NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2017/keybank-pavilion-burgettstown-pa-be5d51e.html

This can't be real, can it? The soundcheck, I mean. Gotta be trolling??

I mean, we're less than 3 weeks away from a by request gig where all of those are likely to finish v high in the vote so it's not that surprising. Lotta people expected that they might start popping up at soundchecks.

Real. People at the gig claimed those were soundchecked, followed shortly by Muse posting a clip of them playing Fury.

holyfuckingdamnbloodyshit Showbiz. Others too, especially Glorious, but... SHOWBIZ! God, is this really happening?

I am pretty sure the pitch will be lower, though.

Seriously fuck this band. They soundcheck about a half dozen songs people would kill to hear and then churn out the same plodding boring nonsense for the actual show? It's frustrating that Muse have the potential to still be at the top of their game but they're willfully choosing to be otherwise.

I don't think it's that bad tbh. You should almost never assume/expect something to get played at a gig just 'cos it gets soundchecked imo, especially when it's obvious that they're practicing for SBE. The Insta video was maybe a bit too far but (iirc) it didn't have a caption hinting that they were gonna play it or anything so I just took it as a tease for SBE.

I just hope they don't tease more rehearsals, but I've got a feeling they will.

Doing a tease, filmed at the current US venue, for a future show in the UK while they are *playing a fucking gig in the US moments later* is a pretty big "fuck you" to the US.

I can forgive the sound check for all the reasons stated, but the IG thing seriously disappointed a lot of their fans and absolutely comes across like they view this entire US tour as a waste of time and a quick cash grab, while catering to people at a later gig with a small fraction of the number of people at it.

I get that some people have sort of "forgiven" the band because of SBE, but they're still fucking over a huge portion of their fanbase for absolutely no reason.

I thought the setlist.fm entry was a troll, without hearing the Fury video or seeing anecdotal evidence. Clearly not.

Bit like Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased being soundchecked before LA Rising in 2011 then not being played. Still also a bit weird.

also, just in: redbull tv announced they'll be streaming muse's performance at lolla on the Channel 2 feed saturday (not tomorrow) at 8:45 p.m. CDT (Sunday, 1:45 a.m. UTC).

Bit much its being delayed for 2 days after the gig.

Doing a tease, filmed at the current US venue, for a future show in the UK while they are *playing a fucking gig in the US moments later* is a pretty big "fuck you" to the US.

I can forgive the sound check for all the reasons stated, but the IG thing seriously disappointed a lot of their fans and absolutely comes across like they view this entire US tour as a waste of time and a quick cash grab, while catering to people at a later gig with a small fraction of the number of people at it.

I get that some people have sort of "forgiven" the band because of SBE, but they're still fucking over a huge portion of their fanbase for absolutely no reason.

Agreed, I don't get it at all. Great, Muse can put on a damn great show when they want to. Cool for the 2000 people that were lucky enough to see it on the other side of the world I guess? I'm beyond sick of people acting like the one admittedly great gig a year they end up doing invalidates the very legitimate complaints people have for the other 100+ that are subpar.

I thought the setlist.fm entry was a troll, without hearing the Fury video or seeing anecdotal evidence. Clearly not.

Bit like Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased being soundchecked before LA Rising in 2011 then not being played. Still also a bit weird.

Bit much its being delayed for 2 days after the gig.

In context it's even worse, opening for Rage Against the Machine and promising a proper metal fest exactly a month before Origin of Symmetry's anniversary R&L performance? I'm still upset over LA Rising.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I know that Matt's guitar tone sounds like it's become increasingly insecure of Chris' bass tones by the day.

Just do your own thing, man. Copying Chris' tone actually makes these riffs less beefy by taking away from their dynamics.

I know that Matt's guitar tone sounds like it's become increasingly insecure of Chris' bass tones by the day.

Just do your own thing, man. Copying Chris' tone actually makes these riffs less beefy by taking away from their dynamics.

I mean, I think they both have gone more and more bland and boring with their tones in recent years. Sure, I get it, it's easier to have a Kemper with you than actual pedals. But just comparing even something as basic(for them) as Plug in Baby from, say, HAARP to Plug in Baby from Rome or even later, man... you can barely hear the synth-tones in the newer ones. And even worse with dist/od-tones on bass, it's basically one sound nowadays.

And, well, same for Matt... even the FF sounds way more boring nowadays imo.

Agreed, I don't get it at all. Great, Muse can put on a damn great show when they want to. Cool for the 2000 people that were lucky enough to see it on the other side of the world I guess? I'm beyond sick of people acting like the one admittedly great gig a year they end up doing invalidates the very legitimate complaints people have for the other 100+ that are subpar.

I don't think my feelings for Muse have ever recovered post-Zepp somehow, haha! I know they've done Download and Montreux since then, and this will be another one, but in the bigger picture I still find their general mentality baffling. I just find it a lot harder to be that enthusiastic about the whole thing, I guess.