Try to imagine reviewers as random youtube commenters, but with formal language and proper grammar.

That's about as much as their opinions are worth.

I generally do. I certainly don't have any reviewers whose opinions I'd respect, whereas I do respect those of some film critics (however I shall never see eye-to-eye with Kermode on the matters of Richard Curtis and Twilight.

I have a lot of respect for The Needle Drop and his opinions, even if I do disagree with him a fair amount at times. I like how he never trashes an album without reason as other sites, such as Pitchfork, do and I always see where he's coming from and understand his points even if I think the exact opposite sometimes. There's a couple of small time reviewers that I will read reviews of regularly, it just depends on who it is.

Back on topic, to me Unsustainable would just sound like something by Skrillex or anyone like that if you took out the intro and the vocals. I kind of appreciate what they did with it, but that's not something I would just sit and listen to, if I'm honest.

The drum beat mixed with occasional clean guitar licks I guess. I can see how someone would make the comparison.

Yeah my first impression of it was that it reminded me of Screenager and PA simultaneously. I couldn't tell you why I thought that (for PA that is, it reminds me of Screenager because the choruses share a melody), but I did.

Archived