went to nijmegen to weeks later all together. The excitement with the people is the same awesomness as muse themselves!

If you are the girl with the white shirt, I remember you from Nijmegen. You were right next to me in the queue.

Glad you had the chance to meet the band, I'm happy for you and secretly jealous.:LOL:

I agree! It's what keeps me coming back for more Muse gigs. A good crowd can make or break a gig for me.

Yes, I love queueing even though. Hanging around the whole day with bloody excited people and meet new faces :D

:awesome:

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

wow, just read the story and watched those two vids - so :awesome:! You guys are very lucky :D Thanks for sharing! Made me smile :)

You're welcome :)

I think it was more that he managed to spit out a bit of what he was eating.

It must be hard saying Rock AM Ring when you can't pronouce "Rs" and have a mouth full of banana! :chuckle:

Aww that was good to watch, thanks. It's nice that they stopped to meet you. :happy:

And they're lovely. :happy:

Yes, and at least Wock am Wing had a complete new meaning :chuckle: Yes they are lovely, so true!

If you are the girl with the white shirt, I remember you from Nijmegen. You were right next to me in the queue.

Glad you had the chance to meet the band, I'm happy for you and secretly jealous.:LOL:

Aaaaah I remember you!! You were the french talking guys next to me and you jumped to have a look over this barrier thing and we got squeezed into the grid. Nice to meet you here again! :happy:

Just did a little write-up of my experience winning the t-shirt design competition and being flown out to meet them.. Watch out, long one!

5078965624_992c224881.jpg

It had been over 30 minutes after the scheduled meeting time at the CD102 radio tent, and everyone who had gained access to the meet and greet were finally being asked to follow a Warner representative into the venue. It was obvious that any of the winners who were actual Muse fans (and you COULD easily distinguish who was and wasn't) we starting to feel at least slightly anxious for the meeting to happen, and to see what actually would happen when we entered. We all had our adhesive-backed VIP badges stuck to our chests (or legs in the case of a few entrants), and before we knew it we congregated in a cool cement-lined hallway backstage. "Probably only a few minutes," most of us thought and chatted to each other about. As if we weren't anxious enough, a few minutes became over an hour and a half. Metric walked passed up to take the stage, Metric walked past us leaving the stage. Tom Kirk paced around at least 5 times with a crew of technicians, and one of us even spotted Kate Hudson walking through the corridors. The sightings were a bit enjoyable considering the lapse of time which had to be spent primarily entertaining ourselves, but everyone was still waiting and ready for the reason we were all there; to meet Muse.

It almost seemed to happen in a flash in retrospect, but we were all eventually and quickly formed into a single file line to take one fast turn around the corner and placed directly adjacent to Muse's dressing room. It was becoming dangerously close to show time, so I knew by then that the experience was going to be a fast one, and that I should enjoy it as much as possible. After mulling over how the meeting was going to go for some time, I eventually made the facile decision to go into this whole trip with minimal expectations. I design and do technical CGI work for a living, so do I enter this realm on a professional platform, or do I just go with the flow and be the fan they're expecting to typically meet? I had both a number of business cards as well as my VMA setlist accompanied by the black sharpie, so I felt I was prepared for either approach. It all came down to their attitudes and how easy I could make conversation with them in the end anyway. Just as i was able to barely run these ruminations through my head one last time, the door was opened and I was leading the line into what seemed to be a comfortable, yet irregularly dimly lit room.

