Propaganda (+ Acoustic)

OriginOfAbso

thought I wasn't very keen on this song but realise now I just really dislike the propaganda sound at the beginning. The rest of it is really great but when I hear that my instant reaction is to skip

(also its totally pwopaganda)

the solo reminded me of the breaking bad theme tune

I really don't understand everyone's problem with the lyrics to this song. Particularly why everyone hates the word "woozy," it's a pretty common word where I grew up. Yeah the death eater line is ridiculous but other than that the lyrics are good. I like angry yet personal Matt lyrics.

I usually hate rewinding songs, but sometimes I just have to keep rewinding that last minute. Matt's vocals, the dancy bass change, and the payoff at the end.

I've been doing that alot as well. The vocals and the chord progression is just so good.

And I'm pretty sure this song is going to be a single but damn I can't wait for this to get radio play lol.

I think they should release it as a single. I mean, signs point to Get up and fight being the next single, but I think it will be a mistake. Muse is already threading water, in the US at least, as being a generic radio band. Despite the chart success of previous singles, apparently new album first week sales figures (in US) look quite grim which speaks of a disinterested/lack of a core fan base. While GUAF may be more pleasing to the casual radio listener and short term might reach better chart positions, I can't imagine anyone buying a Muse album because of it. Propaganda on the other hand, in my opinion is pop perfection. It's more offbeat for mainstream alternative radio ( a concept not an oxymoron these days), but I think it will spark more of an interest in a listener geared at "getting" Muse.

This has been bugging me all week and I’ve finally just sussed it - the riff that underpins the Propa-propa-propa-propa-ganda robot riff bit is Around The World by RHCP.

Yes. I've imagined the opening scream from that song after the propaganda riff from the start.

Propa-propa-propa-propa-ganda - Aaaaaeeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaaeaeaaooooh!