NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

People/fans want everything. We want intimate shows and we want request shows, but we want to be able to go to these shows so we want big shows with compromise too to make sure we get there.

Sometimes, there has to be an acceptable of what is feasible and/or an acceptance of just what the band are doing. Even if I didn't have a ticket, I think an intimate request show is much cooler than an arena one. Would I be just as chuffed is there was an arena one - yes.

The Psycho tour was just about the best compromise possible, and I think it is (a little) fair that when the fans kick off for a show like SBE, they do point out they did the Psycho tour. That, of course, doesn't negate the perfectly valid complaints about recent shows and setlists (we all know a bit of light, sensible rotation would be eminently possible).

Yeah - I think Muse are big enough for a request arena date but an intimate show is still a good thing, and for those with tickets, I think it'll be a fucking amazing night, and I do think the show is ultimately a good thing, provided that hopefully they dig out some proper obscure gems.

I was prepared for the fact I wouldn't be able to get tickets for this one, so I'm ok missing out and instead maybe going Belfast Vital or Leeds (busy on the Sunday of August BH so can't do Reading). In terms of the other stuff, I guess its just me idly dreaming tbh. :chuckle: Although the Psycho Tour was cool tbf.

I guess I don't see what the compromise would be doing larger venues for a request tour?

I'd be willing to wager the reason people are asking for intimate shows is mostly because they know that's the only time the band will play a good set, at this point.

Still sell the majority of the tickets through the fan presales, and nothing changes.

I guess I don't see what the compromise would be doing larger venues for a request tour?

I'd be willing to wager the reason people are asking for intimate shows is mostly because they know that's the only time the band will play a good set, at this point.

Still sell the majority of the tickets through the fan presales, and nothing changes.

Agreed. How many people are asking for intimate venues because it's the only shot they have at seeing Muse at their best or significantly above average? Within the United States arguably it's the only time you should go see them and it fucking pains me to say that. I know I don't care about intimate venues.... Actually I might start to care if they continue doing this early entrance VIP bullshit on the next tour (which is the primary reason I skipped this one).

To be fair, I used to hate that they did the whole VIP thing as well but it's starting to feel like just about everyone's doing it nowadays so I've stopped blaming them specifically. Just a really shitty new trend that's caught on among promoters I guess.

There are, however, bands that refuse to allow it to go on because they do care about their fans. Or at least their public image, I suppose.

I've seen bands that actually refuse to work with venues that give people early access if they eat at the restaurant/bar, buy a package from them, etc (Hard Rock Café is terrible for that.)

I hope people vote for that Do We Need This and Nature_1, that's like our only shot of hearing those tracks ever.

Unforunately, DWNT was apparently glitched and you couldn't have that and Hyper Music in the same list for some reason. Hyper Music's doing pretty well, looks like DWNT ain't :(

I hope people vote for that Do We Need This and Nature_1, that's like our only shot of hearing those tracks ever.

Unforunately, DWNT was apparently glitched and you couldn't have that and Hyper Music in the same list for some reason. Hyper Music's doing pretty well, looks like DWNT ain't :(

the reason why i bought a ticket was because i kinda wanted to hear a song that's never been played before live, and out of those few songs, Easily tops my list.

but the way this vote thing is playing out, i'm starting to wonder if i should just settle for a couple more courses of north american setlist drivel that i've already planned to eat and ditch my plans of flying across the pond for a gig...

It'll be

worth

......it?

(...............right?)

I know it's for charity and all but, fuuuuck, that's a hell of a lot for a small gig :stunned:

People think 78 pounds is a lot? What is that like 120 USD estimating? It's possibly going to be zepp 2 get the fuck out of here. pit tickets for these outdoor NA shows are 2-300 bucks for garbage sets in comparison.

I'd pay 500 bucks plus travel with zero hesitations if this was going on in my country to see a Zepp level setlist.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

People think 78 pounds is a lot? What is that like 120 USD estimating? It's possibly going to be zepp 2 get the fuck out of here. pit tickets for these outdoor NA shows are 2-300 bucks for garbage sets in comparison.

I'd pay 500 bucks plus travel with zero hesitations if this was going on in my country to see a Zepp level setlist.

Sigh. Don't remind me. I try not to think about the $$$ these tix cost when we get these shit setlists over here. :(

I was lucky enough to see them at The Mayan show in LA up close, so far I'm going to Red Rock's, Kaaboo (San Diego), and Life Is Beautiful (Vegas) for this tour because goddamn I love seeing this band play live! I know for a lot of people out there in the world who are not fortunate enough to see them play live is a travesty! I wish I was fortunate to bring along those many just to see them live once. I have no idea what my point is, whiskey is a flowing, but Muse are one of the very few bands that I would travel to see play live! Of course the hard core fans want a Zepp/ Psycho tour set ever night, but we live in America!!!! UNFORTUNATELY, main stream radio is fucking drowned and owned by electronic music/beats at this moment! Record labels push bands these days for that "ONE HIT" which in MANNNNNNYYYYYYYYY cases killed SEVERAL amazing bands! Yes, fuck American mainstream radio bullshit! One day i will head to Europe and tour the REAL music festivals over there!

the reason why i bought a ticket was because i kinda wanted to hear a song that's never been played before live, and out of those few songs, Easily tops my list.

but the way this vote thing is playing out, i'm starting to wonder if i should just settle for a couple more courses of north american setlist drivel that i've already planned to eat and ditch my plans of flying across the pond for a gig...

Don't do it. I can't see a gig being worth a $500-$1000 flight+accommodation.

Don't do it. I can't see a gig being worth a $500-$1000 flight+accommodation.

i have until three days before my flight leaves (17th) to cancel w/ a full refund. thankfully, i plan to stay w/ a friend in london, so no accommodation cost.

if i get a sense that the band is gonna do some major crawfishing by not playing a chunk of the requests that seem to lead the pack at the end (i assume they'll never divulge the official, final results), i'll GTFO.

I not only was completely unaware the tour was starting back up, but none of the feeds that usually pop up for me on social media even mentioned it this time.

Maybe this tour's finally become too boring to even bother mentioning.

What's going to be a real kicker is seeing the SBE setlist, and then having the band come back to finish the US tour with this current one.

Hey everyone,

We're trying to get Muse to play Butterflies & Hurricanes for the Toronto gig on Tuesday night. It worked last year for Citizen Erased, so it's worth a shot!

Please tweet the band with the hashtag #ButterfliesAndHurricanes4Toronto!

Cheers,

Joel.

Saw that SMBH had the Close Encounters theme intro in Toronto. Sounded pretty decent, although maybe that's part down to boredom with the Hendrix intro that had been used for most of 2015/16.

Why does Chris keep miming Matt's playback backing vocals in Dig Down?

To be fair, I'm more bewildered by Dom doing that during the heavy section of The Globalist.

Saw that SMBH had the Close Encounters theme intro in Toronto. Sounded pretty decent, although maybe that's part down to boredom with the Hendrix intro that had been used for most of 2015/16.

I'm more interested in Who Knows Who intro and outright for Dead Inside.