OH! And Dom Anderson let us roam around and take photos on THE STAGE! For a good 40 seconds :LOL:

Oh and Tegan, I have another photo of you and Georgia next to the piano!

63611_484337397444_631502444_5783947_6555579_n.jpg

I'm disappointed none of you did a costanza pose or the lying down game next to their instruments.

That's what I would have done. But it's never going to happen. :(

OH! And Dom Anderson let us roam around and take photos on THE STAGE! For a good 40 seconds :LOL:

SOMEONE'S iPod playing Justice in the hospitality party

154981_484337142444_631502444_5783939_7076639_n.jpg

Matt's Dickinson Amp

156322_484337192444_631502444_5783940_1129649_n.jpg

Dom's kit

155667_484337232444_631502444_5783942_6069340_n.jpg

Matt's mic

157002_484337292444_631502444_5783944_2427733_n.jpg

Matt's setlist on his piano

148229_484337332444_631502444_5783945_1178640_n.jpg

Muse eye view of Rod Laver

165046_484337467444_631502444_5783948_2687904_n.jpg

Oh and Tegan, I have another photo of you and Georgia next to the piano!

63611_484337397444_631502444_5783947_6555579_n.jpg

So awesome! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures! I love the on stage ones.

So, this is going to be pretty long. 1738 words to be exact :LOL: But I really just wrote it down for my own benefit for the future if I for some reason forgot.

We walked into the room and I see Matt finishing eating something (assuming it's a slice of banana that he had from a platter of sliced banana pieces) Dom was sitting on the couch and Chris was standing behind it. I shook hands with Chris and introduced myself to him and he said 'Hey how're ya?', and then I shook Matt's hand as well and he said 'Nice to meet you.' I turned around back to Chris and asked him to sign my TR Boxset and I told him that I bought a new marker that morning because he used a dodgy one on Sunday at the airport and he laughed. I also handed him the bag of goodies the Ninja Assassins put together to give to them. It had a Zelda T-Shirt for Chris, a fake Mo and a Plush Sheep for Matt while he's away from his farm and a thing called a Bananagram and it's basically a pencil case with scrabble tiles inside which we taped together to make words out of them to read. He looked at the bag and he goes 'Its so pink!' and I go 'You have to look INSIDE the bag!' and he shuffled stuff inside the bag and he laughed and he's like 'Oh excellent!' (I'm sure he saw the Zelda Shirt and got super excited haha)

Matt's sheep

15426913511952387331796.jpg

Banangram

155116_484351132444_631502444_5784039_8373955_n.jpg

I then walked over to Matt and he cut me off before I even said anything with 'Ive seen you recently, have I? and I said 'At the barrier tonight? Maybe?' Matt laughed and he said 'No.' so I said 'Sunday?' and he goes 'Oh right where'd you see us?' so I told him about the airport meet. And he goes 'Oh right!' really enthusiastically and then he followed up with an '... Oh... Right.' and he started laughing a little. So I said 'Yeah you thought I asked you to make out with me.' and he goes 'Yeah I recall, that was my misunderstanding' and he laughed and I told him it was really no problem, at all. Made for a great conversation piece.

I then asked him if he would sign my TR Boxset and as he was signing it and taking forever to do the swirls on the 'y', I asked him what it takes for me to get a plectrum from him. He looked up and he starts grinning and he says 'Not much at all.' and he winked and I started to laugh, but then it just went silent and we were just staring at each other and he just continued to smile. So I thought I misunderstood something and I go '... Wait, what?...' and he reiterates again with 'It really doesn't take much at all to get it.' And more awkward smiling from me and more suggestive grinning from him. Finally he broke and started shuffling through his pockets and he brings out 3 plectrums. He goes 'Here, I'll give you the warm one, do you mind? I just used it.' Of course I told him I'd prefer the warm one. He then had two more brand new plectrums and just held his hand out going 'picks? Anyone want picks?'