I only felt this feeling for the initial moment, but there's a fair bit of surreality when entering a room and (from my perspective being the first to walk in) having 3 of your idols standing up with smiles on their faces to greet and introduce themselves to you. I was fortunate to be the first to make the rounds through the room shaking each of the band member's hands, all who were smiling, polite, and introducing themselves by name (knowing full well that we all knew who each of them were). After the third salutation I noticed a fourth figure toward the back of the becoming tightly packed room. Morgan Nicholls was making what looked to be an uncomfortable duck away from the entering fan base toward a catering table, but still managed to divert his attention from it to approach me and make a smiling greeting and introduction (with a mouth and opposite hand full of snacks, but he still managed to pull it off pleasantly). Some moments following then are a bit of a blur, but as the room was full and the rest of the winning contestants were gathered around the band members, a Warner representative made a bellowing announcement across the room. "By the way, Kevin Couture here was the winner of the t-shirt design competition." Matt and Chris were both signing autographs and didn't seem to hear him, but as if appearing from out of nowhere Dom was beside me following the announcement. "They showed us your design once more before you all came in and I really want to thank you for it. You did a bloody good job on it." Finally having a window, albeit short, to casually speak with one of the band members I then stood with Dominic and simply shot the shit for a few moments on both my design, their time in Columbus, and my trip there. What made the interaction so memorable was how obviously comfortable we both were having the conversation, and how I felt we were just two blokes on the same level hanging out. I didn't want to hold him up for the rest of the time knowing that other fans wanted to have items signed, so I closed it with a simple thank you, and also handed him a business card explaining that I do the work professionally and am always open to being sub-contracted by Warner Brothers for work.

I had seemingly nearly forgotten by that point that I had a setlist which I wanted signed, so as soon as Chris had a free second from fan interaction I approached him with it casually telling him "This was actually yours" (the setlist I redeemed from the Walter Kerr VMA gig was from underneath Chris' mic stand). After a short chuckle he began reading the order of the songs and where they were played Dom re-appeared (again, out of nowhere) reading along with Chris. They both nostalgically remarked about how good of a gig and how early on in the tour it was, before both singing and handing it back. A warning was yelled from a Warner representative (who were now starting to sound and appear as insistent and impatient parents) that they quickly needed to take one photo of the entire group together, then have us exit the room. Knowing this was the one last chance to be able to approach Matt for an autograph, I began to walk toward him. I found him leaning against a wall seemingly thinking in his own world while playing a small ukulele. We didn't have to say much to each other, only a brief "hello" and "cheers/thanks," and I calmly walked away from him with the third and final autograph. Just as announced, we all then formed into a wide lateral line where our photo was taken together. We were escorted out, and just stood in a small group feeling something similar to astonishment. The second group of winners went in behind us (two of whom carrying the Muse traveling flag, which was then finally able to be signed by the band members and photographed with), and who squeezes through our small group giving a confident smile to each of us? Kate Hudson.

5092494020_de1d6cea36_o.jpg

CLIFFS:

-met muse.

-was awesome.

Just did a little write-up of my experience winning the t-shirt design competition and being flown out to meet them.. Watch out, long one!

5078965624_992c224881.jpg

It had been over 30 minutes after the scheduled meeting time at the CD102 radio tent, and everyone who had gained access to the meet and greet were finally being asked to follow a Warner representative into the venue. It was obvious that any of the winners who were actual Muse fans (and you COULD easily distinguish who was and wasn't) we starting to feel at least slightly anxious for the meeting to happen, and to see what actually would happen when we entered. We all had our adhesive-backed VIP badges stuck to our chests (or legs in the case of a few entrants), and before we knew it we congregated in a cool cement-lined hallway backstage. "Probably only a few minutes," most of us thought and chatted to each other about. As if we weren't anxious enough, a few minutes became over an hour and a half. Metric walked passed up to take the stage, Metric walked past us leaving the stage. Tom Kirk paced around at least 5 times with a crew of technicians, and one of us even spotted Kate Hudson walking through the corridors. The sightings were a bit enjoyable considering the lapse of time which had to be spent primarily entertaining ourselves, but everyone was still waiting and ready for the reason we were all there; to meet Muse.

It almost seemed to happen in a flash in retrospect, but we were all eventually and quickly formed into a single file line to take one fast turn around the corner and placed directly adjacent to Muse's dressing room. It was becoming dangerously close to show time, so I knew by then that the experience was going to be a fast one, and that I should enjoy it as much as possible. After mulling over how the meeting was going to go for some time, I eventually made the facile decision to go into this whole trip with minimal expectations. I design and do technical CGI work for a living, so do I enter this realm on a professional platform, or do I just go with the flow and be the fan they're expecting to typically meet? I had both a number of business cards as well as my VMA setlist accompanied by the black sharpie, so I felt I was prepared for either approach. It all came down to their attitudes and how easy I could make conversation with them in the end anyway. Just as i was able to barely run these ruminations through my head one last time, the door was opened and I was leading the line into what seemed to be a comfortable, yet irregularly dimly lit room.

