NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

Unfortunately, I think a lot of you guys should just make your peace with the fact that each show is a gamble and the odds are definitely not in your favor if you're in the United States and you're expecting anything more than *insert a couple tracks latest album* + every hit they've ever had. Can't say I'm too optimistic about the new release pattern since they'll likely all be "hits" and they don't seem to drop them so there'll be even less room for anything else at this rate.

Adding another 3-4 songs can totally change the setlist and that just reinforces my point that the board's reputation for being unreasonable is total bullshit.... But even if they did replace The Globalist with a handful of songs or extend the setlist from T2L's 19 to 22-23, an album cycle down the line we'd be in the same situation since they don't drop their hits and they keep making more of them.

I feel like this is all well known already and discussed almost daily except the board still does complain about it everyday.

Am I the only one here who thinks Matt's voice has gone downhill a lot lately? He seems to be struggling, and his falsetto is very weak, too.

The Drones era as a whole was a step down for him from previous tours, or do you mean a further step down from that?

Am I the only one here who thinks Matt's voice has gone downhill a lot lately? He seems to be struggling, and his falsetto is very weak, too.
Of course you aren't. like half of the gig related posts these days is about Matt's deteriorating voice.

mmm yum

I mean, I'll have to be at the airport for around 5/6 the next morning for a little flight out to Italy but, fortunately, the plane flies out from London :LOL: hectic few days tho

!!!!! JOBBY PREPARE THE HAPPENING CHAMBER

https://twitter.com/musclexmuseum/status/881936406075121665

My dream venue :love:

Is that July 7th the pre-sale or general?

Suppose the obvious question is what voting system they're gonna use and how many/what songs are up for vote.

Matt suggested Easily as his choice for a request pick. That would be cool.

oh fuck off

Inferior fans with inferior opinions won't vote for it though :fear:

Wonder if they will select the songs for the vote or if it will be all their songs.

If Matt's said he'd vote for Easily, I'd assume it'll just be their entire discog? Was the same for the 2010 summer polls iirc.

If Matt's said he'd vote for Easily, I'd assume it'll just be their entire discog? Was the same for the 2010 summer polls iirc.

Yeah but with an obviously much higher proportion of hardcores in attendance (presumably) it wont get fucked with votes for Madness.

Yeah but with an obviously much higher proportion of hardcores in attendance (presumably) it wont get fucked with votes for Madness.

Ticket holders only as well boiiiii :awesome:

When did Muse start making good decisions.

As far as I recall it was only album tracks, including the bonus tracks. So no Dead Star, In Your World or certain b-sides, but as its a Showbiz bonus track, Spiral Static did make a top 5 at a gig (might've been Fuji Rock?).

Question is what would everyone's 10 choices be?

There'll be some ticketholders just being dicks and voting for the same songs they've played hundreds of times. Although tbf two of my current favourites remain Map of the Problematique and Stockholm Syndrome, and they dig those out every time. :chuckle: I'd like to think a good proportion will keep it obscure though. I also wonder if they'll do a thing where they keep running totals during the length of the poll.

Would have to figure out how to get tickets though. Which continues my ever-going frustration tickets are put on sale at 9am whenever they go on sale.