LMAO. so what have they been doing this past 10 years?

bellamy thought ah yes i shall form radiohead mk 2 making nothing but unoriginal albums and yet somehow still be one of the biggest rock bands since, well, a long time ago.

:facepalm:

So it seems :happy:

Really, this is almost as -- if not more -- stupid as that "Fail Review of the Resistance"... I mean, everyone has their opinion, but this is really getting old. I'm not saying that I know a lot of Radiohead (I barely heard any :facepalm: ) but I can really say that the comparison is sad. As for:

"Singer Matt Bellamy's vocal stylings on the first three Muse albums were such shameless adaptations of those of Radiohead's Thom Yorke..."

:pope: BLASPHEMY!!!! MADNESS!!!!! .... LIES!!!! I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH I WANT THE TWUTH!!!!!!!!

[/RAGE]

Sorry... just had to get that out :indiff: I've grown to HATE these comparisons/bashings. Again people may have their opinions, but the next thing I read that's remotely like this, I shall call in a team of Soviet Russian ninja paratroopers to go raid their house and spread a deadly cloud of mustard gas in the furnace whilst lighting it on fire. And run them over with Muse's tour bus. Twice. :ninja:

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE this isn't funny anymore. Yet I still must laugh. :LOL: I'm so tired of the comparisons that all I can do really is laugh it off and ignore it.

P.S. I know the perfect words to describe this: Lazy journalism. They never bother to dive any deeper into the music. It's too easy to compare when other lazy journalists are doing the same.

Well they DO owe a lot to Queen but that's not the same as ripping them off. If Queen hadn't been as OTT as they were, Muse would perhaps had not been able to get away with similar.

But I'd say The Darkness were the Queen rip-off band of this era :chuckle:

well for me i want more than just the vocal styles being similar. Ok he may sound like thom yorke but there are other members in the band. So is chris' bass playing styles the same as in radiohead does Dom drum in the same style. Are the songs structured the same way as Radioheads? Do they write material about the same issues, is there live persona the same as Radioheads? And i hate it when people say muse would not be around if it wasnt for radiohead. I honestly believe muse would still have formed if radiohead hadnt and matt would still sing in the style. Didnt he say he started to sing that way after hearing jeff buckley and being encouraged to belt out his voice?

I don't understand vocal comparisons... just because Yorke sings with falsetto (apparently he is the first one? yeah right) then matt can't do it? or because the melodies are similar.. then that's got nothing to do with actual vocals, that's the music. Stupid comparison.

I agree Muse have a lot of queen in this last album, but it's not pretentious. I don't see how you can be pretentious in music to the point you 'need to get over' yourselves if you can pull it off...? If they sat around saying 'we are going to be the most amazing band ever' and never actually did anything, that's when they need to get over themselves. I hate all the 'pretentious' accusations in music.

Same here.Muse and Radiohead are my two favourite bands and I don't get why some people think they sound alike:erm:To me they sound totally different.

I completely agree. Radiohead isn't my favorite, but I have listened to them quite a bit and honestly I think only the casual listener could say the two sound alike. Listen to them both enough and they don't sound alike at all.

Muse Questionnaire

What are your 5 favourite bands of all time?

Matt: primus, nirvana, jeff buckley, deftones, rage against the machine

Dom : limp bizkit, radiohead, pavement, deus, smashing pumpkins

Chris: helmet, korn, deftones, beach boys, nirvana

Do you feel any pressure to try and sound "less Radiohead"?

Matt: no

Dom: no

Chris: no

:LOL:

Muse Questionnaire

:LOL: Where's that from?

Also found:

Radiohead's last album. But he does'nt like 'Kid A ' at all.

. He's never met Radiohead, except Colin, the bass player who's very cool.

. He's bored of always being compared to Radiohead, especially since he doesn't consider that Muse and Rh play the same kind of music.But he takes it as a compliment.

It's funny because anybody with a decent range of knowledge would know that Muse are one of the most original bands of all time

I agree.

I find it hard to find another band that has made music spanning from opera to song-poetry to metal to electronica to RnB to prog rock to pop. Probably some more even.

Muse Questionnaire

bless em they seemed so awkward about the radiohead thing in interviews :chuckle:

It's funny because anybody with a decent range of knowledge would know that Muse are one of the most original bands of all time

well it depends what you mean by original... they've got very very similar melodies, rhythms, chord progressions, etc to a lot of other bands/musicians/composers... so in that sense not the most original, not at all. but in the sense of their 'own sound' they do have quite a unique sound. their are not many (if any) muse songs you could hear on the radio and say 'is that so and so? oh no it's muse'... (unless of course you are not really a big fan, but even then)

Archived