NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

If they play TaB tonight in Reading, I think there's a 50/50 chance it will stay.

If they play Showbiz tonight I think it shows that they aren't afraid of it - especially playing it 2 gigs in a row. I haven't seen the Leeds version but people are saying the vocals are even better than at SBE. I know it's probably hugely unrealistic to expect them to play it over here but we can dream :p

My optimism for a couple songs staying is based solely on the last 2 gigs, so it's probably dumb to even speculate and use this as a gauge considering they have a huge gap and all this will probably go out the window anyway by Sep 15 :rolleyes:

Didn't they do some new visuals for Butterflies and Hurricanes in 2010 and then only play it 5 times?

I thought those visuals had been curated for the 2008 shows?

But yeah, they do have a fair few "limited use" visuals or remixes of old visuals in the locker (thinking New Born, and that QI-inspired visual has had 3 different versions at least).

Don't forget all the OoS visuals and stage set for two shows in 2011. I don't think they're afraid to waste money tbh.

Think that's different for a such a special one-off (technically 2 but whatevs) show though, not unlike them to go all out for something like that. Plus the Bliss and New Born visuals ended up surviving. Can't remember this Butterflies thing, all I remember that having visuals-wise was that aeroplane/tower beacon vid and I feel like that stuck around a fair bit?

Either way, this TAB setup is really extensive - all brand new and unique laser show, lights and screen visuals. Judging by Dom A's reactions while watching it, it seems like something they've put a lot of work into getting right. Doubt it'll be a staple obvs, but I would be surprised if it doesn't stick around for the US gigs.

Either way, this TAB setup is really extensive - all brand new and unique laser show, lights and screen visuals. Judging by Dom A's reactions while watching it, it seems like something they've put a lot of work into getting right. Doubt it'll be a staple obvs, but I would be surprised if it doesn't stick around for the US gigs.

I hope so too! Beautiful visuals. :love:

The TAB stuff is awesome. I think the main limiting factor in these visuals staying around is how accommodating these amphitheater stages are. For instance, I don't think the stage in Nashville was covering enough to have those overhead lasers where Atlanta would have been able to just fine. I don't think Red Rocks has the stage setup to do it either if my memory serves me correctly.

I despise amphitheaters so much. They are the worst of everything. Too small to accommodate a complicated production, yet too big to be intimate. They are outside/uncovered, leading to weather issues and sweltering temps. They have either no pit or a small pit which limits barrier space. Oh and not to mention, because many are seasonal, the employees/security are often incompetent.

I hate, hate HATE them.

• 3 weeks later...
There's 19 songs?

Tbf Interlude and Munich Jam aren't really songs as such (especially not the former). Isolated System and NKOK may be debateable - I would hate to see NKOK but I kinda like IS leading into something, e.g. The Handler.

Either way, when those 4 songs are removed it leaves 15

Edit: whoops double post