NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

Close Encounters is probs more boring than Voodoo Child tbh. If they have to script jams/riffs, I'd rather they went with the old Jimmy Jam for Supermassive.

Side note - Anyone know what this shopsidestep.com merch site is about? Couple of tops on there I like the look of but, judging by the delivery options, it looks like some kind of pre-order thing exclusive for the US gigs where you pick the gear up at the gig. Shame if so, hopefully some of them'll be available on .mu later.

Close Encounters is probs more boring than Voodoo Child tbh. If they have to script jams/riffs, I'd rather they went with the old Jimmy Jam for Supermassive.

Side note - Anyone know what this shopsidestep.com merch site is about? Couple of tops on there I like the look of but, judging by the delivery options, it looks like some kind of pre-order thing exclusive for the US gigs where you pick the gear up at the gig. Shame if so, hopefully some of them'll be available on .mu later.

It's just a preorder if you're going to a gig. If you see something you like, you could ask someone you trust to pick it up if they're going, if you know someone going I suppose.

I wanted some of the stuff from the last tour and nearly none of it went up on the shop. :(

It's just a preorder if you're going to a gig. If you see something you like, you could ask someone you trust to pick it up if they're going, if you know someone going I suppose.

I wanted some of the stuff from the last tour and nearly none of it went up on the shop. :(

Yeah, seems they don't do much admin with the .mu shop. Up until like 2015, I was still finding Black Holes merch that'd been listed as 'unavailable/sold out' since I first started looking in '08/'09 :LOL: Then, as you say, it almost seems down to random chance what current stuff ends up on there nowadays.

I think they just make a seriously small amount of merch and avoid having left over stuff to sell online.

The last gigs I went to were the last two of the US tour, and they were out of tons of stuff by the time the non-VIP line got in the building.

I have a buddy from my support group going to Red Rocks, if there's something you really wanted, I can ask them if they'd pick it up.

I have a buddy from my support group going to Red Rocks, if there's something you really wanted, I can ask them if they'd pick it up.

Aw, that's okay, thank youuu :happy:

Think I might just gamble and hope they bring some to the UK gigs so I could see the tops in person before deciding. Always had trouble judging size differences between countries, with unflattering results :chuckle: If they don't have 'em then hey ho, I can always grab some sleeveless stuff from somewhere else.

Good Morning America. And no, they didn't play on GMA. They host Friday morning concerts in the park every summer, and some genius on setlist.fm thought it was a good idea to consider that a "festival" by typing in the range of dates. Unfortunately, everything else in Central Park that has nothing to do with the GMA Summer Concert Series is now designated that way until the mods there do something about it.

All that being said, it would not have surprised me at all for Muse to play GMA this summer.

Good Morning America. And no, they didn't play on GMA. They host Friday morning concerts in the park every summer, and some genius on setlist.fm thought it was a good idea to consider that a "festival" by typing in the range of dates. Unfortunately, everything else in Central Park that has nothing to do with the GMA Summer Concert Series is now designated that way until the mods there do something about it.

All that being said, it would not have surprised me at all for Muse to play GMA this summer.

Oh ok.

To be fair the only thing I found on there was Imagine Dragons, which seems more their band. Be fascinated to see if the FCC came down like a tonne of bricks if Matt added his old "What you fucking mean" in the inevitable performance of Madness, nevermind just going the whole hog with Psycho. Maybe if it was on HBO or Showtime. :chuckle:

There's absolutely no reason it would be bad for them to play that show... many bands in the exact same demographic as Muse play it, and it's good exposure.

And Tom Hanks already said the F word on GMA, so it's hardly more shocking than that. :chuckle:

For a moment I thought he meant Muse were taking the now vacant slot in the series, and I did feel a little uneasy about that.

There's absolutely no reason it would be bad for them to play that show... many bands in the exact same demographic as Muse play it, and it's good exposure.

And Tom Hanks already said the F word on GMA, so it's hardly more shocking than that. :chuckle:

For a moment I thought he meant Muse were taking the now vacant slot in the series, and I did feel a little uneasy about that.

Exactly, even Green Day did it. I work for an ABC/CW affiliate and have to watch it every morning. They bleeped out a *ton* of Zedd's performance with Liam Payne this past Friday, so I think they'd be prepared for Matt. Pretty positive they're on a delay too. They'd be daft not to be.

*edit, completely forgot LP were supposed to play in a couple weeks :/

Loudwire (of all sites) wrote a review about the NY charity gig and called NKOK a highlight. What. The. Fuck. :stunned:

I wonder if they were actually there...

http://loudwire.com/muse-central-park-summerstage-benefit-concert/

I was there and it was easy to tell that a lot of people didn't realize that Matt wasn't even on stage until halfway through the "song".

Wonder if it'll get jeered/booed if they do it at SBE. Same with Dig Down actually.

I'm totally convinced they won't play Dig Down.

Suggestive evidence: No Madness at Zepp, Montreux, Electric Ballroom, all of the Psycho UK Tour and Download, and no Starlight at the Belfast Psycho Tour gig or Download. It's clear they know those songs don't fit at these types of gigs (deep cuts, hardcore fans), so I would be utterly shocked if they didn't realise the same about Dig Down.

True, the reaction to Dig Down has been particularly adverse as well.

Hard to tell with NKOK though, they obvs find it funny and like doing it so Matt can have a break. Would feel weird for a crowd to boo something in the middle of what'll presumably be an amazing gig but I wouldn't blame people if they do tbh. It'd probs get a backlash from people who couldn't make it but at least it might tempt them to drop it.