Wow are guys really letting this go unpunished?

Firstly "HD" wasn't invented really it was a coined phrase.

Second high def resolutions have been in use in computer monitors since the mid 90's.

Third Glastonbury 2004 DOES have an HD broadcast, things can be upscaled and encoded in HD even if not originally shot in HD, every see an old 70s movie on an HD channel?

What do you mean letting it go unpunished?

yeah maybe if you ignore the responses.

Oh and btw, most movies are shot in HD, even older ones.

Most of films of pre-digital era was filmed in 35mm (FullHD) for cinemas, then exist the super 16mm (that can be converted in HD with a lot of work), the 16 mm (standard film for TV) and 8 mm for the general public.

FullHD is 1920 x 1080 píxels and more resolution, but only can be apreciate in a blue-ray, the max. resolution of a dvd is 720 x 480, this is HQ, not HD.

For example, HAARP was filmed in HD, But the people who bought the dvd only can see it in 720 x 480, to see it in HD they would have to go to the cinema.

I imagine that Glastonbury's masters 04 will be in HD, but the DVD is degraded in HQ.

Yes, Glastonbury 2010 was broadcasted in HD, modern broadcast can be done in HD, like Glasto 2010, I'm not sure but i think is the only Muse HD broadcast.

We can see in FullHD ''Seaside Rendevouz'', ''MTV World Stage New York'' and ''Rock am Ring 2010''

i saw the xmas present and is fantastic! i don't know if they had the same tecnology to film the other stadium gigs, if not, we will see Wembley 2.0!

Most of films of pre-digital era was filmed in 35mm (FullHD) for cinemas, then exist the super 16mm (that can be converted in HD with a lot of work), the 16 mm (standard film for TV) and 8 mm for the general public.

FullHD is 1920 x 1080 píxels and more resolution, but only can be apreciate in a blue-ray, the max. resolution of a dvd is 720 x 480, this is HQ, not HD.

For example, HAARP was filmed in HD, But the people who bought the dvd only can see it in 720 x 480, to see it in HD they would have to go to the cinema.

This.

I wonder what definition pre-2004 cinemas were showing. Must have been a fucking pain to watch.

16/35mm film is digitized in a 10-bit cineon format. It's high definition, but not HD. HD is a standard of video described by demonocracy. Film is also between 2-4k in size, which is larger than HD video. Broadcast recordings prior to the widespread commercial use of HD were typically done in 720x480 due to the fucking pain it was to unnecessarily process anything near HD through their systems.

;);)

One would hope so. I'm not happy unless the DVD can project holograms and shoot lasers :phu::LOL:

Ever tried opening a DVD player case whilst it's still playing? There was indeed a laser show, and the smoke made did make the TV seem slightly holographic... :$

i thought about the same thing. filming america would really be a good idea, as they have just broke through there and its new terrain for them. Madison square garden is a great and legendary venue.

I would love for them to make a dvd around the american tour. I would love to have some video from The 1st Mariners Arena gig in Baltimore. It was there first time really touring in the state of Maryland instead of opening for someone. It would be totaly awesome!

Very funny. Sorry maybe i wasn't being clear enough, who said "the dvd is being worked on right now"? I'm guessing that was a quote from someone involved with Muse or did i misunderstand that post?

He/She said "I would take". Meaning it hasn't happened ;)

Archived