Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

Are the upcoming US dates likely to be in the spring also or should we expect them to be part of the fall leg? Also, and this is based solely on my past experience with other bands, is it likely that the new dates won't be announced for at least a couple months?

they're going to announce the last few NA dates imminently, i believe, and they'll be a part of the spring leg.

not yet sure how extensive the plans are for full-fledged fall leg in NA, if any, aside from matt's reference to mexico in the fall...which means there could be something in the works.

they're going to announce the last few NA dates imminently, i believe, and they'll be a part of the spring leg.

Say, that's good to hear, as I currently can't make any of those dates. Still I'm not holding my breath for an NC show since they were here this year and last year. Still I dream...

also, switching gears -- the DWT set required 18 eighteen-wheelers (aren't they called lorries across the pond) to carry the set, gear, etc. from city to city.

i was told that a preliminary order of 22 was put in for this tour. not sure that means much, but there you go.

EDIT 2: it appears LA is also going to be a bitch to schedule, as the only night that staples center is available where muse is in the vicinity and is not already playing a gig on another night is march 10...and that would require a 6-hour trek from oakland overnight -- virtually impossible. the only other possible opportunity would be march 13, but it appears the band wants to take two-week break a break after oakland.

Is the LA Forum a possibility? That seems a bit more empty.

Saying that, didn't realise how busy the Staples Centre was. But then I guess having 2 basketball teams and the shit-ton of games the NBA book means I shouldn't be that surprised.

This might sound stupid but is that Prague airport an actual airport you can get flights to? :chuckle:

That would be hilarious haha, doesn't look like it though :LOL:

https://www.prague.eu/en/object/places/2156/prague-letnany-airport

"Prague Letňany Airport is one of the oldest Czech airports with an outstanding importance in the Czech aerial history. Nowadays, it is venue for air shows and other social, sport and cultural events."

a whopping $400 USD for the enhanced experience package...if you wanna play those fancy games powered by microsoft; $229 just for the premium ticket bundle.

by my count, that's about a $100 lunchbox, lol.

i suspect that it'll be £300-325/€350 for the big ass package for the euro leg.

there is no such thing as a free lunch.

What are the chances of LA, NYC, and Chicago being stadium shows later in the 2019 since winter shows have been announced already?

I was wondering if they were going to give Lollapalooza another go next summer after the "weather malfunction" last time.

They did just announce that smaller show at the Aragon in Chicago next month.

New date: March 23rd in Austin, TX: http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/indy

Okay, how in god's name are they supposed to get all their crap from Austin to south Florida overnight?

This worries me. I was going to do that FL gig and now I'm wondering if it's too risky. I don't want a repeat of Dallas 2015:LOL:

the stage/set (and some associated gear) for the main tour is going to be in FL.

they're going to play in the amphitheater with a simple LED backdrop (or some such) and then fly to FL after the gig, where the bulk of everything will be waiting for them.