I only felt this feeling for the initial moment, but there's a fair bit of surreality when entering a room and (from my perspective being the first to walk in) having 3 of your idols standing up with smiles on their faces to greet and introduce themselves to you. I was fortunate to be the first to make the rounds through the room shaking each of the band member's hands, all who were smiling, polite, and introducing themselves by name (knowing full well that we all knew who each of them were). After the third salutation I noticed a fourth figure toward the back of the becoming tightly packed room. Morgan Nicholls was making what looked to be an uncomfortable duck away from the entering fan base toward a catering table, but still managed to divert his attention from it to approach me and make a smiling greeting and introduction (with a mouth and opposite hand full of snacks, but he still managed to pull it off pleasantly). Some moments following then are a bit of a blur, but as the room was full and the rest of the winning contestants were gathered around the band members, a Warner representative made a bellowing announcement across the room. "By the way, Kevin Couture here was the winner of the t-shirt design competition." Matt and Chris were both signing autographs and didn't seem to hear him, but as if appearing from out of nowhere Dom was beside me following the announcement. "They showed us your design once more before you all came in and I really want to thank you for it. You did a bloody good job on it." Finally having a window, albeit short, to casually speak with one of the band members I then stood with Dominic and simply shot the shit for a few moments on both my design, their time in Columbus, and my trip there. What made the interaction so memorable was how obviously comfortable we both were having the conversation, and how I felt we were just two blokes on the same level hanging out. I didn't want to hold him up for the rest of the time knowing that other fans wanted to have items signed, so I closed it with a simple thank you, and also handed him a business card explaining that I do the work professionally and am always open to being sub-contracted by Warner Brothers for work.

I had seemingly nearly forgotten by that point that I had a setlist which I wanted signed, so as soon as Chris had a free second from fan interaction I approached him with it casually telling him "This was actually yours" (the setlist I redeemed from the Walter Kerr VMA gig was from underneath Chris' mic stand). After a short chuckle he began reading the order of the songs and where they were played Dom re-appeared (again, out of nowhere) reading along with Chris. They both nostalgically remarked about how good of a gig and how early on in the tour it was, before both singing and handing it back. A warning was yelled from a Warner representative (who were now starting to sound and appear as insistent and impatient parents) that they quickly needed to take one photo of the entire group together, then have us exit the room. Knowing this was the one last chance to be able to approach Matt for an autograph, I began to walk toward him. I found him leaning against a wall seemingly thinking in his own world while playing a small ukulele. We didn't have to say much to each other, only a brief "hello" and "cheers/thanks," and I calmly walked away from him with the third and final autograph. Just as announced, we all then formed into a wide lateral line where our photo was taken together. We were escorted out, and just stood in a small group feeling something similar to astonishment. The second group of winners went in behind us (two of whom carrying the Muse traveling flag, which was then finally able to be signed by the band members and photographed with), and who squeezes through our small group giving a confident smile to each of us? Kate Hudson.

5092494020_de1d6cea36_o.jpg

CLIFFS:

-met muse.

-was awesome.

So happy for you kevin, really really. I always thought for a girl how weird must be gettin' to meet the band, but sometimes guys get as excited and nervous as i would do :p just because is your favourite band.. and you are having an actual conversation with them :eek:

i Lol'ed at the way you ended it.. like the final sentece of a key chapter.

"and who squeezes through our small group giving a confident smile to each of us? Kate Hudson"

srsly.. i'm happy for you :happy:

I am so jealous of all those of you that have gotten to meet Muse! :( I have been wondering how to for years! But I have never been lucky enough! Then someone at the concert I went to at LCCC got asked to come see them after hanging around.. meanwhile I'm rushed off by my Mum who just wants to get home and beat traffic :(

It would just be amazing for me, they just seem such awesome people! & I love the music they play! I hope to meet them one day! If people have any suggestions, please go ahead! :(

Archived