No it didn't, and Amplifier's first album sounds nout like Origin Of Symmetry. In fact, not only was it written BEFORE Origin (not released, ofc), I believe the band have said in the past that Muse are a band they've never really listened to very much/like all that much. Respect, maybe, but I don't think there was any influence there.

As for Zornik, well, they're just a plain rip-off of Muse. That doesn't really count does it? Same goes for Reckless (the Portuguese band) - they're not so much Muse influenced as inferior Muse clones.

I really don't think Muse are a particularly influential band at all, let alone a revolutionary or moment of musical genesis. Also, like every band, Muse are but the sum of their influences - Jeff Buckley, Nirvana, Radiohead, Jimi Hendrix, Rachmaninov, etc. Muse are just as derivative as those they grew up with.

And wtf is 'bombastic neon rock'? That's just meaningless drivel :LOL:.

It really did. Name me one album that preceded OoS that had the identical sound. Good luck. There's always derivatives to be found in all bands but Muse still formulated a sound that is instantly identifiable as Muse with OoS and Absolution. In this day and age it's a rarity.

The Consultancy by Amplifier came out a whole three years later than OoS. I'm sure many OoS tracks were written time before the actual release. In that three years The Consultancy had plenty of time to take shape into a different sound that differs from the original demos. Tracks like The Consultancy and Neon have a clear OoS sound. It's ironic that Amplifier are always deflecting questions away about their similarities to Muse. You have to ask yourself why those questions are being asked in the first place.

I see no reason why you're discounting Zornik and Reckless. They are bands and they have a distinct sound that clearly pays homage to OoS. So why doesn't it count? My point is that OoS has spawned imitators and the fact that you say the two bands are just plain rip offs accentuates my point.

Also I chose boombastic Neon rock because it's what came up in my mind when I wanted to emphasis the brash and intensely epic nature of an earlier ardent Muse. If you don't like it you can kindly DO one. :)

Also I chose boombastic Neon rock because it's what came up in my mind when I wanted to emphasis the brash and intensely epic nature of an earlier ardent Muse. If you don't like it you can kindly DO one. :)

Wow, you must be a ton of fun to be around. :)

Even if I still don't agree on the subject of Zornik, and certainly not on Amplifier,you still only have 3 bands. Why even keep arguing about these bands when you should just be able to name 3 new ones? Maybe you want to mention Placebo or My Chemical Romance?

Even if I still don't agree on the subject of Zornik, and certainly not on Amplifier,you still only have 3 bands. Why even keep arguing about these bands when you should just be able to name 3 new ones? Maybe you want to mention Placebo or My Chemical Romance?

Maybe not Placebo, since Brian Molko hates them with a passion.

What a load of shit!! The Radiohead comparison is a fucking joke seriously! I've yet to hear one song which sounds like them! And Queen? This annoys me the most! Beacuse Muse songs contain more than one person singing at a time in a high note this is ripping off Queen? I'm sorry but Queen do not own the right to sing highpitched! And Exogenesis is a symphony! Queen do not own that either!

I can't listen to the first half of The Resistance anymore. It just sounds like they're trying too hard to sound like a stadium band, instead of sounding like Muse (who were already a stadium band themselves). The second half (IBTY aside) sounds more like Muse being themselves.

this... the only bearable part of TR is the second half without IBTY... thats more like the muse we know.... knew.

• 3 years later...
Is there a specific Skrillex song that people think Muse is ripping off, or are they just saying that because they're both dubstep? I haven't heard much of Skrillex's stuff tbh but I'm curious to hear how people believe Muse are copying him or whatever ...

Although I suppose it's more they got inspired to try out dubstep after seeing Skrillex in concert.

panic station = queen/stevie wonder

supremacy = led zepplin/paul macca

follow me = nero...

:rolleyes:

I would suggest that

How do you rip off an artist who collaborated with you on that very song?

Plenty of bands borrow/nick riffs off others. If anything Muse inject more of themselves into it than most other bands.

Archived