163996_484286167444_631502444_5783192_4346721_n.jpg

Chris had walked over to us and I told them that we sent back some toys to them via Rob at Acer Arena on the 9th and Matt's like 'Oh yeah the soft toys, Wonder Woman!' and I say 'Yeah with Captain America as well!' and I turn to Chris and see him laughing and nodding (probably about Captain America). So then Matt goes 'So, are you from Sydney or here?' I go 'Nah, I'm from Melbourne.' 'Right so you flew to Sydney but you're from here.' 'Yeah.' 'Ah right. How far do you live from here?' 'About 40 minutes, not too far.' 'Yeah. So you went to the airport? I thought you were going to give Dom that leopard suit, right? What happened?' 'I did! That's why we went to the airport to give him the morphsuit!' 'Oh you did!?' So then he calls over to Dom and he's like 'Dom? Where'd you put the leopard morphsuit?' and Dom goes 'Yeah its at home... in my bedroom.' and Matt gave him a WTF look complete with the one eyebrow raised and looked back at me laughing at Dom and laughed.

I finally went over to Dom and asked him to sign the boxset. He looked at the front and he goes 'Wow this looks really cool!' and I go 'Yeah I chose silver so it pops. Maybe you should think about getting yours signed?' and he laughed (Thank god because that was such a lame joke haha) and he said 'I actually don't have one of these.' so I go 'Seriously?' and Chris walks over again and he goes 'Yeah what is in that?' I told them what was inside but I turned it around and said that numbered ones have a 5.1 DVD of TR inside it. Dom took it out of my hands and started stroking the embossed logo on the front and he looked pretty impressed by it haha. And Chris took it and tried to read the back. I told Dom that maybe they should consider re-releasing the rest of their catalogue in 5.1 because it's incredible. Dom was all like 'Yeah, you know that's not bad. You've seen that making of DVD ay? When we we're in that little room it sounded amazing, really something else.' Then I reiterated with 'Yeah, seriously, think about it.' So then I of course had to ask about the morphsuit so I asked 'Have you even tried it on yet?' 'No I haven't yet it's in my bedroom, but it looks about the same size as my wetsuit *points behind me at the wetsuit hanging off the rail* so I'm sure it'll fit me no problem.' So I told him how we were contemplating on the sizing for a long time.

So we took the photo and Dom had has arm around my back with his hand on my waist (!!!!) and he wanted to take another photo but the lady said it was fine.

I just stood next to Matt after the photo and he leans over to me and points at the signed box and he goes 'Turned out great!' and I said 'Yeah good thing I didn't have a dodgy marker like on Sunday.' and he laughed and I pointed to his signature and the 'Love from' part and I said 'Aww' and laughed and he goes 'Oh did you not want me to write that?' and I said 'No it's lovely!' and he goes 'Oh yeah, you wanted me to make it out to you then?' and he smiled. Hahaha. So maybe I was a little glad he remembered about the airport. :LOL:

162915_484318327444_631502444_5783726_3505412_n.jpg

So before we left the room I asked Matt for a hug and he smiled and said 'Sure!' and he had to bend his knees a little to put his arms around my lower back but he had his head cradling on my shoulder :') I said thank you and he hugged me just the tiniest bit tighter. And then we had to back out of the room and I waved and mouthed bye to Chris and Matt and for some reason I gave Dom a thumbs up? Haha. And that was it.

164649_484337582444_631502444_5783950_5307497_n.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel obliged to talk about Jason, Muse's head of security because he's so cool. When Georgia and I and the two boys were waiting he asked me where I was from. I said Melbourne then he asked me where my accent went(?). So I told him, that this is my regular voice, and i don't really have an accent to work with. Then he goes 'Are you sure you're from here?' and I go 'I'm absolutely positive, I'm not lying, I'm from melbourne!' and he ends it with 'Mm okay, but I'm pretty sure you're not from here.' and he laughed.

