NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

If they're going to keep up with this "fan club" mailing list thing for pre-sales, it would be nice if they actually made their mailing list reliable.

I'm signed up on three email accounts, all of which have for some reason been dropped from the list, in random order.

You don't have to wait for an email if you log into the members section you can get the code from there. I've never gotten an email and I manage presales just fine.

You don't have to wait for an email if you log into the members section you can get the code from there. I've never gotten an email and I manage presales just fine.

Except the announcement specifically states the password will be delivered via email this time, and there's precedent for that sort of thing with the NA tour "legacy" bs.

I was trying to help a friend get Red Rocks tickets and didn't get a code on any of my emails, despite being signed up on most of them for years, until the very end when everyone got them.

I was told that if you don't get the emails, including xmas stuff, it's likely you're not in the system. They have no fix for it, no idea why it happens, and the only answer I ever got was to make a fake Gmail account and keep signing up.

This ticket sale is going to be a bloodbath without all that.

I'll die gladly, the day when Muse plays a by request setlist in this side of the planet (South America), UK/Europe always gets the infamous shows... :(

So many rarities to play:

My 10+ songs I'll like to hear someday in a distant future live...

Muscle Museum

SHOWBIZ

Escape

Hate This and I'll Love You

Darkshines

Futurism

Dead Star

Hyper Chondriac Music

Sing for Absolution

The Small Print

Exo-Politics

Crying Shame

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Anything beyond the fourth album it's likely achievable in a regular setlist (even when I put US and MKU on the list)...

Since for me, it's an impossible gig to go, I'll pray for a decent recorded bootleg of that gig (audio or video)...

It'll be

worth

......it?

(...............right?)

I know it's for charity and all but, fuuuuck, that's a hell of a lot for a small gig :stunned:

It won't be worth it except for it being for charity. Are they donating all proceeds?

It *is* hard to believe they're not going to find some way to cock this up somehow, given their track record.

The fact that they have a general sale for this big "fan request" gig at a tiny venue is still maddening, though.

Between that and the generic password, the only thing that could make this more of a kick to the balls is if they somehow used AXS to sell the tickets through.

The generic password that some people (like me!) haven't been sent !! So some random tout could pick it up somewhere and folks like me are left out on the cold. Hope I can get it via my profile or something tomorrow.

It's incredibly common for extra tickets to things to go onsale right before a gig; Ticketmaster lets you sign up for an email for that now.

It's due to finalizing the stage sizes (for arena shows) and probably tickets reverting back from other sources.

I've often wondering if it includes scalped tickets that didn't sell, since the ticket sellers partner with them (or do it themselves, nowdays.)

I can't imagine how they would be able to figure out if it was a "legit" sale or one to a reseller.

I still don't get why they aren't playing a larger venue for this sort of thing which fans have been wanting for years? I know they like intimate venues and all but it's a bit unreasonable to have a "choose the setlist" kind of thing when only 2000 people can get in. People are coming from all around the country. People are coming from all around Europe and those who can afford it are traveling even further.

Why not play the Royal Albert Hall or the Brixton Academy? At least with a 5,000 capacity venue those who really want to go probably would be able to.

I still don't get why they aren't playing a larger venue for this sort of thing which fans have been wanting for years? I know they like intimate venues and all but it's a bit unreasonable to have a "choose the setlist" kind of thing when only 2000 people can get in. People are coming from all around the country. People are coming from all around Europe and those who can afford it are traveling even further.

Why not play the Royal Albert Hall or the Brixton Academy? At least with a 5,000 capacity venue those who really want to go probably would be able to.

It's BBC Proms season mid July - early September. No way the RAH is going to be available for some band to do a charity gig in the middle of August with their being at least one concert, sometimes two, every summer night!

R+L was complained about for the Origin shows since the festival is naturally filled with a lot of non-fans or at least not big fans. The best solutions are still to make these shows larger (or several small shows), or even better, do fantastic shows every night so there's not a giant drop of quality after the special nights.

Yeah a Brixton would've worked, not least given bands have usually played their R/L headliner warm-ups there (I saw Kasabian in 2012 and Green Day in 2013 at Brixton in the week before they did those festivals).

Maybe SBE was easier to book. I can imagine it being more special for those there to be in a 2000 venue, but they could easily sell an arena show with this request dynamic.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

People/fans want everything. We want intimate shows and we want request shows, but we want to be able to go to these shows so we want big shows with compromise too to make sure we get there.

Sometimes, there has to be an acceptable of what is feasible and/or an acceptance of just what the band are doing. Even if I didn't have a ticket, I think an intimate request show is much cooler than an arena one. Would I be just as chuffed is there was an arena one - yes.

The Psycho tour was just about the best compromise possible, and I think it is (a little) fair that when the fans kick off for a show like SBE, they do point out they did the Psycho tour. That, of course, doesn't negate the perfectly valid complaints about recent shows and setlists (we all know a bit of light, sensible rotation would be eminently possible).