Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

I was wondering if they were going to give Lollapalooza another go next summer after the "weather malfunction" last time.

They did just announce that smaller show at the Aragon in Chicago next month.

Or perhaps LA, Chicago, and NYC will be apart of the 2nd leg of the arena tour in the fall!

i suspect they'll be less costly than those for the main tour.

I thought the opposite actually, given that it's indycar. I'm not sure how prices for that compare to F1, but last I saw for F1 tickets were I think 300 cheapest

Edit: just checked and these are significantly cheaper than what I remember F1 being. Based on the Long Beach event, tickets start at $80ish and go up from here.

Edited by iLikeCorvettes

I thought the opposite actually, given that it's indycar. I'm not sure how prices for that compare to F1, but last I saw for F1 tickets were I think 300 cheapest

Edit: just checked and these are significantly cheaper than what I remember F1 being. Based on the Long Beach event, tickets start at $80ish and go up from here.

$85+fees. looks like if you want to be near the barrier, there's an additional fee for a "Standing Room Upgrade." eek.

gets you in to see races all three days...and concert admission.

gig is going to take place not in the amphitheater, but on the "COTA Super Stage."

http://austin360amphitheater.com/events/indycar-ft-headlining-performance-by-muse

$85+fees. looks like if you want to be near the barrier, there's an additional fee for a "Standing Room Upgrade." eek.

gets you in to see races all three days...and concert admission.

gig is going to take place not in the amphitheater, but on the "COTA Super Stage."

http://austin360amphitheater.com/events/indycar-ft-headlining-performance-by-muse

Good looking out, depending on the price of the "upgrade" I might be tempted to go and just ditch the race a bit early to wait to be let into the pit

Maybe a football stadium (soccer) but not a big stadium. Something like StubHub center in LA for exemple.

LA is Muse largest market in North America, and Matt said he loves the Bowl shaped stadiums the most (Rose Bowl or LA Coliseum) because the sound doesn't float so much as tiered stadiums.

LA is Muse largest market in North America, and Matt said he loves the Bowl shaped stadiums the most (Rose Bowl or LA Coliseum) because the sound doesn't float so much as tiered stadiums.

Yeah but it's still 60k people, that's like 4 Staples Center shows. Don't think they can do that.

How likely do you all find it that the album will be performed in full?

Full playthrough? Nah, always been so rare. (Watch them do it at iHeart now lmao)

Just playing every song across the era? Hopefully, hasn’t happened since Black Holes so maybe it’s time again. Can’t help but slightly worry that BITM might be at the very least rare, if not a candidate for not getting played, for being too hard to pull off though :(

I always felt like hearing a little snippet of a favorite song live was more of a slap in the face.

Seen a few big bands do it, and inevitably one of the songs was one I never had seen before and was dying to, and it left me feeling crappy.

Yeah I agree. Linkin Park did this when I saw them back in the day and I didn't enjoy it at all.

Depends what the medley is tbh. If it’s shortening some songs I’ve heard a ton of times over the years, even if I like some of them, to make space for new stuff or other fun stuff then sure I guess. If it’s done with rarer stuff...idk. Would I rather see a little bit of x song than none at all, or only feel like the full thing was good enough? It’s an interesting thought.

Only thing is, with Muse, so many of their songs obviously have radically different sounds and vibes so there’s not many obvious, well-flowing medleys in their catalogue I can think of.

Edit: maybe you could do a few Drones tracks, like Psycho > Handler > Reapers

Edited by Jobby

Dead Star / Micro Cuts / Hyper Music seems to be quite a logical set. You can chuck in any number of other drop-D songs as well, tbh.

A piano medley might not be too bad either. If they were to do a medley, I'd love an instrumental medley. A really well thought out, properly planned one - bits of Nishe, The Gallery, Isolated System, Forced In, etc. I think that could be pretty special.

Nah. That shed the best part of Dead Star, the solo build-up/bridge back to the riff. Just play Dead Star in full and after hitting the last night, keep the fuzz going into the descending MC bridge before the outro riff. That would be awesome. And bring back the slowing-to-a-standstill outro from Earls Court / the late-2004/early-2005 shows.