Aaaand on the way out, I was looking into random dressing rooms and whatever and he's behind me going 'I see you looking in there! Wanting to steal some of their clothes!' and I go 'Actually, I saw a bunch of suitcases in the hallway with 'Muse Wardrobe' written on them and contemplated leaving with those' and he laughed.

Then the next night at the barrier I saw him talking to Georgia, Clare and Ev and I told them to tell him to come over to my side when he was finished and he came over and I asked if he remembered me and he goes 'Yeah! The non-accent girl! You're voice sounds better today!' (which it didn't btw) and we had a good little banter before he went back.

THEN about 20 minutes before Muse went on stage we were made aware that the morphsuit that we gave Dom was in a twitpic by the band! Of course we all went spastic and I saw Jason walk past so I called over to him and asked 'Is Dom REALLY wearing the morphsuit!?' and he goes 'Nah, it's just a photo for you guys! ;)'

154797_484365262444_631502444_5784218_6926896_n.jpg

So, all in all, ABSOLUTELY BEST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD.

Matt just stares you down and hardly blinks when he's talking to you one on one, and his sense of humour seems like it's always in the suggestive mode, which don't get me wrong, I really don't mind. Chris is absolutely lovely in person and fairly talkative contrary to his lack of interviews and such. And Dom is just adorable haha he's pretty laid back and easy to talk to. It was so easy talking to all of them really.

163904_484338912444_631502444_5783957_2957724_n.jpg

So again, thank you so much Georgia for letting me come with on what was literally the greatest night of my life :happy::kiss:

And theres a video in Clare's tour diary of me and Georgia after the meet and greet. :LOL:

That's a lovely story Bee. Thanks for sharing it with us. :happy:

You touched one haha I saw it with my own eyes :LOL:

:LOL: As if I didn't end up taking one.

Oh well, Matt's played with a pick that I've touched? :awesome::LOL:

I'm disappointed none of you did a costanza pose or the lying down game next to their instruments.

I so would've posed if we'd had more than 40 seconds to get pictures :LOL:

I wanted to, but I figured I got the one from his pocket. :awesome:

I really do want to make it into a necklace.. I might just, but I'd hate to drill into the bit where he was holding it in his mouth :LOL:

I like that you've got stories next to them :awesome:

I was greedy. I got Biffy ones from the stands and then one from James' pocket as well, except I didn't ask, he just offered. :p

And yeah, my silly little stories... heh, I'll show you.

IMG_0149.thumb.jpg.ec6f5d932a885777f2ae48eff9b904ec.jpg

Notice how I put "Finn" because I'm still confused as to whether his name is that or Mark. I'm too used to calling him Finn! :LOL: And the bodyguard who brought them as gifts was Dom's I believe, but I don't know his name! They're all bald white guys, it gets confusing, lolololol.

Why didn't I think of that! :LOL:

But we weren't allowed to touch anything :supersad:

still :LOL: lying down game would have been epic......Maybe we could send the idea to muse...And they could do the lying down game all over the world? :LOL:

Omg yes on the piano :LOL::LOL:

:LOL: Except you'd certainly have to deal with Bellamy's fury if you touched his piano.

:LOL: Dom Anderson was on the edge of the stage yelling 'DON'T TOUCH, 30 SECONDS! DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING! 30 SECONDS! DON'T TOUCH!' :LOL::LOL:

So awesome! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures! I love the on stage ones.

amazing stories! :awesome:

thanks so much for sharing all that, it's fab to read it.

i LOVED matt misunderstanding the 'make it out' stuff. plus the look he gave to dom when he mentioned the morphsuit was in his bedroom LMAO

Thanks guys :happy: I had a good time writing it out :LOL:

The misunderstanding thing at the airport was the greatest point in my life :LOL: ... until the plectrum talk came about two days later. Dom was hilarious :LOL:

That's a lovely story Bee. Thanks for sharing it with us. :hap py:

No problem! To be honest I couldn't wait to have something posted in this thread, let alone two encounters :LOL:

Great story, Dee! :D

It's hilarious how fascinated they were with their own box set! :LOL:

I was seriously SHOCKED that they had no idea. Dom and Chris were inspecting it back to front and just rubbing the embossed logo :LOL:

I was greedy. I got Biffy ones from the stands and then one from James' pocket as well, except I didn't ask, he just offered. :p

And yeah, my silly little stories... heh, I'll show you.

