If I have 1500 bands on my last.fm and another guy has 20, and I have those 20 included in my 1500, I think last.fm would display a SUPER compatibility, which might not be correct.

I think that's what it did with ours. About fifty bands we both like on the surface, and then you've probably got 300 I've never heard.

• 1 month later...
http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/music/article/the-6-most-shameless-rip-off-bands-in-rock-91017

Muse: Radiohead/Queen

Singer Matt Bellamy's vocal stylings on the first three Muse albums were such shameless adaptations of those of Radiohead's Thom Yorke that many thought the wonk-eyed singer was actually in another band. Having been called out relentlessly for the similarities, the band has since shifted gears and moved into operatic territory - where the symphonic pretense runs deep, and the kitsch of supposed oppression and Orwellian paranoia saturates and bogs down what could otherwise be perfectly respectable music. Switching derivatives from Radiohead to Queen was a smart choice, albeit a predictable one, but Muse has real potential to create memorable music if they'd get the hell over themselves, abandon the excess frills and leave the impersonations behind.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a fan of all 3 I think that Muse sure as hell isn't WORSE than Queen or Radiohead. Much, much better. The person who wrote the linked article HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME AND I DON'T LIKE IT. :p

Archived