NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

Yeah, just gotta have a .mu profile.

And obvs be signed for the mailing list or you won't get the email lmao.

Right, I always get nervous cause it feels like I never get any mail from them.

My list anyway would probs be something along the lines of:

Fury

Showbiz

Hate This & I'll Love You

Sing For Absolution

Host

MK ULTRA

Glorious

Hyper Chondriac Music

Ruled By Secrecy

City of Delusion/Hoodoo

It's haaard though

Once again, London gets an intimate show with rarities guaranteed. I swear, London (and surrounding areas within a 6 hour radius) get more opportunity in a single touring cycle than we've gotten over a fucking decade.

Single touring cycle? More like a single gig if this show lives up to its potential.

Saw some Tweeters suggest Falling Away With You to the official Twitter. I'd love Endlessly as an Absolution rarity as that was 16 year old me's favourite Muse track, while the more obvious Fury, Sing for Absolution & Butterflies are also up there as they're both ones I want to see, but I hadn't thought of that one... thoughts?

Probably the only chance it has. Probably the only chance a lot of songs have tbf, so we better make this count.

No doubt that I'd rather hear Knights and Psycho than like Citizen and City Of Delusion in a venue like SBE. Just don't get the love for those songs. Knights and Psycho are fantastic live songs in my opinion.

But you've seen them 7+ times and will see them again at every Muse gig ever for the future.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely go for something different.

(also I'm not the biggest CE jockey but it'd be sick in a small venue like SBE)

No doubt that I'd rather hear Knights and Psycho than like Citizen and City Of Delusion in a venue like SBE. Just don't get the love for those songs. Knights and Psycho are fantastic live songs in my opinion.

I agree Knights and Psycho are great live songs. But they've been done to death. As has Citizen Erased as a rarity pick imo.

Don't think anyone is voting based on what sounds good in the venue, but what we have zero chance to ever hear again, more or less.

Seeing videos from the Psycho Tour with the whole floor of those small capacity venues jumping and moshing to Psycho and KoC - fuck I'd love to be a part of that.

I'd imagine those are the guaranteed songs for the SBE gig (since you only get to pick 10 tracks and I'd at least hope they're not playing a 10 track gig)

CE's a shoe-in, which I'd actually be really up for at a small venue full of hardcores. Riff'll be chaos.

Showbiz, Glorious, Fury, Assassin, Dead Star and Bliss are all probs nigh guaranteed to make the top 10 as well.

Seeing videos from the Psycho Tour with the whole floor of those small capacity venues jumping and moshing to Psycho and KoC - fuck I'd love to be a part of that.

yeah it was great

but

naaaaaaaaaaah still don't do it

I'd imagine those are the guaranteed songs for the SBE gig (since you only get to pick 10 tracks and I'd at least hope they're not playing a 10 track gig)

I'm thinking they'll do the top 10 voted-for songs and then do 5 or 6 hits on top.

But you've seen them 7+ times and will see them again at every Muse gig ever for the future.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely go for something different.

(also I'm not the biggest CE jockey but it'd be sick in a small venue like SBE)

At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference but +1 to this

Someone made a poll about the songs they should play on the famous 20th Anniversary Tour and I copied the results which where:

1. Citizen Erased 522
  2. Fury 477
  3. Showbiz 470
  4. Muscle Museum 437
  5. Dead Star 414
  6. Bliss 329
  7. Butterflies & Hurricanes 313
  8. Assassin 310
  9. Glorious 309
  10. The Small Print 285

Can't remember how the point system worked.

All I remember from that period is some beef about Ashamed not being on the list :chuckle:

Wasn't that more recent? Something about how we shouldn't ask for Assassin cos it's guaranteed and how we should all spam for Ashamed instead?

Wasn't that more recent? Something about how we shouldn't ask for Assassin cos it's guaranteed and how we should all spam for Ashamed instead?

That's probably the case, all merges into a blur tbh

Edit: in fact yeah that rings a bell, something to do with hashtags iirc

I'm thinking they'll do the top 10 voted-for songs and then do 5 or 6 hits on top.

If that's the case, then of course it would be maniac to vote for Psycho and Knights.

My worst fear is that Matt makes a list of 30 songs we can choose from with all the usual hits and the more "recent rarities". Then play the top 15 of that at the gig.

My worst fear is that Matt makes a list of 30 songs we can choose from with all the usual hits and the more "recent rarities". Then play the top 15 of that at the gig.

And this is something I assume.

The last "by-request" thing with Assassin and B&H was something similar, wasn't it?

My dream 10. Yes, I've seen some before and yes, they're not all the rarest of the shiny, holographic rares, but these are the 10 I'd really like to see (or see again).

Muscle Museum

Hate This & I'll Love You

Darkshines

Dead Star

Falling Away With You

Take A Bow

Assassin

City Of Delusion

MK Ultra

Reapers

Just accept it at this point.

I feel like I have but this announcement really pissed me off anyway.

Then I got to thinking that last time they took a break in the middle of a us leg for a special gig in the UK they came back and played Fury and added Agitated and gave us one of he best sets on the tour the last night. So I guess I'm just going to hope some of the rarities stick around for my gig in Sept. I mean the money is already spent, I guess.