[ATTACH]13185[/ATTACH]

Notice how I put "Finn" because I'm still confused as to whether his name is that or Mark. I'm too used to calling him Finn! :LOL: And the bodyguard who brought them as gifts was Dom's I believe, but I don't know his name! They're all bald white guys, it gets confusing, lolololol.

:LOL: I freaked out at security when he didn't give me the pick that Simon threw :stunned:

Finn? :LOL: Did he have like, a stubbly beard? And sometimes wore black glasses? If so, that's Mark :LOL: And depending on if the bodyguard had tattoo's on his arm, i guess it'd either be Rob or Jason? hahaha

:LOL: As if I didn't end up taking one.

Oh well, Matt's played with a pick that I've touched? :awesome::LOL:

:D AND Matt sang with the microphone I touched :chuckle:

:LOL: I freaked out at security when he didn't give me the pick that Simon threw :stunned:

Finn? :LOL: Did he have like, a stubbly beard? And sometimes wore black glasses? If so, that's Mark :LOL: And depending on if the bodyguard had tattoo's on his arm, i guess it'd either be Rob or Jason? hahaha

Yeah I had to yell at security for my Chris pick when he wouldn't give it to me after it fell RIGHT in front of me, grr.... I had a sign, ass!

Anyways, yeah I know his name is Mark now, but we thought his name was Finn for ages! Catherine told me it was and he responded to it! :$ Not my fault, I blame Cath! Kind of embarrassing when I've had like real conversations with the man... FAIL.

Yeah I had to yell at security for my Chris pick when he wouldn't give it to me after it fell RIGHT in front of me, grr.... I had a sign, ass!

Anyways, yeah I know his name is Mark now, but we thought his name was Finn for ages! Catherine told me it was and he responded to it! :$ Not my fault, I blame Cath! Kind of embarrassing when I've had like real conversations with the man... FAIL.

You even had a sign and you still had to fight for it? That guy really is an ass!

Hahaha I guess he looks a bit like a Finn :LOL:

You even had a sign and you still had to fight for it? That guy really is an ass!

Hahaha I guess he looks a bit like a Finn :LOL:

Like I said, I blame Catherine. :phu: True story: at Wembley I called Danny "Fabio" because I didn't know his name yet and he just looked so stereotypically Fabio to me. :LOL:

And yeah, the dick picked it up and held onto it (was probably gonna keep it for himself) and I had to yell at him for a few minutes to give it to me. It's not like Chris normally tosses picks to people after all. It was pretty nice of him to do so, and the douche wouldn't give it to me! :rolleyes: Karma: my first pick, Danny gave to me because he gave Catherine his setlist when I had asked first, so I pouted and he gave me one. I thought it was hilarious because Catherine had been wanting a pick for ages and didn't get one until Australia. :p /rant sorry

So, this is going to be pretty long. 1738 words to be exact :LOL: But I really just wrote it down for my own benefit for the future if I for some reason forgot.

