I honestly don't have any problems with HAARP. I love watching that DVD. I've watched it on a 30 foot screen with 5.1 surround fiber optic audio. Still good. No problems with audio. Though I am pissed at the lack of CoD, Sunburn, and Bliss.

Well no offensive, but HAARP is not how a live recording should sound. It sounds more like really terrible studio production than a raw, ballsy live recording.

Well no offensive, but HAARP is not how a live recording should sound. It sounds more like really terrible studio production than a raw, ballsy live recording.

It's just so...flat the entire way through. It's a Costey fuckup. Is it just me, though, or did they slightly punch up SS when it was released on the Coachella promo?

On-topic, I think I'd much rather see a variety of shows than a single one. There hasn't been a concert this year that made me go "wow!" in terms of the setlist. Well...I did say wow a few times--not in a good way. :LOL:

More shows=bigger chance of seeing Sunburn, Dead Star, Cave, B&H etc.

This.

And honestly, since there were only a couple of really "wow" moments performance-wise (which didn't come close to the "wow" performances of previous tours), I would rather have a more behind the scenes look than just a regular tour DVD. At least then there will be a chance to not only see exactly what went into creating everything for the shows, but also at least some funny/interesting moments with the band members.

compared to Hullabaloo and the Absolution Tour DVD for a start. Radiohead's Live From The Astoria DVD, Jeff Buckley's Live DVD, Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound Of Thunder... The list could go on. The HAARP audio sounds flat and lifeless and it lets the video down. Listen to Stockholm Syndromes guitar tone in the opening riff on that compared to the Earl's Court recording on the Absolution DVD.

Yes the live sound has changed between tours, but if definitely didn't sound that dull on the night!

from memory Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound Of Thunder... sounds like it was a little too polished (tweaked in the studio) and also a bit "80's" - I say from memory, as I haven't played a video tape in years.

it sounds good on my hifi :)

just think you are being a little bit harsh - it's great to get any live release. Compared to most bootlegs or shite on youtube - it's great!!!

it sounds good on my hifi :)

just think you are being a little bit harsh - it's great to get any live release. Compared to most bootlegs or shite on youtube - it's great!!!

It's great compared to shit.

Well at least it's something..

The DVD will be a mixture of the tour.. Like a tour diary. Some songs from Manchester, Wembley, France, etc... I'm not too bothered about the camera work. Muse don't need that to show how good they are live. What they do need is someone GOOD to produce the audio. HAARP was god damn awful.

HAARP didn't sound great, did it. The guitar during the riff on KoC is rubbish. :(:(:(

The video editing was fucking great though. Top-notch job for that.

I'm really looking forward to a Resistance Tour DVD, of any kind: I'd assume it'd get released in the springtime? Surely by then all of - or at least most of - the tour will be finished, and that way the label have something to release during Muse's down year.

HAARP didn't sound great, did it. The guitar during the riff on KoC is rubbish. :(:(:(

The video editing was fucking great though. Top-notch job for that.

I'm really looking forward to a Resistance Tour DVD, of any kind: I'd assume it'd get released in the springtime? Surely by then all of - or at least most of - the tour will be finished, and that way the label have something to release during Muse's down year.

sounds fine to me

I think we should be saying they should release a BLU RAY.

I can't watch s***y DVD quality footage anymore!

I hope there will be a Blu-ray option.

No way would I say that I can't watch DVD anymore. For Metallica's "Orgullo, Pasion y Gloria" I went for the DVD over the Blu-ray, as the DVD has far more songs. Too many blu-ray re-leases are striped down compared to the DVD (which often has a audio CD as well).

Was Matts voice fucked for that gig? Certainly sounded like it on the DVD.

again I like HAARP. Just wonder how many people that don't like HAARP are just listening to it using only the TV's speakers or maybe the 5.1 soundtrack through a poor surround sound system? I alway listen to music DVD's & Blu-rays in stereo through a stereo system... mostly they sound bloody great!

I've listened to it on a low end LG surround system and a high end Bose system. There's nothing wrong with the audio quality on either system. The way the performance has been mixed/mastered and whatever else however, there is a problem with.

If you think DSoT sounds too much like a studio recording but think HAARP sounds great then I'm very confused.

Also I'd agree with the BR comments. What's the point in having a format for superior video and audio and not using it.

Archived