I don't know a lot about Radiohead, but can't warm to what I have heard tbh, apart from a couple of early songs I heard, when they did sound a bit Musey.

To me, from what I've heard, Radiohead are quite sort of low key whereas Muse are full on, and also the vocals sound very different to me, apart from maybe the early Radiohead songs.

Muse have so much ooophm! Dream Theater couldn't match up to them so I doubt Radiohead have it in them tbh. D

Muse Questionnaire

What are your 5 favourite bands of all time?

Matt: primus, nirvana, jeff buckley, deftones, rage against the machine

Dom : limp bizkit, radiohead, pavement, deus, smashing pumpkins

Chris: helmet, korn, deftones, beach boys, nirvana

All those other bands sound more or less legit (esp. considering the guys were younglings) but then LIMP BIZKIT?

I don't even care if this is fake/twisted humour on Dom's part,

LOLZ FOR DAYS.

I don't know a lot about Radiohead, but can't warm to what I have heard tbh, apart from a couple of early songs I heard, when they did sound a bit Musey.

To me, from what I've heard, Radiohead are quite sort of low key whereas Muse are full on, and also the vocals sound very different to me, apart from maybe the early Radiohead songs.

Muse have so much ooophm! Dream Theater couldn't match up to them so I doubt Radiohead have it in them tbh. D

Showbiz and The Bends are fairly similar.

Muse will always be considered to Radiohead because they are British bands who have built up fan bases largely without media involvement and do things a bit 'differently'

if it wasn't so arrogant sounding i'd agree with some of that, definately minus the 'first three albums sound like radiohead' thing.. i mean REALLY?

Do people even read nowadays?

It says the vocals sounding like Thom Yorke's, not Muse sounding like Radiohead directly

Matt Bellamy's vocal stylings on the first three Muse albums were such shameless adaptations of those of Radiohead's Thom Yorke

Also found:

Radiohead's last album. But he does'nt like 'Kid A ' at all.

. He's never met Radiohead, except Colin, the bass player who's very cool.

. He's bored of always being compared to Radiohead, especially since he doesn't consider that Muse and Rh play the same kind of music.But he takes it as a compliment.

You left out the bit where Matt Bellamy mentions he likes Radiohead's Amnesiac.

''Matt is interested in new 'technological tones': He likes Björk very much, or still 'Amnesiac', Radiohead's last album.''

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/news/archives/11052001-microcuts_team_meet_matthew_bellamy.php

I don't think he initially enjoyed Kid A, like many others at the time. But it seems from this interview a few years later, that he eventually ''got it''...or it clicked for him. In this interview Matt Bellamy talks about how they used Kid A as an inspiration.

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/news/archives/05042003-interview.php

''You can come up with something totally new and refreshing or you can work on already excisting concepts, try to make it better and add things to it. The first thing is really difficult to do, actually that's only possible with making new sounds with computers. The second way is just correcting things. Actually there's also a third option which is doin a little of both, Radiohead's Kid A is a good example of that. That's what we are doing, looking at the past and trying to make progress.''

Total rip-offs, when i saw them live they were just ripping off riffs from Led Zeppelin, Rage Against the Machine and Deftones.

:p

and Rachmaninoff and Chopin, I can't believe that Chopins grandchildren haven't sued

How the hell is playing other band's riffs after live songs ripping? They're not trying to incorporate them into original work. It's common knowledge that Muse cover riffs, I dunno about other bands (though Dream Theater covered the Stockholm Syndrome riff).

And the copyright on Chopin and Rachmaninoff's works have expired.

How the hell is playing other band's riffs after live songs ripping? They're not trying to incorporate them into original work. It's common knowledge that Muse cover riffs, I dunno about other bands (though Dream Theater covered the Stockholm Syndrome riff).

And the copyright on Chopin and Rachmaninoff's works have expired.

calm down he was blatantly JOKING

sarcasm fail.

I'm sorry but there are so many other bands that clearly ripoff others, Wolfmother?

I can hear slight similarities on the very rear occasion, but I wouldn't say their shamelessly ripping off Radiohead. Absolution up sounds nothing like them to me, I find it hard to see it with OoS too :rolleyes:

And the queen thing, I'd call it more of an influence, there is only a couple of songs where it is evident

Then again, I may be bias.

GAH.

And the queen thing, I'd call it more of an influence, there is only a couple of songs where it is evident

Only a couple of songs may sound like Queen but the influence is evident all over their live shows in particular. Again, not that it is a bad thing. Just saying that if it wasn't for bands like Queen Matt would probably get laughed at for wanting a mock grand piano on stage and doing all the theatrical posing.

Muse Questionnaire

What are your 5 favourite bands of all time?

Matt: primus, nirvana, jeff buckley, deftones, rage against the machine

Dom : limp bizkit, radiohead, pavement, deus, smashing pumpkins

Chris: helmet, korn, deftones, beach boys, nirvana

All those other bands sound more or less legit (esp. considering the guys were younglings) but then LIMP BIZKIT?

I don't even care if this is fake/twisted humour on Dom's part,

LOLZ FOR DAYS.

:LOL: That was my reaction too! I was like "yeah, ok, yeah.. yeah.... LOLWUT!?"

And people wonder why I always pick on Dom :p

• 8 months later...
Singer Matt Bellamy's vocal stylings on the first three Muse albums were such shameless adaptations of those of Radiohead's Thom Yorke

I wouldn't place them any nearer to each other than, let's say, Mary Poppins and Hannibal Lector. :rolleyes::LOL:

but in the sense of their 'own sound' they do have quite a unique sound. their are not many (if any) muse songs you could hear on the radio and say 'is that so and so? oh no it's muse'... (unless of course you are not really a big fan, but even then)

Even when I just got to know Time is running out and later owned Absolution I recognised every single old Muse song immediately as being Muse when it came on the radio or tv anywhere. :) So yes, they definitely have a unique sound.

Archived