We walked into the room and I see Matt finishing eating something (assuming it's a slice of banana that he had from a platter of sliced banana pieces) Dom was sitting on the couch and Chris was standing behind it. I shook hands with Chris and introduced myself to him and he said 'Hey how're ya?', and then I shook Matt's hand as well and he said 'Nice to meet you.' I turned around back to Chris and asked him to sign my TR Boxset and I told him that I bought a new marker that morning because he used a dodgy one on Sunday at the airport and he laughed. I also handed him the bag of goodies the Ninja Assassins put together to give to them. It had a Zelda T-Shirt for Chris, a fake Mo and a Plush Sheep for Matt while he's away from his farm and a thing called a Bananagram and it's basically a pencil case with scrabble tiles inside which we taped together to make words out of them to read. He looked at the bag and he goes 'Its so pink!' and I go 'You have to look INSIDE the bag!' and he shuffled stuff inside the bag and he laughed and he's like 'Oh excellent!' (I'm sure he saw the Zelda Shirt and got super excited haha)

Matt's sheep

15426913511952387331796.jpg

Banangram

155116_484351132444_631502444_5784039_8373955_n.jpg

I then walked over to Matt and he cut me off before I even said anything with 'Ive seen you recently, have I? and I said 'At the barrier tonight? Maybe?' Matt laughed and he said 'No.' so I said 'Sunday?' and he goes 'Oh right where'd you see us?' so I told him about the airport meet. And he goes 'Oh right!' really enthusiastically and then he followed up with an '... Oh... Right.' and he started laughing a little. So I said 'Yeah you thought I asked you to make out with me.' and he goes 'Yeah I recall, that was my misunderstanding' and he laughed and I told him it was really no problem, at all. Made for a great conversation piece.

I then asked him if he would sign my TR Boxset and as he was signing it and taking forever to do the swirls on the 'y', I asked him what it takes for me to get a plectrum from him. He looked up and he starts grinning and he says 'Not much at all.' and he winked and I started to laugh, but then it just went silent and we were just staring at each other and he just continued to smile. So I thought I misunderstood something and I go '... Wait, what?...' and he reiterates again with 'It really doesn't take much at all to get it.' And more awkward smiling from me and more suggestive grinning from him. Finally he broke and started shuffling through his pockets and he brings out 3 plectrums. He goes 'Here, I'll give you the warm one, do you mind? I just used it.' Of course I told him I'd prefer the warm one. He then had two more brand new plectrums and just held his hand out going 'picks? Anyone want picks?'

163996_484286167444_631502444_5783192_4346721_n.jpg

Chris had walked over to us and I told them that we sent back some toys to them via Rob at Acer Arena on the 9th and Matt's like 'Oh yeah the soft toys, Wonder Woman!' and I say 'Yeah with Captain America as well!' and I turn to Chris and see him laughing and nodding (probably about Captain America). So then Matt goes 'So, are you from Sydney or here?' I go 'Nah, I'm from Melbourne.' 'Right so you flew to Sydney but you're from here.' 'Yeah.' 'Ah right. How far do you live from here?' 'About 40 minutes, not too far.' 'Yeah. So you went to the airport? I thought you were going to give Dom that leopard suit, right? What happened?' 'I did! That's why we went to the airport to give him the morphsuit!' 'Oh you did!?' So then he calls over to Dom and he's like 'Dom? Where'd you put the leopard morphsuit?' and Dom goes 'Yeah its at home... in my bedroom.' and Matt gave him a WTF look complete with the one eyebrow raised and looked back at me laughing at Dom and laughed.

I finally went over to Dom and asked him to sign the boxset. He looked at the front and he goes 'Wow this looks really cool!' and I go 'Yeah I chose silver so it pops. Maybe you should think about getting yours signed?' and he laughed (Thank god because that was such a lame joke haha) and he said 'I actually don't have one of these.' so I go 'Seriously?' and Chris walks over again and he goes 'Yeah what is in that?' I told them what was inside but I turned it around and said that numbered ones have a 5.1 DVD of TR inside it. Dom took it out of my hands and started stroking the embossed logo on the front and he looked pretty impressed by it haha. And Chris took it and tried to read the back. I told Dom that maybe they should consider re-releasing the rest of their catalogue in 5.1 because it's incredible. Dom was all like 'Yeah, you know that's not bad. You've seen that making of DVD ay? When we we're in that little room it sounded amazing, really something else.' Then I reiterated with 'Yeah, seriously, think about it.' So then I of course had to ask about the morphsuit so I asked 'Have you even tried it on yet?' 'No I haven't yet it's in my bedroom, but it looks about the same size as my wetsuit *points behind me at the wetsuit hanging off the rail* so I'm sure it'll fit me no problem.' So I told him how we were contemplating on the sizing for a long time.

