http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/music/article/the-6-most-shameless-rip-off-bands-in-rock-91017

Muse: Radiohead/Queen

Singer Matt Bellamy's vocal stylings on the first three Muse albums were such shameless adaptations of those of Radiohead's Thom Yorke that many thought the wonk-eyed singer was actually in another band. Having been called out relentlessly for the similarities, the band has since shifted gears and moved into operatic territory - where the symphonic pretense runs deep, and the kitsch of supposed oppression and Orwellian paranoia saturates and bogs down what could otherwise be perfectly respectable music. Switching derivatives from Radiohead to Queen was a smart choice, albeit a predictable one, but Muse has real potential to create memorable music if they'd get the hell over themselves, abandon the excess frills and leave the impersonations behind.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When will people give up the 'Matt sounds like Thom' thing. It's so fucking old, and not true. It's like 'wow, one man sings in falsetto....genuis......another man sings in falsetto....rip off merchant'.

Generally I do prefer Thom's voice, but they don't sound anything alike. Why am I wasting time saying this. .:LOL:

lmfao at the severe lack of oasis. i guess oasis are too cool to rip into now theyve imploded.

suppose there are some similarities. cant really call layered vocals in a few songs a queen rip off. nor do i think muse need to "get over themselves". infact thats the last thing i want them to do? does he want more indie wallpaper?

"Muse has real potential to create memorable music if they'd get the hell over themselves, abandon the excess frills and leave the impersonations behind."

Those who still insist on comparing Muse to Radiohead should get the hell over themselves :p

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/music/article/the-6-most-shameless-rip-off-bands-in-rock-91017

but Muse has real potential to create memorable music if they'd get the hell over themselves, abandon the excess frills and leave the impersonations behind.

LMAO. so what have they been doing this past 10 years?

bellamy thought ah yes i shall form radiohead mk 2 making nothing but unoriginal albums and yet somehow still be one of the biggest rock bands since, well, a long time ago.

:facepalm:

Archived