NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

If they were to play stadium gigs, they would be obliged to play mastodontic setlists like they did during The Unsustainable Tour, and I'm not sure if Matt wish to go down that route again without filling the setlists with interludes and the other mumbo-jumbos to rest his voice.

Meh, not necessarily. They only played around 20 during the TR stadiums, and fill it with interludes and other mumbo-jumbo is exactly what he'd do :chuckle:

I've been seeing a spam site on Facebook saying they'll play the O2 in London next year in the autumn. But I honestly would've thought something might turn up in the summer with all t'other Europe dates announced & yet to be announced.

If they were to play stadium gigs, they would be obliged to play mastodontic setlists like they did during The Unsustainable Tour, and I'm not sure if Matt wish to go down that route again without filling the setlists with interludes and the other mumbo-jumbos to rest his voice.

Think on that tours it was 24 full songs with 2 drum & bass jams plus the full version of Isolated System... maybe 5 extra songs with an extra jam compared to the 15/16 they've been doing?

Meh, not necessarily. They only played around 20 during the TR stadiums, and fill it with interludes and other mumbo-jumbo is exactly what he'd do :chuckle:

And that would be an incredible letdown after what they did with the 2013 Stadium Tour.

20 songs would be even okay, but excluding outros, interludes, jams and tapes, in fact.

I'm really, really curious at this point what the difference is in Matt's vocal struggles from tour leg to tour leg.

I thought he sounded pretty damn decent on the amphitheater tour in the fall, and that last Oz gig had one of the worst Mercy's of the era.

Yeah, that Instagram clip was extremely rough. He sounded like he was ready to pass out from getting out of breath.

• 1 year later...
On 11/13/2017 at 5:44 PM, Jobby said:

Speaking of rarities and whatnot, I got curious so I crunched some numbers from the last 9 years and here are the odds for what's most likely to make a return in 2018:

Reveal hidden contents

- Working under the definition of a song's 'return' as being gone for at least 3 years before coming back.

- Most popular records/eras for returns: Origin (13), Showbiz (9), Absolution (7)

- Most common no. of years passed before a song makes a return: 3 years (6), 8 years (5), 12 years (4)

- Most popular year groups: 11-15 years (10), 6-10 years (8), 3-5 years (8)

- Has the song made more than 1 comeback?

- Does the song have fan backing/get requested?

- Was the song on the Shepherd's Bush voting list?

- The band have never brought back a song that's been gone for more than 15 years so anything else that was last played in 2002 or before ain't counted.

Likelihood: Strong | Decent | Slight | Weak (

)

Uno, Cave | Space Dementia, Megalomania, Ruled By Secrecy, Unintended, Forced In, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Animals, Guiding Light, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, City Of Delusion, Unsustainable | The Small Print, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Exo-Politics, Hoodoo, Falling Down, Overture, Man Of Mystery, Neutron Star Collision, Popcorn, Explorers | Darkshines, Screenager, Eternally Missed, I Belong To You, Liquid State, Sign O' The Times, Lithium, Crying Shame, Do We Need This, Nature_1, Map Of Your Head, Falling Away With You, Redemption, Aftermath, Save Me

Muse average around 4 song returns a year, just as an fyi. Oh, and this is all obvs super factual.

lol we got Unsustainable.