So we took the photo and Dom had has arm around my back with his hand on my waist (!!!!) and he wanted to take another photo but the lady said it was fine.

I just stood next to Matt after the photo and he leans over to me and points at the signed box and he goes 'Turned out great!' and I said 'Yeah good thing I didn't have a dodgy marker like on Sunday.' and he laughed and I pointed to his signature and the 'Love from' part and I said 'Aww' and laughed and he goes 'Oh did you not want me to write that?' and I said 'No it's lovely!' and he goes 'Oh yeah, you wanted me to make it out to you then?' and he smiled. Hahaha. So maybe I was a little glad he remembered about the airport. :LOL:

162915_484318327444_631502444_5783726_3505412_n.jpg

So before we left the room I asked Matt for a hug and he smiled and said 'Sure!' and he had to bend his knees a little to put his arms around my lower back but he had his head cradling on my shoulder :') I said thank you and he hugged me just the tiniest bit tighter. And then we had to back out of the room and I waved and mouthed bye to Chris and Matt and for some reason I gave Dom a thumbs up? Haha. And that was it.

164649_484337582444_631502444_5783950_5307497_n.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel obliged to talk about Jason, Muse's head of security because he's so cool. When Georgia and I and the two boys were waiting he asked me where I was from. I said Melbourne then he asked me where my accent went(?). So I told him, that this is my regular voice, and i don't really have an accent to work with. Then he goes 'Are you sure you're from here?' and I go 'I'm absolutely positive, I'm not lying, I'm from melbourne!' and he ends it with 'Mm okay, but I'm pretty sure you're not from here.' and he laughed.

Aaaand on the way out, I was looking into random dressing rooms and whatever and he's behind me going 'I see you looking in there! Wanting to steal some of their clothes!' and I go 'Actually, I saw a bunch of suitcases in the hallway with 'Muse Wardrobe' written on them and contemplated leaving with those' and he laughed.

Then the next night at the barrier I saw him talking to Georgia, Clare and Ev and I told them to tell him to come over to my side when he was finished and he came over and I asked if he remembered me and he goes 'Yeah! The non-accent girl! You're voice sounds better today!' (which it didn't btw) and we had a good little banter before he went back.

THEN about 20 minutes before Muse went on stage we were made aware that the morphsuit that we gave Dom was in a twitpic by the band! Of course we all went spastic and I saw Jason walk past so I called over to him and asked 'Is Dom REALLY wearing the morphsuit!?' and he goes 'Nah, it's just a photo for you guys! ;)'

154797_484365262444_631502444_5784218_6926896_n.jpg

So, all in all, ABSOLUTELY BEST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD.

Matt just stares you down and hardly blinks when he's talking to you one on one, and his sense of humour seems like it's always in the suggestive mode, which don't get me wrong, I really don't mind. Chris is absolutely lovely in person and fairly talkative contrary to his lack of interviews and such. And Dom is just adorable haha he's pretty laid back and easy to talk to. It was so easy talking to all of them really.

163904_484338912444_631502444_5783957_2957724_n.jpg

So again, thank you so much Georgia for letting me come with on what was literally the greatest night of my life :happy::kiss:

And theres a video in Clare's tour diary of me and Georgia after the meet and greet. :LOL:

I am so jealous!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I haven't met them yet, but when I do, I plan to have the most in-depth intelligent conversation I can. I want to "understand" Matt and his musicality in person. That's of course, if he can spare the time.

Which I doubt! You don't want much do you?! :chuckle: Sorry made me giggle. :D

Archived